This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18418 December 10th, 2004 at 04:40 AM
S
spadix Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have put together a terrarium in a 45 gallon aquarium. I would like to see if anyone knows if the flourescent light is okay or if I need to use something else or nothint at all. Thanks alot.

#18419 December 13th, 2004 at 01:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi spadix, the only terrarium i have made was from an old wine jug that i sent near a sunny window, out of direct sunlight of course. i'm sorry, i don't know anything about artificial light, but i don't like it is entirely necessary if you have enough natural light and heat. good luck, maybe another poster will be able to help you out more.

#18420 December 13th, 2004 at 02:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
flourescent light will be just fine. in fact, plants grow better with flourescent light than regular incandescent bulbs. don't know why, but they do.

#18421 December 13th, 2004 at 08:22 AM
I agree about the light - as long as you're getting natural sunlight, you're ok.

What a terranium does is help keep the moisture in and that's what you need for new plants.

I, as I said in another post, put bottles or parts of 'em on plants - just to help them out.

You wouldn't put it in direct sunlight cause that could burn the leaves, of course.

Florescent? Maybe that's why plants always do so well in offices or retail places.

Link Copied to Clipboard