This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#161442 February 6th, 2007 at 09:39 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone ~

Maxi's parakeets, Buttons & Ties, finally have a new, far larger home! We've been hoping to get them a bigger cage for the longest time, and recently, we did!

Their cage is now 20w x 20h x 15d and has twice as many perches and food/water dishes inside. The cage is on its own stand so the overall height is 40 inches. We have it between my desk and the sliders so they get all the sunshine they so love.

These little birds were purchased years ago from a pet shop and they do NOT like to be handled. They enjoy it when one of us gets near the cage and speaks, sings or whistles for them and they will get all cheerful and chat right back, but they tend to panic when we have to put our hands in the cage to feed them or whathaveyou.

So, catching them to make the transfer to the new home was rather an ordeal for the little ones. My pal Angel did a good job of it although Buttons bit the dixens out of her hand. But he is a small bird compared to an adult woman, and I'm sure he was in a bit of a panic to be cupped carefully within her two hands. So he latched on tight!

Once we got them in the new cage, they sat together side by side on the perch softly chattering to each other. I told Angel they were probably saying "I'm okay are you okay can you believe what just happened to us?" I could hear it in their voices. So Angel gently stroked Ties chest because she seemed the most upset, and then I covered the cage to quiet and soothe them.

After an hour or so they started exploring. And now they seem to love their new home!

At some point, I hope to get photos to show y'all.

Merme

#161443 February 7th, 2007 at 03:36 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, I hope you can get some photos, Merme!

I'm sure they will be much happier in their new home, and it won't take them long to get settled in.

Do you have a swing in the cage?
My little budgie LOVED his swing!

#161444 February 7th, 2007 at 03:45 AM
The cage sounds great Merme. Looking very forward to seeing it. I am sure they are simply going to love their new home!

#161445 February 7th, 2007 at 05:07 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
THAT'S what we'll have to get, Afgrey, SWINGS!!

I know Buttons and Ties will love swings. Oh, Maxi will be so pleased when I tell him.

Thanks, you guys.

Merme

#161446 February 7th, 2007 at 05:12 AM
Speaking of photos, I am guessing you have not been able to get Maxi's camera all set up and working?

#161447 February 7th, 2007 at 08:47 PM
I would love to see some pictures if you have them or can get them??

#161448 February 7th, 2007 at 11:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I too would love to see pics, I bet Maxi is thrilled with the new setup! thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard