This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18431 July 21st, 2004 at 03:41 AM
L
lilitu Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have a fuchsia- she was very pretty- and then the aphids came ters ....and the mealy bugs mad
I gave her a full dunk in soapy water, picked off all the mealy bugs and she seemd ok...but i htink the saop has done some damage.
She's looking rather...yellowy spotted and the blooms have gotten crispy- the ones that weren't open look pretty good but the rest of the foliage is pretty sad-nothing is dropping off.
Could it be the soap that hurt her?

lilitu

#18432 July 21st, 2004 at 05:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Lilitu,

I'm unsure if the soap would have hurt her, but was she wet and in the sun? That may have burned her. I would suggest cutting off the damaged sections. As fuschias are fast growing, hopefully she will bounce back to health quickly. Also, fuschias like bright light but not hot sun. Good luck.

Cricket

#18433 July 21st, 2004 at 05:00 PM
L
lilitu Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I honestly don't know if she was wet & in the sun...i know one day I moved her out of quarantine to a spot I thought would be shady, later I realized it got way more sun than I expected in the morning. I moved her back inside for the time being- mostly cuz it's been so hot. Do I actually have to prune her back?- her stems/branches seem fine, it's just the leaves that are yellowing- and most are still holding on rather strongly, they're not withering or falling off. And there is new leaf growth developing.

#18434 July 21st, 2004 at 11:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there is new growth, perhaps it will come back on its own. I would watch sun and water conditions carefully. Doesn't like hot sun and although fuschias enjoy moist soil, they don't really like "wet feet". Good luck and keep us posted on your fuschia's comeback. I'm rooting for you!

Link Copied to Clipboard