This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#160030 March 13th, 2007 at 02:32 PM
OP Offline
I have been trying to download a video to my account here, but it keeps booting me out. Anyone else use this and having problems?

What other on-line sites are there for this type of stuff, what does everyone use? I see a lot of photobucket users here, what else?

#160031 March 13th, 2007 at 04:35 PM
Patty, I don't know what's going on Duh , but I've been having trouble getting on Photobucket and this site for the last week or so eek . Both are taking forever to load and sometimes when I finally get on I get booted off or lose my connection Duh . spring is coming and hopefully, I'll have a lot of pictures share and things to ask about but it's getting hard to do ters .

#160032 March 13th, 2007 at 05:07 PM
I use photobucket and haven't had problems with it lately...although I haven't uploaded photos to the site for a few days. I don't do video with photobucket tho, so I can't really help you there.

I haven't had any trouble with GH either.

#160033 March 13th, 2007 at 05:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you've got a the 'free' account with photobucket, you're limited on file size for video and there's also a limit of pics in a slideshow.

#160034 March 13th, 2007 at 05:35 PM
Well, I don't do videos or the slideshow, so that's not the problem Duh . I just put some of my pictures on Photobucket, but all my problems seem to be with getting on the sites and staying on without getting booted or having it freeze up mad . I'm not encountering any problems with any other sites. :rolleyes:

#160035 March 13th, 2007 at 09:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you're on dialup that might be the problem. sheesh, even dsl and cable can have problems and things can 'time out' if responses aren't received to inquiries - either those coming from the site or those going to it from your computer.

i had lots of intermittent problems with my cable last year...actually, i'd had recurring problems the whole time; right from when i first got the service.

turns out the cable running from the pole to my house was bad and needed to be replaced...once that was done, the issues i was having disappeared.

same thing with the phone lines...when i moved into the house the one phone line would go out periodically (only one as they were installed at different times and were actually seperate lines coming from the pole to the house). turns out the local squirrels loved to munch on that one line...again, having it replaced solved the issues.

oh, and they shouldn't be charging for replacing any lines from the pole/service point to the outside box of your house/apt...that portion is THEIR responsibility.

aside from the above, you may have something running in the background on your computer that's interfering with things. have you done a virus/bot/trojan check lately? what about a defrag?

#160036 March 13th, 2007 at 10:36 PM
It's been really slow for me, I have cable

#160037 March 13th, 2007 at 11:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could be an issue with your provider. or it could be an issue with the cable line itself. or the modem could be going wonky!

lol!!

if it's a consistant problem on every site, then contact your provider to determine whether the problem is with their equipment or yours.

#160038 March 13th, 2007 at 11:38 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I have cable...(adelphia) and Time Warner recently bought it out. Since then they have changed a lot of things...one of which is, they change your IP address constantly for security...and every time they change my IP address I was getting kicked off the internet, because my wireless router wasn't accepting the new IP address, so I had to unplug everything (modem, cable, router) and re-boot to get it working again. A major pain in the rear. A program to fix it I downloaded off LinkSys (router ) has helped a lot.

#160039 March 14th, 2007 at 01:24 AM
Well, I have dial-up and don't have any problems with any other sites Duh - just Photobucket and The Garden Helper. I know dial-up is slow :rolleyes: but it's been exceptionally slow on these two sites this past week or so. eek

#160040 March 14th, 2007 at 01:52 AM
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
I have cable...(adelphia) and Time Warner recently bought it out. Since then they have changed a lot of things...one of which is, they change your IP address constantly for security...and every time they change my IP address I was getting kicked off the internet, because my wireless router wasn't accepting the new IP address, so I had to unplug everything (modem, cable, router) and re-boot to get it working again. A major pain in the rear. A program to fix it I downloaded off LinkSys (router ) has helped a lot.
It sounds more a problem is with our ISP. When the DHCP server changes the IP address the modem should pass that information to the router, and in turn accept the new settings, unless our ISP is using some specail setup.

I have never had any problems when my ISP changes mine.

As far as Photobucket it would help if they didn't have 191+ servers to deal with.

Link Copied to Clipboard