This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#162470 January 1st, 2007 at 11:20 AM
OP Offline
Hello all, haven't been here in so long!!! Nice to see some familiar names and to see how the site has grown! Will be checking in more often, I promise. Happy New Year to all!!!

#162471 January 1st, 2007 at 01:13 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
GLENDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???????????

We've been tryin' to get ahold of you..
Me and HDSporty/Amy!!!
She's been here a couple of times lookin'for you!!!

What is new???
Fill us in...
It's been so long...

#162472 January 2nd, 2007 at 07:01 AM
OP Offline
Hi Weezie!
My life has been hectic...all in a good way, but I just don't find the time to get online much...the only internet connection we've had at home the last year or two has been at my daughter's computer in her room...but I've remedied that now...set up a wireless connection for me to use. Since I was last here, I switched jobs and am now a city clerk for a small town near me. I truly enjoy it, but it takes up so much of my time. My soon to be five year old grandson takes up most of the rest of it. He is the light of my life!
I've really missed being here and really do promise to check in more often. I learned so much here from everyone and in the summertime gardening is my passion!!!!! I met so many great people here and can't wait to get reaquainted!!! Will check back soon! I have much to learn/relearn about this wonderful site and the people who "reside" here!
Luv Ya!

#162473 January 2nd, 2007 at 08:40 AM
Helloo Glenda! How are you!!
Aren't grandchildren the absolute best! I have 6 now and love every minute I have with them!!

Did your Brugmansia starts take off and bloom for you??
I have just recently been introduced to them and I have 9 cuttings rooting inside right now prepping for spring planting!!!

I look forward to seeing your post and getting to know you thumbup

Diane

#162474 January 3rd, 2007 at 01:32 PM
OP Offline
Hello Diane,
My brugs have done wonderful things. I now have twelve potted ones that I drag in and out of my basement every year. This past summer, my five largest ones grew to about 9 feet and bloomed their hearts out. We got a pretty early hard frost and I knew it was coming so I cut them all back, dug them and repotted them and put them in the basement. It was hard to cut off all the blooms and buds that they were still loaded with, but I've had them long enough now that I know they'll come back just as beautiful as last year. I have TONS of cuttings rooting in the basement this year. I just love these things! So will this be your first year growing them then? What ones do you have?

You're right about grandkids, they are the best! I wish I had a dozen or so more! Josh is my constant companion and I am his best buddy. He has a duplicate (miniature) of every garden tool I own and he loves to help me with gardening and outdoor "chores". We're both looking forward to spring! Although we do like to get out in this snow and play too!

Take care and I'll see you in the forum somewhere! flw

Glenda

#162475 January 4th, 2007 at 07:13 AM
Glenda My grandsons helps me out ALOT in the garden including composting!! Coolllllllll!!!

The brugs I have are
unpink 4
snowcone 1
Charles Grimaldi 1
pink beauty 1
adora 1
pale yellow 1

Now I'm just waiting untill spring ...,, Come ONNNNNNN spring!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya' around!! thumbup

#162476 January 7th, 2007 at 06:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
glenda! you were on my list to contact!!! so glad to see you back.

#162477 January 8th, 2007 at 12:07 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Glenda,
Did you ever catch up with Amy/HDSporty?

Link Copied to Clipboard