This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
This is George

[Linked Image]

And this is Chloe

[Linked Image]

OP Offline
And here is Chloe wrapped around my ankle

[Linked Image]

I am the snake lady!!

[Linked Image]

Very cool snakelady!

Ok, I am NOT a snake person, but those sure are pretty looking. Patrick says "COOL" and I told him NO, he cannot get one!!!

Nice to meet you there Cher.

OP Offline
Thank you! Normally I NEVER post pics of myself, but this one wasn't so bad and even though I can't have cats or dogs, I still wanted to share my little critters.

Critters do not have to be cats or dogs. I do not have any of the above either.

Nice babies, Cher!! Summer wants a snake, but is afraid of them nutz laugh When she is older- sure thing! Very cool!!

Nice to see ya cher...ALL animals are great:-)
But I am freaked out by snakes sca do they bite?

Nice pictures....i am not a snake person either but i dont mind looking at pictures thumbup thumbup

Wow, they look big in that first picture. Then on your neck in perspective, they are small. How big will they get. My friend who had pythons must not have had ball pythons.( laugh I almost said must not have had balls!) His were at least 5 or 6 feet!
Chloe camera shy? Or off to find a heater vent?
Are those CHRISTMAS socks!? It looks like a idea willy to me, could be an elf.....

OP Offline
No they don't bite and the biggest they could ever get is 3-5 feet. The wonderful thing about these snakes is that they will not grow beyond the limits of their cage so unless I get them a bigger cage that's about as big as their gonna get. They may get a bit bigger around but that's all. While we had them out I measured them and George is 2 feet 1 inch and Chloe is 2 feet 2 inches. And I think Chloe is a bit camera shy, I've only had her for about a year. George is more used to being picked at and have pics taken of him, I've had him for 4 years now. And yes Wrennie, those are christmas socks. I don't like wearing plain socks and I'm a little anxious for the christmas spirit.

They are beautiful looking snakes, but like i said...only in a picture for me, i guess my fear comes from being bit when i was a kid, and now avoid them at all cost's.

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
My friend had boa constrictors once and I was surprised at how affectionate they could be. They would coil around my arm or coil up behind me between my back and the sofa back in order to steal all my warms. I REALLY liked them. I am NOT bothered by snakes at all (wasps are another thing all together, though. I have a phobia of them).

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Nice looking snakes!

One of my most favorite pets I ever had was a snake.
We never had exotic snakes...we had garter snakes and hog-nose snakes. We just caught them and decided we would make pets out of them. Our garter snake "Eat More Possum" (my brother named him) lived for a long time. We never put them in a cage...they had free range of the house, and would sometimes go outside, then come back in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty snakes...but how do you tell them apart?

OP Offline
George is quite a bit smaller and Chloe color's are a little bit more gold base where George has more white and contrast. I've had them for a while and they look very different to me.

Nice snakes you have Cher. but I am not a snake person myself, thanks for sharing your pictures with us!

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
We go to the local pet store, and there is a huge one in there..
and somedays I think yes, and most days I say NO..
*I think for me, the biggest thing is I couldn't feed it live mice/crickets...
If they ate just grass or veggies or pellets, I might very well consider it.. but the live animals are ultimately why the answer ends up to be no..*

What do you feed yours??

And they are very gorgeous snakes, for snakes... wink wink wavey

That would be my same thought weezie about the animal feeding, I know it is the way of nature, I just could not do it..

I think that your pets are great to have you! any animal loved is awesome thumbup

Glad they do not bite...:-) Do you let them wander in the house? sorry curious?

Cool snakes Chermoni. What beautiful markings.

oh I love your snakes chermoni,they are beautiful! & nice to see you! I am a snake person, any kind of lizard will do, too. Just no spiders! I have had a lot of snakes,2 balls, 2 burmese, but my fave was a boa,all when I lived in NC, but can't find them around here too often.I don't like rattlesnakes or cottonmouths, or any poisonous other ones, but balls are the best around , very tame.

OP Offline
No Chenno, they don't wander around the house. If I let them do that I'd never find them. laugh They stay in their cage unless they are supervised by one of us.

Thank you Nettie and ksgardnr, good to meet another reptile person. grinnnn

OP Offline
Oh yeah, to answer the question about feeding. I'm not comfortable listening to an animal being killed so I buy the mice frozen. That way they are already dead and I don't feel too bad for the mice.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by chermoni:
so I buy the mice frozen.
I nevvvvvvvvvver knew they sold it that way..
That would be a wayyyyyy better process...
Where do you get it... local store or online?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard