This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#163806 February 16th, 2007 at 07:47 PM
N
NuSkewl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi-there wavey online gardening gang!! I've been gone for what seems like *AGES*. It's probably been about 1.5-2 yrs.

Since I've been gone, I've had another baby boy & have moved to Columbus, OH (from Cleveland, OH). Since moving (July 2005), I've done a big fat NOTHING in my new garden here in Columbus. I did help a friend in her veggie garden last summer, but the new baby boy needed me more, so I wasn't in the dirt as often as I would have liked. I'll be helpin' out again this year too!

I'm looking very forward to being out in *my garden* this spring & already made some new gardening friends. I've been invited to a perinneal (sp) swap this spring & can't wait!! You can take home as many plants you bring (maybe a few more). These gardeners make a day out of it & everyone brings a dish to share. They do it @ a park, so there's plenty of parking & space for the swap.

My husband said he wants to help in the garden this year. That'll be great, if he makes it away from the computer long enough *grin*. My neighbor has said she'd love to help in our garden, so I'll have 6 hands to turn dirt, pull weeds, trim bushes!! YaY team work!!

Now I just have to find a rototiller to borrow. It's just about all CLAY here in our back yard. I'll need to find a good source of aged manure/compost as well as soil to add to the clay to make the ground worth growing in. I'm also planning on planting plants that tolerate the clay (please feel free to mention any you might know of).

Glad to be back!! clp

#163807 February 17th, 2007 at 12:47 AM
wavey Good to have you back Tho we've not met I'm glad your back !! IT's good to see those who got busy with life ( thumbup grinnnn

#163808 February 17th, 2007 at 04:58 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hey.....I remember you! wavey

Welcome back!
...and congratulations! thumbup

#163809 February 17th, 2007 at 06:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats on the new baby and the move! thumbup So glad you found your way back to us. thumbup

N
NuSkewl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks gang! Our 2 boys are keepin' me on my toes, that's for sure. & it's nice to be remembered muggs

Hi there,

Congratulations and Welcome Back~~~!

Babies and little kids look great in dirt!

Give the little one his own patch and tools, it should help you free up your time for gardening and foster some useful skills with the little one. wink

Welcome back!

flw flw Rebecca flw flw

Link Copied to Clipboard