This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#160227 June 28th, 2005 at 06:19 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
continuing thread here.

#160228 June 28th, 2005 at 06:58 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Closed the Breast Cancer Quilt#1 for you Jenn,
Here's a link to it if anyone would like to go
back and re~read it....

Breast Cancer Quilt

#160229 July 1st, 2005 at 08:17 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Alrighty...I'm leaving in an hour to go to the Relay. It starts tomorrow, but I'm going early to help my MIL set things up for our team and for other things that she helps out with. So, I'll be posting an un-official amount that we've raised for that county when I get home on Sunday evening.

Update on the quilt...
I've gotten the fabric out and have started to cut the pieces again. I am not sure if I will make the quilt as large as originally proposed because I did not get the amount of names that I was hoping for. My NIL still has to email a couple of quilting groups (about 100 people), but I don't know if that will give me enough or not. I've also started to look at fabric for the 2nd quilt....the quilt for all cancers. I will get a design posted in this thread at some point in time. Right now I'm trying to juggle too many things, so once this weekend is over, that's one less thing for me to do (of course, it'll get replaced with something else laugh ).

Talk to you all on Sunday!!

#160230 July 1st, 2005 at 09:36 PM
GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING-- JENN!!!!!!!!!
thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup

#160231 July 6th, 2005 at 04:04 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm thinking up fundraisers for my RFL team. Does anyone have any ideas?? This is what I have soo far...

1. Mystery Dinner (menu is a mystery...not a murder mystery dinner)
2. Rubber Duck Race
3. Gift wrapping at the mall
4. Selling glow sticks at the relay
5. Penny Harvest
6. Selling advertising space at our campsite at the relay
7. Quartes for a cure (kids collect quarters and turn them in in film cases...each case holds $7)
8. Drawing for a Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey.

Also, if anyone has a menu for a mystery dinner. I have found 2 online, but its hard to find them because when you Google "Mystery Dinner" you get alot of murder mysteries as a result. I'd like a few menus that I can pick and choose from.

#160232 September 14th, 2005 at 02:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, just so i don't upset anyone, first, i will let you all know i am deleting posts that aren't relavent to the quilt.

second, if anyone reads this and wants more info on the quilt, please contact me, jiffymouse here at the garden helper.com

third, i am featuring this post and unfeaturing the first one, so that it will go properly.

thanks to all for your support of hisgal on this project. she is a great person (i got to meet her in person clp ) and i admire her spirit on this project!

#160233 December 22nd, 2005 at 11:08 AM
Jenn, feel free to add my aunt's name to your quilt. It's in the pm I sent to you today.

smile

#160234 March 29th, 2006 at 09:03 PM
Just sent a pm for my mom to... thanks

#160235 April 26th, 2006 at 09:26 AM
What a wonderful thing you are doing here!

I will PM some names I have for each quilt.

#160236 June 28th, 2006 at 01:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is a link to komo tv in seattle regarding breast cancer. if you are a woman, or love a woman, you want to read the article, or watch the video, with the sound on (there is a link to the video on the page). I only have one warning, the video has graphic images that are VERY IMPORTANT to see. i know someone who died from this and it is an ugly, painful death.

#160237 August 2nd, 2006 at 08:41 AM
Jenn:

This is the first time I read this post (with the help of Weezie's link) and all I can say is thank you! What a wonderful idea! Reading posts from you and other people have brought tears to my eyes. Like a lot of people here, we're all touched by breast cancer in one way or another and it's just so beautiful to see you spreading your talent in such a worthy cause.

Thank you, thank you!

#160238 September 1st, 2006 at 04:01 AM
Wow,This thread has me in tears !
I went through treatment for breast cancer,Auguat,2002-June, 2006.I returned to work July,2006.
I wish I could give you a big hug,Jenn
Thank you !

#160239 November 20th, 2006 at 10:47 AM
S
S
Jen
is your 2nd quilt gonna be for all cancers?

#160240 December 4th, 2006 at 11:43 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, the 2nd quilt will be for all cancers.

The quilt has obviously been put on hold for a while now with everything that has been going on for the last few months. I am still collecting names for both quilts and once we are moved and settled, I can continue piecing the breast cancer quilt. I cannot piece the second quilt until I have all of the names and types of cancers since each name will have their own color of fabic indicating the type of cancer.

#160241 December 5th, 2006 at 12:10 PM
S
S
my cousins name is Tracy Naylor, not shure the type of cancer, she had a brain tumor that was cancerous spread all through her body. Tracy died dec-17-1987
you could add her name to the 2nd quilt if ya want,

#160242 December 5th, 2006 at 11:47 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
I will add her name to the list. Do you know if they just called it brain cancer? or if it was something like small cell carconoma?? a good friend of ours has the 2nd that I mentioned and it spread soo fast that they couldn't keep up with it.

#160243 February 13th, 2007 at 09:16 PM
Can you add my great-grandmother's name? She helped raise me and I miss her very much.

Her name was Pauline Irvin Safrit and she died of Colon Cancer.
She was such a fighter- they did a colostomy on her and gave her 6 months to live, but she fought for 6 YEARS and was only bedfast for the last couple of months.
Her favorite flower was bleeding hearts, but she said she could never get them to grow... I think that was probably the only thing she couldn't grow!
Last year, when I married my husband and we bought a house that is halfway across the country from where I was born and raised, we moved to Pauline Drive, which reminds me of her daily. And imagine my surprise when the gardens came up in the spring and one whole bed was full of bleeding hearts. I'm sure she is here with me in spirit.

'Manda

#160244 February 13th, 2007 at 11:06 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by dirt in my diamonds:
Her favorite flower was bleeding hearts, but she said she could never get them to grow...

Last year, when I married my husband and we bought a house that is halfway across the country from where I was born and raised, we moved to Pauline Drive, which reminds me of her daily. And imagine my surprise when the gardens came up in the spring and one whole bed was full of bleeding hearts. I'm sure she is here with me in spirit.
That is so neat to hear...
I feel the same way for my Gramma..
She had gardens' all over the place..
and one flower (a pastel pink columbine)I was going to get at her house, and I kept forgetting to go get the seeds, but everytime I went they were gone....*no seeds* and then the following few years, not even the plants came up...
I was so heart broken..
*cause I had her puple one's but not the pink*

and when I moved here, my husband did the mowing and the weed~whacking in the begining.. and the second year, I had reconized the stem/leaves of a columbine on the property...
and my husband kept weed~whacking it..
and year after year, it kept coming up, and he kept weed~whacking it... and I kept telling him NOTTTTTTTT to weed~whack it.. frown mad
So, finally after about the 4th year..
I FIRED MY HUSBAND FROM weed~WHACKING AND MOWING..
The following year, I got to see THE MOST BEAUTIFUL grinnnn clp
And it struggled to stay here..
trust me... struggled is an understatement..
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard