This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16071 December 8th, 2004 at 04:14 AM
M
MacD Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello,
My roommate recently brought home a pathos vine plant that his mom gave him. It is a very large plant with about a 30 ft long vine. We strung the vine around edges of the ceiling in a south facing room. The room is fairly well lit with one large south facing window. The plant looked okay but now some leaves are turning yellow and some undersides on the stems are turning black. Anyone have suggestions? I cant find any info on the web, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

#16072 December 8th, 2004 at 02:47 PM
could just be the shock from moving it, it sounds like it's a pretty good size plant.

and could be too warm for it next to the ceiling, you know because hot air rises.

Just guessing

#16073 December 8th, 2004 at 06:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you watering it too frequently?

#16074 December 8th, 2004 at 11:59 PM
Hi there,
I have a couple of different pothos around the house and office, they are such easy going pretty plants. I'm going to second Suzydaze's idea that it could just be in shock. But here is a tip sheet you might want to check out... pothos tip sheet

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. thumbup

#16075 December 11th, 2004 at 04:34 AM
I trim mine every winter..well summer augish.seems it gets too leggy for me.When moved mine indoors(of course not where I wanted it) it did get some yellowishness on backside and dropped a few.I have some of the cuttings off it from august(what didn't trade off)and those are on screened porch.one in a pot growing up bamboo piece and the other in hanging basket.I may not have shock issues cause of superthrive.its that B1 it does wonderes for plants.whenever I transplant or something looks shabby I water in a dose.My walmart use to carry superthrive.Now I have to shop it online.
as to the black.I've not known of pothos to do that.MIL would know better.Thats her #1 plant to have& grow.may set your water out overnight may have a higher chlorine content.

#16076 December 14th, 2004 at 10:52 PM
B
B
trimming is a good suggestion.

#16077 December 20th, 2004 at 06:34 AM
B
B
The pothos is native to the amazon region, if I remember correctly. It loves humidity and plenty of water, but it is a pretty versitile plant overall.

Link Copied to Clipboard