This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20020 December 15th, 2004 at 07:09 AM
E
OP Offline
E
about a week ago i got a peace lily, but then i had to go out of town, so it didnt have water for a few days and its leaves are all droopy and not shiny like they were before

so, how often and how much should i water it for it to become healthy again? it's really making me sad that it's dying, thanks

#20021 December 15th, 2004 at 08:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to the Garden Helper forum, Eagle! wavey
There are lots of friendly and informative people here to share advice with and we also looking forward to hearing of your gardening experiences!

This is a link to The Garden Helper's page on caring for peace lilies.
The Garden Helper - Care of Peace Lilies

I water my peace lilies until the water runs through the bottom and then let dry out slightly before watering again. They are one of the few plants I prefer to keep in plastic pots rather than clay because the plastic retains the water longer so I don't have to water as frequently. Watching the leaves of your peace lily is valuable as they quickly droop when thirsty. Usually a good, well-drained soak perks them up again within a few hours. After awhile you might learn what to look for just before the leaves begin to wilt and use that as a sign of when to water.

Keep us posted on how your peace lilies are doing! We love to hear each other's gardening experiences! laugh

#20022 December 15th, 2004 at 06:58 PM
E
OP Offline
E
thank you very much Cricket, i gave my plant plenty of water last night, and when i woke up this morning it was about as good as new

i'll keep yall posted on how it does

#20023 December 16th, 2004 at 10:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anytime, Eagle. I don't know much but I'm willing to share what I know. laugh

not shiny like they were before
I occasionally run a damp cloth over the leaves to remove the dust.

Link Copied to Clipboard