This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#160697 January 16th, 2007 at 11:08 AM
OP Offline
I noticed the countdown to spring!!

No need to wait for gardening though. Two days ago, I officially posted on the internet that Gardening Season is officially open.

Maybe because it's been a rugged winter in the Pacific NW and politics has been heavy.

The Yard shows start in weeks. Colleges have community education classes right now. I'm teaching pruning and tree care locally at RCC next Saturday and the next too. Even doing a free pruning demo on the local Ace Hardware flowering cherry trees for the class.

If it's cold, enjoy buying your new tools now. Get linseed oil and coat your wood handles.

Go cut some forsythia or quince now - put it in a vase. You will have cut flowers in about two weeks. That could have been done last month, with a vase worth cut every week in rotation for all-winter flowers on the dining table.

Don't wait. Start gardening now. So let it be written, so let it be done.

#160698 January 16th, 2007 at 08:29 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I'm still waiting on my cinnamon basil so I can harvest the seeds it's almost time but not quite yet. As soon as that is done I can recycle those pots. One for the Jasmine and the other for something else. I'm not quite sure what yet. But your right it is the time to gear up. I've been saving my yogure 6 ounce cups for my starter plants. Now I just have to decide what I want to start when.

#160699 January 17th, 2007 at 09:24 AM
OP Offline
Those yogurt cups have a nice shape for sliding the roots out later.

Unless it's Yoplait !!

#160700 January 17th, 2007 at 08:13 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
richland's lol. The only problem is they don't have lids that I can turn into saucers lol.

Link Copied to Clipboard