This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kennyso Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's the delemma (sp?) ew're in groups of three, we all have a part to do for our bleach project. I'm doing the poster with one guy and the other was supposed to make a 3d model of the compound. problem is, he can't find any styrafoam balls...so what can we use? he wants to use drained egg shells, I'm thinking of paper mache balls...any other suggestions? we don't have any clay or play dough. I oculd possibly make origami paper balloon or string beaded spheres but those are more srtistic than scientific...suggestions? it's due tomorrow (I know its kinda late, but he SHOULD have done it during the break, at least I finished my poster smile )

balloons, tennis or golf balls, marshmellows

grapes? little wads of paper??

I HATED having to work in groups and having MY grade depend on someone else's work. IMO, its just the teachers being lazy and not wanting to grade 30 projects when they can combine people and only grade 15. :p

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my vote is origami balloons. they are nearly square, but in a rounded way. they are easy to transport and cheap.

alternately, you could raid the mismatched sock bin (most homes with teenagers have them, i still do!) and ball up some socks.

P
P
You can use practice golf balls. They are hollow and light...that is, if you don't mind the dimples. Another material could be rounded colored beads [from discarded baby toys] or the round plastic containers from toy dispensers at grocery stores [you need quarters for this].

so what did you end up using, Kenny????

kennyso Offline OP
OP Offline
I used paper mache cuz I ha dsomeone to help me out! laugh smile a family friend whose an interior decorator came for dinner last night and she helped me finish the paper mache. I was told to make hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) by the teacher as it's a type of bleach (oxygen bleach) and when I showed her at lunch (I have lunch then science then home!) she tole me I was supposed to do chlorine bleach (NaOCl) and the only diagram I could find was one with some orbitals...well I got really pi$t and went on about no point of doing a project just so you coul ddecorate the room, how I haven't learnt anything at all in her class, and how she has made science for me miserable...(just imagine my regret when I remember she was the only gr 11 biology teacher laugh laugh laugh ...but then I'm moving so... laugh ) I told her how the head of science has been helping me every lunch so I wouldn't fall behind and she went red. the other teacher inside the workroom was giggling his head off (good thing she didn't hear him) I have the head of science behind my back, but I feel really bad for making the situation so tense...she did give us an extension after everything an dafter I tol dher the head of science told me to tell her that she wanted to talk to her about her marking scheme...she was like, bring a new model that you are satisfied with and han dit in tomorrow...confused and mixed feelings now. frown / smile

P
P
I know it is probably late; I failed to mention earlier about using "ping pong" balls [table tennis balls].

Link Copied to Clipboard