This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#167093 February 27th, 2007 at 12:20 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by dodge:
I didnt order the furniture, cause I am not a white furniture lover..It will take me 4 years to do it all..
You could possible in the future purchase it
if you can't find things suitable and
PAINT IT THE COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE..
Duh Duh idea

#167094 February 27th, 2007 at 12:52 AM
weezie,

Correct........I am not a fancy person, but do love Lace and Victorian things..
Just another hobby, and I will check out more stores for the parts inside.. I prefer the dark colored furniture.......
I just bought 2 new recliners for my Real house an one is Buckwheat an the Other is Ivory with brown added.
My circular long couch is more of a caramel color.

So I am thinking like this trim on here deep mahogany..LOL
Bill has good taste on the Quick reply bar.

b

#167095 February 27th, 2007 at 09:40 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
HeyDodge,You could use that dollhouse as a "jumping off point" and then that will get you into the "mini-mindset" more (lol)and you will be looking at everything in a different scale.....(oops, as I sit and giggle about getting someone else involved in my mini world)

They have a few different scales in the dollhouse world , mine is a 1" scale they also have larger and smaller scales. I think 1" is the most available to shop for..... You can also print wallpaper and things off the internet....just use card stock and a realy good printer. I have wallpaper in this house that came from the net .....see.... [Linked Image] it's the border included....I used double sided scotch tape....it has been in there a few years already and it will be my template when I repaper the dollhouse....no muss, no fuss..... [Linked Image]

You can also collect little people when out and about shopping....lol

[Linked Image] ok....I better go........

kratz7

P.S. Congratulations Dodge......When will you be getting your dollhouse? Are you going to do some crocheting for you dollhouse? mini blankets would be cool.......you could always paint the furniture, likw weezie said........keep us posted......

#167096 February 27th, 2007 at 02:04 PM
Kratz,

Thanks , they said within 2 weeks, it will arrive.
I just thought that was so cool of weezie to send that , it was instant love......I didnt want to get elaborate..Just see if I could do it.
I love the idea of printing online paper. My printer does a sweet job..lexmark.
I am a person who just does things as I find , that attract me.. Things i like,ha ha
YOur a pro and I am a no........So now the game is begun..
Lets get more fans..to buy a house.. ha ha

Thanks Kratz for all the help and I am reading an studying you approach..........ANd anyone elses ........
Thanks weezie.......were all good for something,.
barb

#167097 February 27th, 2007 at 05:38 PM
kratz

Here are some samples......daaaaaaaaaaaa

[Linked Image]

#167098 February 28th, 2007 at 09:43 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
First things first.....congratulations on you dollhouse I hope you have alot of fun with your new project....Keep us posted on the progres.
Secondly, your smallies are really cute, you will have a blast crocheting little things for the house. you could make little rugs for it like Jane's they look real cute in the house. Or you could do doilies and dable runner for the diningroom table, end table doilies etc.....

Is your dollhouse a 1" scale? they are pretty easy to find furniture and decorations for it. If you have a dollhouse shop in your area I think you will find alot of cool things there.....you are on your way with all the furniture and things you already bought......check it out and have fun...if you need help with anything certainly let me know maybe I can help....... smile

[Linked Image]

even tiny toys work well.

[Linked Image]

Kratz7

#167099 February 28th, 2007 at 01:38 PM
Kratz,
i am goin to try a different thread..

Not sure what I like or what designs..
Can you use those? I will give them to you.. free ..barb

#167100 February 28th, 2007 at 03:24 PM
How exciting Barb....good luck!!

#167101 February 28th, 2007 at 03:30 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey, I just got an email flyer from
Joann Fabric's..
Doll House Kits\'/Supplies

#167102 February 28th, 2007 at 07:35 PM
Thanks Weezie.......

Look more later after my chores..i like the furniture for sure.

#167103 March 1st, 2007 at 12:18 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

You don't need to spend a fortune to have fun....there are all types of things you can do....and use that are generally inexpensive. I bought alot of the things over many years certainly not all at once. eek You can pick up things at the dollar stores,craft shows,I also pick up things at yard sales and wherever I see something I think may fit....I have a very fancy gas grill I paid a buck for....only thing is it has a clock in it.....lol [Linked Image]
You could also go to your local decorating stores that have wallpaper sample books,they will usually give them to you free of charge.Ask for the smallest prints.....as they will fit the scale of a 1" scale dollhouse.
I have made alot of little tiny fuzzy blankets...where I just cut and folded, then put in the closet.
[Linked Image]

I bought 1/4 yards of fabric to make a tiny quilt but never got around to it....lol... story of my life... you can find mini ideas and things just about anywhere. Bottom line it doesn't have to be expensive, I skimped where I could and went for it where I needed to.....

We don't have children so that makes a differance too. We would have loved to have 2 children at least, but it wasn't in our cards......bummer...but we're okay

I have also printed tiny canned good labels off the net and fastened them to a dow rod then cut them with a mini saw to make my own products.

I have even bought little things at craft shows too. There is an aweful lot of things free to print on the net. I even used mini foam sheets like felt..and felt for flooring instead of the "dollhouse Flooring"lol.. that will cost a fortune, so it depends on how thrifty you can be.... the thin foamy stuff you can buy at walmart..... [Linked Image]

You could crochet all of your own little blankets and things.... I would love to have mini sheets and thermals....lol

Here's a link to my photobucket page of the dollhouse... http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/Charlie7_01/My%20Cambridge%20Dollhouse%20by%20Dura%20Craft/

Ultimately.....have fun...... thumbup

check it out if you would like there are alot of thing that I made myself. I enjoy mini stitching and the dollhouse project alot....lol as you can see

kratz7

#167104 March 1st, 2007 at 12:41 AM
Kratz,

This is so cute..
I have a new granddaughter, and One married son.
This is first time a tiny little girl stepped into my house..I mean I lived with boys till now .
SO we get the biggest kick out of Haley..
I did loose one child..Miscarriage.. And my son and his wife lost the first child also.. That is why this is so special to us......
Sorry of yours....Guess it was meant to be.. However I am having fun ..Now I must check Weeezies furniture.

Oh I bought some thinner thread today.. Maybe I can make something you can use.. I will show you later.

Thanks for all the fun.. Hope someone else joins us .
dodge

#167105 March 1st, 2007 at 10:35 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

The furniture and dollhouses JoAnn has on sale looks very nice. I wish they had that stuff in their stores..... like they do on the net....as I don't shop online too much. I like concrete and mortar stores typically....lol
But I'll go back to the link and do a little more looking as I'm always in the mood for a good bargain....
Maybe weezie will get interested....lol
Soon it will be spring and I will be out in the flowerbeds.....dollhouse is a Winter project.
But I will be decorating for Easter....I'll post a few pics this weekend...when I get it done.....I'm looking for spring anyways......lol so that will get me in the mood....

Have a great day,

kratz7

#167106 March 1st, 2007 at 01:53 PM
Weezie,

Come and join us weezie..
Get a house an start.....
We still have lots of snow an still need fun for 2 more months.

b

#167107 March 1st, 2007 at 02:19 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by Kratz7:
Maybe weezie will get interested....lol
You know, I get the biggest kick outta this post..
~~>when I was a little kid, I had a play set, it was a board, with four legs you pushed over the board, (so it was up in the air) and you put this plastic house together (but it had no top)
and you had people/family and they had magnets on the bottom of them and you also had a stick
you'd take and put under the board, and the magnets would match up and you could move the people around the board~house and I had soooo much fun and was in a world of my own in there..

But now, I have sooooooo many pokers' in the fire so to speak... I just couldn't take on one more..

But I do live vicariously thru these posts/pictures and love to take peaks into
that mini~world!!! cool thumbup

#167108 March 1st, 2007 at 10:14 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
So would you like to see more photos? lol I have plenty,I will gladly post if you would like....

I would love to take photos of it "outside" sometime, but I would need to do alot of convincing with the hubby....lol...he would think (know) I was crazy. I think that would be very cool and to maybe find some small plants and have it sit in a flowerbed....temporarily that would be a photo session.....lol
What a dream laugh shocked laugh
I could build a patio and have that be the foundation...lol and the flowers be the landscape...I could dream of ideas all day..... wavey
Kratz7

#167109 March 1st, 2007 at 10:37 PM
Yes put them on here .......I really enjoy listening to you.. I am learning too..

I think the whole house looks real and it is hard to separate fact from fiction. I think I have another girl intested ..plant Queen.

Have to send this forum to her , she cant find it .
Just put them on ..We care.

barb

#167110 March 1st, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Lol, I just don't want to bore people....That would be great if plantqueen would join us....lol
I think it's alot of fun.....

[Linked Image]
This is another bedroom.....

[Linked Image]

kratz7

#167111 March 2nd, 2007 at 02:21 PM
Is the nursery ever sweet and the little blankets folded inside...so cute.
I just love looking at these pictures thumbup thumbup

#167112 March 2nd, 2007 at 03:13 PM
Penny

Why dont you get a house and try.......
Come on I never did it ..We need a Ontario house too.

;o)

#167113 March 2nd, 2007 at 10:30 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
lol, thanks.... I just have alot of fun with it....This clothing tree was supposed to be used for mini easter eggs works perfectly in the nursery....watch for after holiday sales.... you can get alot for a little (money) lol

[Linked Image] I added a lace doily to the top of the crib....and then some scrapbooking bobbles..... [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and the clothes tree is supposed to be for easter (to hang tiny decorations on it)

kratz7

#167114 March 2nd, 2007 at 10:38 PM
cool..

b

#167115 March 2nd, 2007 at 10:51 PM
That is so precious, the tiny clothes and the crib.....thats somthing to think about Barb...maybe when i have a bit more time but its nice to look at this one and cant wait to see your's too thumbup

#167116 March 2nd, 2007 at 11:52 PM
Don't expect miracles........

lol...

b

#167117 March 3rd, 2007 at 12:10 AM
I'm sure it'll be very pretty Barb...have faith thumbup thumbup thumbup

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard