This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#162068 March 14th, 2007 at 07:12 AM
OP Offline
I'm on spring Break this week and I couldn't find the Dial-Up Deli Duh to share what I'm doing with my time off, so I started this topic.

It was a beautiful day and got up to 81 degrees so it was great working outside. wink This morning I was busy raking up some more gumballs and a lot of sticks that are still coming down as a result of our ice storm this winter. As I was checking on my garden beds and walking around the yard I noticed some of my bulb plants coming up in places other than where they were originally planted, frown so I had to move a lot of those. Apparently, the squirrels like to dig them up and do their own landscape planting. :rolleyes:

After lunch, my friend showed up with her truck so we picked up a load of topsoil with manure and then went back and got another full load. Oh geesh, that was quite a mountain of dirt when it's in your yard eek , so I spent the rest of the afternoon getting it all spread out and ready to be planted.

I put in a good days work and my body's kinda mad at me, mad but I'm making good use of my limited time off, so I feel great about that! Unfortunately, they are predicting some snow for this week-end frown so I needed to get as much done as I could while the weather was cooperating. wink

I hope anyone who's having nice weather is able to get some things accomplished in their gardens. spring is just around the corner and it's going to be a wonderful sight when everything is up and blooming. This is such an exciting time of the year!!!

#162069 March 14th, 2007 at 12:27 PM
yes, spring is around the corner, it reached 10*C yesterday but its gonna drop by saturday. I'm on spring break too, one full week away from teacher and school work (I'm still not done my homework, but I've started!) my break ends this week, back to school next monday.

#162070 March 14th, 2007 at 01:00 PM
My kids are on spring break this week.....doing lots of snowboarding, and hanging out with friends....enjoy your time off Patti!!!

#162071 March 14th, 2007 at 02:32 PM
M
MLN Offline
M
Got my grandkids (7 and 11) for the first half of their spring break so we're enjoying working in the yard together. They put in their sunflowers they had potted up in peat pots and are all excited--can't wait for them to put on their flowers. Hope to have them back in the next week or two so they can plant "their veggie gardens."

#162072 March 16th, 2007 at 06:09 AM
OP Offline
Geesh, it sounds like everyone is off for spring Break, but around here we're the only school off at this time. Duh This seems a little early for us this year, but I guess it's because we started the semester so early. :rolleyes:

I don't go back to school until Monday, but it looks like my gardening activities are being curtailed for the rest of the week. ters It has really gotten a lot cooler here. frown It's 41 degrees right now and going to drop somewhat lower later tonight. We got some heavy rains last night so my yard is pretty saturated. eek I got the front lawn seeded yesterday so I'm hoping all the seed didn't wash away. They say it will be warming up again on Monday, just my luck! frown At least, I'm getting some things done in the house. laugh laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard