This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#165642 February 20th, 2007 at 10:03 PM
OP Offline
Anyone change things in their homes or decorate for spring? I'm curious to hear what you do and why, and to maybe see some pics!

We picked up some great finds yesterday at a local thrift store to decorate our backyard patio when the snow is all gone!

I got a 3-tiered cake stand/fruit basket thing made from wrought-iron that I thought I could plant in like one of those wire hanging baskets; some mosaic candle holders that will be great for coasters, candles, or drip trays for little plants; a nice white basket that I plopped my peace-lily down in (pot and all) for the time being; a brand new, blue plastic window box; a birdcage that is made for a plant with removeable bottom... that is all I can remember right now! (I got all of that PLUS some other things for less than $25!)

AND we finally used one of our gift cards that was given to us (when we got married in October!!) at Sears to buy a 3 tiered fountain that was on sale.

I also have a big box of seashells that I got off of freecycle last year that I want to use somehow out there!

'Manda

#165643 February 21st, 2007 at 04:43 PM
Hi There Manda

I do some decor stuff for spring, I will look at my photbucket and find some last spring pics, I have more plans for this year...will post soon:-)
Sounds cool what you have:-)

#165644 February 21st, 2007 at 05:35 PM
Hi Manda....me too, i love to decorate and in about a month, I'll pull out my fake flowers for in my window box across the front of my house, i use fake as well as real and plant them to give it color for Easter, I am forever changing what i have and what i add to it.

#165645 February 22nd, 2007 at 09:19 PM
Hi there Manda..

I have a bunch of stuff I stick out for spring.. Re do the planters .. set the outside table up and have cute little candle holders for the top.. Dragon fly lites that go in my garden... My pond gets started up and cleaned ... My new willy's will find a nice cute home.. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
We really live outside all summer long! Can't wait to start getting it cleaned up and decorated once again cool

#165646 February 23rd, 2007 at 02:53 PM
They'll look so cute outside this summer Rita!!!
I cant wait to start!!!

#165647 February 23rd, 2007 at 10:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I change decor for all the seasons...I LOVE it! I'd be so bored if everything looked the same the whole year.

So all my decorations are kept in the basement, Mark lovingly refers to them as my junk. :p laugh

I'll look for some pics too!

#165648 February 23rd, 2007 at 10:33 PM
This time of year is why I chose my screen name laugh laugh laugh

#165649 February 23rd, 2007 at 10:44 PM
I rearrange my planters and clean up the garden, once the weather is nicer, the hummingbird feeders will go back out as well as some garden art.

#165650 February 27th, 2007 at 03:44 PM
Another couple of days and its March and that means we are closer to planting and the snow melting thumbup flw flw flw flw

#165651 March 3rd, 2007 at 09:46 PM
Nice pics Rita, I would spend a lot of time outside in your yard too, very comfy looking! We spend a lot of time outside here in spring too, especially at the lake, or in the yard messing around, & remodeling the 1974 popup camper. Hi 'Manda, I like to decorate too. I put out all my Easter stuff(figurines & what~nots) on the entertainment center, & I have a homemade styrofoam Easter egg wreath I hang on the front door, I have something for every season to hang on the door. Love wreaths, have a few homemade, & a few store bought.

#165652 March 5th, 2007 at 07:46 AM
S
S
i was just thinking of bringing out the flower vaces and washing em all, grinnnn thats my big decorating for spring laugh im big on fresh flowers in the home so i got all kinds of vaces for all kinds of flowers,

#165653 March 8th, 2007 at 03:31 PM
Its supposed to rain here all weekend and that means the snow will be melting....cant wait to get my flowers out to put in my window box and add a flat of pansys to it...looks so pretty!!!!

Think spring Everyone flw flw flw flw

#165654 March 8th, 2007 at 06:16 PM
I've been collecting clearance items all winter! Got some concrete urn/planters at Wal-mart for $10.00 each. Also got some garden decor items- a gnome, 2 frogs, some small angel stakes, and 2 bunnies. I am buying seeds and was thrilled to find some different cosmos than what I usually plant-Summer Dreams and Picotee. I will need a new bird bath as the one have broke. It was metal and just rusted through.

#165655 March 8th, 2007 at 06:30 PM
What a great start you have....clearance is always good!!!

#165656 March 15th, 2007 at 05:44 PM
Well now that i can see my grass and things are starting to bloom...just might have to get the flowers out in the next few days to spruce up my front window box.....spring really is coming and the snow is melting!!!!!!!!

#165657 March 15th, 2007 at 07:26 PM
OP Offline
I've got some pansies started in the basement that can go out in a couple weeks I hope. I started a sweet potato vine too in the kitchen in some water that we might use in the front to fill in some gaps til things start to really come up.
We're expecting some rain/snow mix this weekend- I hope it will be the last!!

#165658 March 16th, 2007 at 12:48 AM
I decorate for spring but indoors. I start by taking out my lilac and pastel Yellow streamers and entertwine them. Then I take out my dark Purple streamers and my bright Yellow and entertwine the two of those colors as well. I suspend them from my living room ceiling and connect them in the middle to my candleabra. Then I start bringing out the rest of my Easter Decorations. As far as outside goes, I just hang my spring wreath in the doorway and some simple window clings of Bunnies, etc.. This is mainly for my two childrens benfit. I do however love spring because it signifies growth and rebirth to me. And after a long ardious winter it's quite a relief. As far as lawn decor goes my husband and I both agree, not in this part of the city anymore. To much theft and vandalism from destructive teenagers with nothing better to do with their time. The back yard does however get a clean-up and the usual preparing for the flowers and the garden. But I always seem to have to pick up a lot of the neighbours **** from their cat's and dog's. That's lots of fun!!! And trust me there's some out there because I checked my hollyberry shrub out there, and guess what I saw all over the back yard and in my driveway???? Not impressive.

Link Copied to Clipboard