This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#168014 December 13th, 2006 at 03:37 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
How's this for a dirty keyboard...
[Linked Image]

Also, grinnnn wink laugh

#168015 January 17th, 2007 at 10:01 AM
A
A
Jacob, most anti-glare monitors I've seen have a strange purplish tinge to them when you try to look for a glare. That and reflections should be more difficult to see.

I don't know that I would use alcohol on wood. Prolonged use will likely dry the wood out quite a bit even if it evaporates quickly during the cleaning.

Also, most electronic-y things can be submerged in water or exposed to a lot of water assuming that air can be in contact with all it's parts after the dousing. If your anything gets dropped in the toilet or whatever, break it down to smaller pieces if possible and let it sit for several days. The water will evaporate and things will be about as good as new. Now, this doesn't mean to go toss everything you own in the pool to see if my thoughts are correct, but in case of an emergency like taking an accidental swim with your cellphone in your pocket or something it's worth a shot.

#168016 January 18th, 2007 at 06:36 PM
What a cool key board Weezie!!!!!

#168017 January 22nd, 2007 at 06:54 PM
I've been told not to use alcohol on wood products that have a finish/varnish. THe alcohol will eventually cloud the finish. This cloudiness is a sign of the alcohol eating away at the varnish itself. I use alcohol to clean ink-stains off my wood dining table, but my table isn't going to be an heirloom!

#168018 March 11th, 2007 at 05:52 PM
I use alcohol for all the glass in my house . Cheeper than that window cleaner and works alot better . I think it dries faster and leaves less streaks too . You can also use it to clean your mouse contact points and ball . I have a trac ball mouse and use it all the time to keep the ball from sticking and keep it rolling freely .

#168019 March 14th, 2007 at 06:15 PM
I sold mobile and cell phones for a few years and the techs would tell us that if a customer called to say they had dropped their phone in water, we should tell them to dunk it into rubbing alcohol because it would evaporate and help dry it out faster.

#168020 March 14th, 2007 at 06:26 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
ohhhhhhhh realllllllllly!?!?!?!?!?!

I wished you would have come thru with this
tid bit a while ago....
We've gone thru two..
*although one survived a mudpuddle..
the other did not survive the washing machine* :rolleyes: eek

#168021 March 14th, 2007 at 06:38 PM
Just an FYI too-

Unfortunately most companies have policies that prohibit "really helping" a customer unless that customer gets really irate or makes a threat (like to deactivate service, etc)

Policy in our store was that if a customer threatened to deactivate service, we were to accomodate them in any way possible.

If, for example, you dropped and damaged your phone and it was beyond repair, we could push charging you FULL price for a new one and say that we could not do anything else to help you, but if you complained enough, we had a pile of "trade-in" phones in the back that we could activate to your phone number and we could either charge you $10 and get a little commission or just GIVE it to you outright.

The moral of the story? Sadly, sometimes it pays to be rude. And it ALWAYS pays to negotiate!!! If you don't get the answer you want, talk to a manager!! YIt is RARE that you would ever have to pay FULL price for a cellphone!

#168022 March 14th, 2007 at 07:37 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Don't get me started...

Unless you want to copy and paste your above reply to another thread..
I my husband and I are pretty P.O.'d about one transaction...

*But gotta keep this one thread/post on track,
after all it's about rubbing alcohol* wink laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard