This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#161525 December 30th, 2005 at 04:05 AM
R
Robbie Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi, my name is Robbie (female). I am from Alabama and have been gardening for about 5 years now. I started veggie gardening and went to doing flowers. I have arthritis in my back so i cant handle being bent over for too long so i went to doing the flowers. I have one perennial garden. I enjoy that one the most. I have canna lillies that i use as a hedge fence like place to separate my yard from some of my gardening areas. I am always working on it so it is always changing.
I am involved with basset hound rescue as a foster mom and help with transports and other areas of basset issues.
I work as an animal control officer and really enjoy my job.
We have 5 dogs of our own, 4 cats, and 2 horses. Four of the dogs are basset hounds, one mixed rottweiler. The horses are one appaloosa mare and one walking horse gelding.
I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

#161526 December 30th, 2005 at 04:58 AM
Hi Robbie wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
[Linked Image]

#161527 December 30th, 2005 at 09:41 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi, Robbie! wavey
Welcome to the forum!

I was an animal control officer for many years...a lot of sad stories there. grinnnn

Nice to meet you!

Cindy

#161528 December 30th, 2005 at 09:43 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
HI Robbie...welcome. Go ahead and check in at flowers and plants area, bet you will get and be a huge help there.

We have lots of animal lovers here, bet you will hear from a lot of them.

#161529 December 30th, 2005 at 09:43 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi glad you joined us. I'm a new gardener just started this year. And I am loving it. Everyone here is really nice.

#161530 December 30th, 2005 at 10:37 AM
R
Robbie Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks everyone.
As to my job of animal control officer, i work for a wealthy city and fortunately dont see the things in this city that alot of folks see in my position. The ones i do see, i throw the book at them!
Back when i worked for the humane society, i saw some horendous stuff tho. It is terrible what folks will live in and keep animals in too. yuck!
I think i see more doing the basset rescue work now than i do as animal control officer.
Oh well, enough of that.
I will check the flowers part of the site for sure.
I dont have any pictures of the cannas right now. I will get some in the spring tho again. I may have some on cd tho. I will check and if so, i will load them and share. Some of the cannas i have are the black leaved kind and they have some very nice red flowers on them. I only have a few of those tho. I cant wait for them to multiply.
I hope i have responded to everyone here. If not, remind me. I have no memory anymore. LOL

#161531 December 30th, 2005 at 10:47 AM
And another hello. i love cannas as well. I live in southern California and enjoy year round gardenig as well. no lifting and stoing for winter here. Glad to meet you.
~Tina

#161532 December 30th, 2005 at 11:49 AM
Hi there Robbie, Sound like you will fit right in with the rest of us. Welcoem to the forum. Looking forward to pics of the plants and the puppies.

#161533 December 30th, 2005 at 12:14 PM
R
Robbie Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I havent had to dig up anything since i began gardening here in Alabama. I even have amaryllis in the ground for several years now. They bloom to beat the band too.
Triss, check out the critter page. I posted some pics there of the furkids in my life.

#161534 December 30th, 2005 at 12:45 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
robbie Welcome to the forum from Texas. I do a little animal rescue too. I work with forgetmenot pets. If you have been to Critter corner you probably saw some of my babies. Welcome and hope you enjoy it here. I too have arthritis in my spine due to injuries and surgeries so I know about the back pain.
Jimmy

#161535 December 30th, 2005 at 11:26 PM
wavey HI robbie Welcome to the Gardners fourm we have a lot of real nice folks in here and we all love flowers and anamials.I to am from Alabama just north of gadsden.my brother use to work for the city as a anamial control officer he really liked the job.I also use to work for the city as the campground manager at noccalula falls i started with the city at the falls and worked in the green house and all the gardens there at the falls.its always nice to see another person from Alabama join the fourm.
Again welcome your friend in gardening.Mike57 wavey flw flw

#161536 January 2nd, 2006 at 08:43 AM
Welcome to Garden Helpers . . . you've never had to dig up anything, eh? Then you must know what you're doing - good stuff.

Carly :-0

#161537 January 2nd, 2006 at 06:27 PM
Robbie, I am so happy to see you here! I'm sure you will enjoy reading the forums and adding your knowledge and expertise to our advantage. I will have to come back more often that I've been able to lately just to keep up with you! Hope you enjoy this site as much as I have!
Barb :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard