This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#165164 March 15th, 2007 at 05:19 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
I was just going to add onto the thread that I started a little while back, but I can't find it, so I just started another thread. laugh

Most of you know that we had to postpone our move to Alaska because we found out I'm pregnant in January. Well, we finally got everything straightened out with the insurance and yesterday we went for our first official appt. Well, needless to say, I was a nervous wreck because this pregnancy has not been at all like any of the others (which might be a good thing). I don't feel the baby move nearly as much as I did with the others and I didn't get yucky sick like before either. So, yesterday they found the heartbeat on the first try (which is rare when it comes to me). She literally put the doppler on my belly and there it was.

We made an appt. with the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctors for tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about that because I'm afraid that they are going to tell me that I'm going to need the cerclage procedure done again this time and I just am not comfortable with that....after all, we think that having that done last time is what started me on that bumpy road in the first place. I assume that they will do an ultrasound to check cervical length just to make sure everything is going OK.

So, that is the update as of today. I know I haven't talked about it lately....I'm just not at that excited point yet...although I DID make a new neat-o ticker. laugh

#165165 March 15th, 2007 at 05:23 PM
Oh what wonderful news Jenn....and to hear that little heart beat...nothing like it thumbup
I have been wondering how you were feeling but didnt want to pry and ask...so i was really happy to see that you had posted thumbup
Continued prayers for you and baby thumbup

#165166 March 15th, 2007 at 05:26 PM
Congrats to you too!!

If they want to do a procedure that you aren't comfortable with, you don't have to consent. And it is ALWAYS good to get a second opinion. Also, the internet and libraries have GREAT reading on that stuff.

I can PM you some links if you like. I belong to a doula and midwife group that often has access to information about more "alternative" and less invasive procedures. (I'm hoping to become an IBCLC someday myself.)

Good Luck! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!
'Manda

#165167 March 15th, 2007 at 05:38 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
There is not much information on what they will want to do to me. ....and I know that I do not have to have the procedure if I don't want to. At this point, I will not have it done unless they show me funneling on an ultrasound. I saw a perinatologist at Hospital of University of PA at the end of January and he was VERY good. He is one of the top 5 doctors in the country who deals with this particular problem and he does not think that I have what my other doctors were treating me for. Unfortunately, it is very hard to diagnose it and alot of times the diagnosis is a 'catch-all' if you loose enough pregnancies a certain way. So, we'll just wait and see what the doctors at Geisinger have to say tomorrow. They are supposed to have very good MFM's and a good NICU....just in case.

Penny, you could have asked. I wouldn't have minded. I'm just not really at the point where I will just come right out and say anything. ...but I don't mind being asked. We have decided to try not to really think about too much until I hit the 25 week point. I'm pretty sure that is when the NICU would take the baby.....but that is a question we are asking the MFM doctor tomorrow. I'm not sure if it is different for Geisinger than the other hospital that I was at last time.

#165168 March 15th, 2007 at 05:45 PM
Thanks Jenn....now that i know, i will ask, but i just didnt want to before...again i am so happy for you and will be thinking about you both thumbup

#165169 March 15th, 2007 at 06:29 PM
So glad you posted and let us know! I don't blame you for not wanting the cerclage, especially knowing what you do now. kissies I hope all goes well tomorrow and you have more good news for us, and you!! clp

#165170 March 15th, 2007 at 06:34 PM
I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow Jenn! Will keep you, Stephen and the wee one in my thoughts and prayers! angell

#165171 March 15th, 2007 at 06:36 PM
Praying for you & Stephen & the wee~one, can't wait to hear how it goes!

#165172 March 16th, 2007 at 01:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbup sounds like it is going well.

#165173 March 16th, 2007 at 01:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm glad you got some good news!! and a good strong heartbeat definitely is that!!

did you get pics before you left??

hope tomorrow brings just as positive results as today did!!!

#165174 March 16th, 2007 at 04:21 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Nope, no pictures because they just used the doppler to find the heartbeat...they didn't to an ultrasound. We've had three done already tho...all very early on.

We may end up cancelling our appt. with the MFM doctor tomorrow. We are supposed to get some pretty bad weather and don't want to drive an hour away in it. So, I may have to reschedule for sometime next week.

#165175 March 16th, 2007 at 10:34 AM
M
MLN Offline
M
Lot's of prayers for you and your family here Jenn. I almost lost my daughter, miscarried the next, and almost lost my son. Everything worked out well. My "kids" are now happy healthy 34 and almost 31 year olds and I have two wonderful grandkids. Have faith in God and He will get you through this.

#165176 March 16th, 2007 at 11:27 AM
You are still in my prayers, Jenn...

#165177 March 16th, 2007 at 12:37 PM
hi jenn i am praying for and ur baby and family

#165178 March 16th, 2007 at 01:10 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Woke up this morning to snow already on the ground (wasn't supposed to start until 10!), so we rescheduled the MFM appt. for Tuesday afternoon. In the meantime, I'm going back to bed! smile

#165179 March 16th, 2007 at 01:13 PM
Thanks Jenn....good idea to reschedule thumbup

#165180 March 16th, 2007 at 04:19 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah, well, considering the snow is coming down enough that it looks foggy, I don't think we're going anywhere today......except for my MIL...she's leaving today for a quilt retreat! laugh

#165181 March 16th, 2007 at 06:03 PM
Well wishes are always with you,Jenn!!I know this has all been very hard for you and Stephen!

you know,when I was pregnant with my daughter,I was sick some,but not at all with my son. smile

not to get any hopes up tho...we are all different kissies

#165182 March 16th, 2007 at 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jenn, i'm glad you changed the appt!!! center city isn't really all that bad...ALL the roads everywhere else are tho!

i went in to work late and left early...it's NASTY out there!!

and yes! the storm did arrive earlier than expected. let's hope it moves out as quickly too!!

#165183 March 16th, 2007 at 09:45 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't think the storm is moving at all!!! I keep watching it on the map and the blue blob over us just sits still! We have 7" already and are supposed to get 1-3" every hour starting at 8 tonight!!!

#165184 March 16th, 2007 at 09:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, just got done watching the news...it'll be doing something until at least midnight tonight...

we're still getting sleet; supposed to get snow at some point later on. we've only got about 4 inches or so at this point...

you guys are REALLY going to have to 'dig out' tomorrow!! at least the puppies will have some fun running around and playing in the snow!!! take some pics grinnnn

#165185 March 17th, 2007 at 02:12 AM
Jenn, happy to read the update and see that everything is going well with you and the baby. Loads of snow you are getting, I am glad you stayed in!

#165186 March 20th, 2007 at 03:56 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Today is the rescheduled appt. with the MFM doctor. The appt. is at 3 and I'm a little nervous. Everything feels OK, but everything felt OK last time and it wasn't. I just don't want to live in a hospital for a month again. frown

#165187 March 20th, 2007 at 05:17 PM
Praying for you Jenn. I hope everything goes well today!

#165188 March 21st, 2007 at 12:53 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok.....
for the most part, everything is OK. The MFM doctor did some ultrasounds and there is a blood clot sitting in the inside opening (uterus side) of the cervix. The doctor says I'm having some internal type of bleeding because my cervix is trying to dilate early again....BUT I don't have the weak cervix. He says it is a classic sign of low progesterone, so I have to have progesterone supplements once a week to try to fix it. I'm supposed to go onto bedrest again also....which I will follow for the most part. The baby looked good. Is measuring a little large for 17 weeks, but that is OK. It is pretty much bent in half at the waist....which is why I really haven't been feeling it move as much as the last 2, which weren't folded in half. laugh

Well, we literally just got home (these appt. days are soooooo long) and I'm soooooo tired. I'm gonna go lay on the couch for a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard