This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#167043 February 17th, 2007 at 12:46 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Everyone,

I figured since we had some "Snowy Weather" I would post a few photos of the dollhouse decorated with snowmen and snowflakes....enjoy,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Kratz7

[Linked Image]

I will be decorating for spring Soon....very soon.....

#167044 February 17th, 2007 at 12:50 PM
So Cute!! You always have things just Perfect! wavey

#167045 February 18th, 2007 at 02:16 AM
kratz

I cant see the photo.. Are my glasses badk/

;o) idea

#167046 February 18th, 2007 at 10:49 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Winter time fun......
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#167047 February 18th, 2007 at 02:48 PM
I can see them all now Kratz..
I think my computer was flakey last nite.

Thanks for the views.. Do you put each season in a plastic see thr bag?////

Very cute and homey...........Thanks for sharing.

barb

#167048 February 18th, 2007 at 05:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see them and I like them. I used to take colorful yarn and #10 cotton and make rugs for doll houses.

I never thought about having seasonal doll houses! What a cute hobby.

#167049 February 18th, 2007 at 05:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a picture of the little rugs.
[Linked Image]
I used to make them to practice patterns and stitches. I've never had a doll house though.

#167050 February 18th, 2007 at 06:21 PM
Jane

Make Kratz some >>>>>>>She entertains us each season..
I am looking to get one.. House..but didnt yet.

What stitch is the indian type of rug there?
I like that one .

barb luv

#167051 February 18th, 2007 at 07:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dodge, I will be very happy to send her these!
I have had them a long time and always wanted to share them!

If barb says Kratz is oool to share with - I am happy to share. Maybe I will get see them is a festive picture.

I have book I got from Warmart. It is supposed to make a blanket of squares with 60 or so different stitches. No two squares are alike. I learned most of what I know from it. And much from playing with the miniatures.

I have no clue which stitch any of these are now Duh

#167052 February 18th, 2007 at 07:43 PM
Kratz,,

Jane is going to send you some rugs.

Is that ok?

She will need your addy..

PS......i gave her a hint.

;o)

#167053 February 18th, 2007 at 08:00 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Ladies,

I Love taking photos of the dollhouse decorated and I love adding things that are Handmade....It adds sentimental value to my things.....I'm never sure if I should post photos as I don't want to bore people with my other hobby....lol
Thanks Dodge....for looking out for me.....

Gonetothebirds I would love to have the rugs....could I pay you for them or at least give you seed money....lol

I am always looking for anyone to make me things for the dollhouse. It is a 1" scale Victorian by Dura Craft....I would love to have table clothes and all that, but I don't know how to crochet......

I know how to decorate a dollhouse though....

This would be my dining room table... [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#167054 February 18th, 2007 at 08:03 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by GonetotheBirds:
I have a picture of the little rugs.
[Linked Image]
I used to make them to practice patterns and stitches. I've never had a doll house though.
I have the dollhouse you could work on mine....lol

How much would you be charging for the beautiful designer rugs..........

#167055 February 19th, 2007 at 02:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barb and Kratz,
I found them!!!

I was worried we were talking about rugs that I couldn't find.

Now, that they are in hand. Kratz, I don't sell things. (I just stay broke laugh laugh ) I will be happy to send share these with you. I made them in 1997-98. So, I don't think they'll be more.

It can't cost a buck to mail them.

I might play with the idea of making miniature doilies. That would take tiny cotton, almost thread, and I don't think I'm up for it. But, it's interesting.

What scale is right. Not too tiny. Think doily and table runner or coffee table and end table set -- what size?

Lynne is the one who is talented with tiny things. (at least her) I bet wrennie can too!

Kratz PM me and we'll get the address stuff rolling. -- Hey and you never know I might just need some seeds grinnnn

And don't forget to thank dodge. She PM'd, she's smart ... because I can't track thread for doodly lala lala

#167056 February 19th, 2007 at 01:59 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there ladies,

I would love to have a mini rug....I'll pm you with my snail mail address.......as soon as I figure out how to find you.... smile What type of seeds would you like in return?

I have also made a mini comforter for the green bedroom.....
[Linked Image]

The blue and white blanket was also hand made...I bought it a craft show.....I have a mini mind that never stops.......lol

Have you ever made mini blankets or throws (afghans)?

I even made the curtains from lace and thin dowel...with a bead at each end to hang it from the wall......

#167057 February 19th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Have you ever put any pulled apart cotton balls' or batting on the outside of the house, for like the look of snow??

Those are still very cool pic's of the inside.. cool thumbup

#167058 February 19th, 2007 at 04:08 PM
Kratz - I just love seeing pictures of your dollhouse - I especially enjoy seeing how your change it around for the seasons and holidays!!! Please keep posting pictures of anything and everything about it that you'd like to share!

Jane - you give me far too much credit!
I've just been making some of those small animals to try and keep my sanity this winter. Stuff is going on here, and I need an outlet. BUT... I could never ever do anything so tiny and intricate as a doily or rug for a dollhouse. My hands are not what they used to be - especially since I sprained my right thumb about 5 years ago - it still gives me much pain and cramping.

I think Merme is the one who does such beautiful teensy work - she has posted her crochet work here before you both joined us. Maybe one of the hostesses can bring that thread back up from the archives?

#167059 February 19th, 2007 at 05:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Lynne,
What a drag -- you sprained a thumb! That has to really be lousy. It's like I say they don't say "there's nothing worse than a sore thumb" for nothing!

I officially promise not to give you too much credit ever again thumbup )

#167060 February 20th, 2007 at 10:36 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
I will be decorating for spring very soon....I have been looking foe all types of scrapbooking stuff as this is the perfect size for the dollhouse....I love all of the tiny things you can buy or better yet make.... [Linked Image]

I would love to make all of my own minis.....but I would need lots of help.......

[Linked Image]

This little robe was to be used for scrapbooking but I think it works better in the dollhouse....besides it would make the pages huge....lol

[Linked Image] I just adore this snowman and company....

I sure wished someone else would get into building a dollhouse....I would like to build a 1/144th scale....that would be very detailed though

How about some tea time with Teddy? lol

Have a great day everyone......

P.S. Did you get my PM gonetothebirds

Kratz7

#167061 February 20th, 2007 at 12:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Charlotte,
I love your stuff. I can't afford another hobby I feed the backyard birds... I can spend and spend and spend.

I love bargains though! It is beyond cool to think you can wallpaper with scrapbook paper!

I implemented my daughter's custom (from hell) wedding invitations and all the paper came from the scrapbooking section (on sale I might add).

Big lots... Big lots... Big Lots -- they get in a lot of scrapbooking odds and ends now.. Not racks of paper, but the little goofy stuff. Borders... Wow, image the border you can do in your dollhouse for pennies now!

I am still having trouble imaging the size. In the first picture how big is the window, the lovely sofa and the bear? Or any of them?
Can someone tell me how to get to your PM list - I never tried to find them and now I find i can't Duh

It looks bigger than a regular doll house to me??

#167062 February 20th, 2007 at 01:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I found all my posts laugh laugh laugh

#167063 February 20th, 2007 at 05:40 PM
kratz,

I am going to try my hand at some smallies for you.
Just for the heck of it . If ever I get a house , I will know how..ha ha

Ok.free

#167064 February 20th, 2007 at 05:45 PM
It looks so cute and so real thumbup thumbup

#167065 February 22nd, 2007 at 11:25 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Goodmorning everyone,

Dodge I would love to see how your smallies turn out......I would also love to learn to do small doilies....

I'll need to do the cottonball idea for snow next year....I also found ribbon storage boxes that store my decorations in.......

I love the tiny things you can buy to decorate with....I even have tiny silverware..... [Linked Image] I would love to have doilies, or placemats on the dining room table

I actually had plexiglass doors biult for the house to keep out the dust...my tiny maid just retired and I haven't found a replacement yet.... so nobody has been doing tiny chores......lol [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Alot of the wallpaper I printed on cardstock from the internet......like the kitchen wallpaper

#167066 February 22nd, 2007 at 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Charlotte... laugh laugh My tiny maid quit too laugh laugh
Can I plexiglass my real house!

#167067 February 22nd, 2007 at 01:03 PM
Kratz

Give me an idea in inches for the crochet placemats..
I need to know how small.. ??
I am going to try.

barb

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard