This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#18947 March 23rd, 2004 at 08:51 PM
B
B
Rellie,

I really like your sweetpeateepee....try sayin' that five times fast!!! Your baby sounds adorable! I think I will make something like that for my boys this year. I have a small side yard by my driveway, that during the summer I park my car blocking off the front of the drive on the street so the boys can skate, ride their trikes and bikes, etc. I think a children's garden there would be wonderful...with a tee pee and some sunflowers, etc., next to their sandbox and park bench. I could even use their old wading pool to make a small vegtable garden for them to tend....oh, boy! Sounds like fun! When they grow up I will use the side yard for a rose cutting garden, with all diff specimens.

Have a happy day!
Barbara

#18948 March 23rd, 2004 at 08:55 PM
B
B
OH!! And P.S. SHOULD I have soaked the morning glory seeds????? I did for the sweat peas and they are sprouting, but nothing with the morning glories. I don't think they said on the package to soak.

Barb

#18949 March 23rd, 2004 at 09:59 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Barb,
I too park at the bottom of my driveway when I'm doing yard work and the kiddos play, ride bikes, trikes, whatever. wink Thought that was my original idea!

The morning glory packet I got said nick the hulls of and soak the seeds for 12 hours prior planting. but since mine are in the grass... who knows what they're doing...

#18950 March 31st, 2004 at 06:01 PM
B
B
Rellie,

I planted some morning glories....both inside and out...the outside ones are finally starting to sprout...though not as many as i planted. The ones in the house are sprouting nicely though!

The boys liked the idea of the teepee..but they also said they wanted it in the upper tier garden so that they they could let their trains drive through it like a tunnel...so that may be what we do!

Barb

#18951 April 1st, 2004 at 03:16 AM
I've never soaked morning glory seeds. I think you're going to have to check the teepee each time before your girls get in it to make sure there are no creatures. I've had hummingbirds buzz my head and I'm sure they could scare your children.

#18952 April 2nd, 2004 at 06:29 AM
OP Offline
we have cockateils in the house so the girls are not too scared of birds. and they go bug hunting everytime we go outside. they collect worms, ants, rolly-pollies, and ladybugs. the iceplants on the divider wall are right at my daughters' eye level and it gets swarmed with bees. my four year old walked right up by the plants to watch the bees and told me, "mom, i can get up close to them... as long as i don't bother them they won't sting me" flw Well, at least one anyway. I'm so happy!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard