This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#159224 March 14th, 2007 at 08:55 PM
ms.tmac Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello, I'm new to this site. I live in Cornwall, Ontario,Canada. I love to garden,which I've been doing for the last 7 years. I live in zones 3-4 and we get pretty cold long winter's here.Ugg!
My other hobbies & interests are; crafts, interior decorating, drawing gardening designs and interior decorating designs. I also love to make up gift baskets and I love to make seasonal decorations, including making elaborate costumes for Halloween. I love cooking & enteraining as well. And all of this is in my spare time, which isn't much considering I'm married and I have two children, a thirteen year old daughter, and a five year old son. My son is disabled he has CP. Short for Cerabal Palsy. I'm also the one who doe's a lot of my son's physo therapy. My son also takes Granmile seizure's as well. We as a family own our home. Unfortunately we live in the city currently, and have a tenant in the same building. We will be making a move hopefully in the next 3-5 years in a large single victorian home, hopefully in the country. I grew up on a farm in the country, my husband is orginally from the city. There are benefits to living in the city, like having shopping malls close at hand and the hospital, however I prefer the country because of the land and because then I don't have snoopy neighbours. And trust me their snoopy. Every time I try to enhance my front yard with restructuring my garden they have to start doing their's. Yes they're childish. Another biggie for me is the enormous amount of cats in this city. And boy do they ever like to **** in my garden and flower beds. And I've tried critter be gone and several other things down to lemon balms ,etc. however it doesn't deter this critters. And the enormous amount of owners walking dog's that don't stoop & scoop is unreal. Anyway I should have put this in at the top, but I goofed, I'm 36 year's old.

#159225 March 14th, 2007 at 09:23 PM
M
MLN Offline
M
Hi ms. tmac and welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you. It's nice to have a place to come and "talk" with others who share our love of gardening wink and I'm sure you will like it here. About those cats creating unsolicited fertilizer in your flower beds--if the beds aren't real big and you can get some pine cones, they make a wonderful deterent. The cats won't step on them. Just spread them all around your flowers. They sit low enough to the ground that they aren't real obvious and make compost in the long run. It worked real well for me when we lived in a subdivision thumbup

#159226 March 15th, 2007 at 07:38 AM
Hi ms.tmac. Welcome. You can nearly always find someone here who knows the answer to a question or at least knows where to go for the answer. wavey

#159227 March 15th, 2007 at 12:23 PM
Hello ms.tmac wavey
Welcome to the forum. flw

#159228 March 15th, 2007 at 12:46 PM
HI THERE,

Welcome to the FORUM!!

#159229 March 15th, 2007 at 04:31 PM
Greetings! ... and welcome!! smile

#159230 March 16th, 2007 at 05:31 AM
[Linked Image]

Welcome to the forum! smile We've so glad to have you join us and you'e going to love it here. luv There's a wealth of informaton and plently of people to help you. wink

#159231 March 19th, 2007 at 06:47 AM
ms.tmac Offline OP
OP Offline
Unfortunately MLN, my flower garden is quite large, it's 10 x 13'. And my back flower bed that's somewhat smaller has cedar mulch in it, and the same with the front flower beds too. Sounds interesting though, I wonder if putting some around the perimeter of my garden would help? I also bought a fence to install this year but I know the little critters can climb and jump. Oh well, the fence is more for decoration anyway.

#159232 March 19th, 2007 at 02:25 PM
Hi wavey I'm Joni ~ i'm new here and pretty new to gardening as well.... i hope you enjoy it here like I do so far !

Joni ~ flw

#159233 March 19th, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Hi ms.tmc

flw

Welcome to our Pod......COme often , stay long. smile
dodge

Link Copied to Clipboard