This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16104 January 6th, 2004 at 05:24 PM
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
I like the effects that plants that "hang" gives on top of mantels, cabinets, etc. wink Please give me names of a few more. I already have a Heart Leaf Philodendron and I know they look good as hanging or climbing. Also, what type of wood is/should be used in pots to support the plants?

#16105 January 6th, 2004 at 06:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey syl, a pothos, a spider w/babies, a baby tears, a rosary plant, a string of pearls, a prayer plant, wandering jew (green or purple), a cattail cactus, oh gosh, there are bunches and bunches... it really depends on the amount of light, any heat or cold drafts, etc... to find the best plant. but there are lots of good options. I would post a good description of the place you want to put one and the look you are going for (trailing with a bushy top, trailing with a low top, a "spilling over" effet, etc). the someone will know just the perfect plant for you.

#16106 January 7th, 2004 at 03:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the wood supports you referred to are the posts that are sometimes inserted in pots for plants to climb on. They are called totems.

Wood totems tend to rot and weaken where they are in constant contact with damp soil. More and more growers are now using metal wire frames instead.

Link Copied to Clipboard