This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#16423 April 24th, 2004 at 01:55 AM
Chrissy Offline OP
OP Offline
LOL...now if I did that I wouldn't have to worry about the kitties...my son would be out there fishing my pond clean laugh

#16424 April 27th, 2004 at 06:10 AM
O
O
Chrissy, how's the war with the cat's going?

#16425 April 27th, 2004 at 06:37 AM
Chrissy Offline OP
OP Offline
I haven't had a late night fishing spree yet:) They must really hate the orange peels because I ran out of tonic & decided to not make any more since we are in our rainy season & I was having to reapply it too often. But the citrus seems to actually be working. The cats are still walking along the wall at the back of my home all day & night, but none have gone fishing that I am aware of. It may also help that I added a nice little snapping turtle to my pond...he leaves the fish alone because I feed him well, he takes care of eating bugs too...and I am guessing there isn't a cat in town that would like a run in with his little beak. He is only about 5 inches long, but I am sure he could give a good bite if need be:)

#16426 April 27th, 2004 at 05:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbup great idea on the turtle!!

#16427 April 28th, 2004 at 02:23 AM
B
B
ROFL!!!! You are all sooo funny! I love Angelia (sp?) post...I can just imagine the scene!

Chrissy...i have a shih tzu too. We just love him. What's your doggies name? What color is he?

#16428 April 28th, 2004 at 02:49 AM
Chrissy Offline OP
OP Offline
My baby just turned a year old. Her name is Daisy & she is a brindle. White & light carmal color with a small amount of black markings. My mom keeps telling me to let her hair start growing out, but I have decided to keep her in the puppy cut...much easier to care for & since I don't ever want to show her or anything, and since she loves to help me in the garden & is covered in mud daily lol...puppy cut it is:) Here's a pic of my sweetie:
[Linked Image]

#16429 April 28th, 2004 at 03:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what a cutie!

#16430 April 28th, 2004 at 03:42 AM
Chrissy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Jiffymouse:)

#16431 April 28th, 2004 at 03:24 PM
B
B
Chrissy,

She looks like my doggie's twin!

My doggie boy did have a long coat until recently.....it started to get out of hand tangle-wise despite my best efforts, plus we were overrun by ticks last year, so we had to shave him down.

frown frown frown After shaving him, it was like his mo-jo was gone, if you know what i mean. He seems ashamed of his shaved status....he stopped prancing for two weeks! And you know how these doggies love to strut their stuff!

Shamelessly adoring of shiz tzus,
Barb H.

#16432 April 28th, 2004 at 05:11 PM
Chrissy Offline OP
OP Offline
Barb: Shih-tzu's are so adorable. Your baby boy is the same color too huh? How cool! This is my first one...I have always had big dogs in the past. German Sheppards & Pitt/Boxer mixes. Well being that we moved into a new home with a rather small yard I decided to go for a smaller breed. I am so thrilled with my new baby. They have the greatest personality of any dog I have ever owned. Very bright too, so easy to train. Since mine has never had her coat grown out, she knows no different, so she struts her stuff all the time:) They do like to show off don't they! My Daisy thinks she is this HUGE watch dog...she goes nuts whenever someone comes to our door, it is so funny. But she is scared to death of bugs. She will cower & hide especially if she sees one of those roly poly bugs on the ground. laugh

#16433 May 1st, 2004 at 06:39 PM
D
D
I have an indoor/outdoor cat. So I am looking at all this from both perspectives. Your neighbors are jerks, plain and simple. I am so sorry for that. I have a nasty neighbor myself.

As I said my kitty is both indoors and outdoors. He's a 15 year old Maine Coon and it would be cruel for me to try and keep him confined 24/7. Besides, he keeps the neighborhood pest free. As a matter of fact, when I first moved in there was a huge rat & mouse problem on my block. Now, 4 years later, there isn't one to be found.

Anyway, the guy next door doen't like animals of any kind. He doesn't like me walking my dog on his sidewalk even (and yes, I do clean up after my dog). So when he came to me and complained that my cat was walking across his yard, I took action. I went online and purchased one of those pest away sound wave emitters. I gave it to him with a pack of batteries from Costco and we have never had a problem since. It wasn't expensive at all. Maybe $30 or so. I highly reccomend them, as my cat won't go near their house now.

The water guns do sound like a hoot, though! May I suggest you spraying the neighbor instead of the cats? Heh heh.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard