This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#156751 March 14th, 2007 at 05:11 AM
ms.tmac Offline OP
OP Offline
Has anyone out there ever picked up a copy of Garden Gate Magazine. Great bang for your buck. A very well laid out magazine and there are NO advertisements in this magazine, strictly articles. I Love this magazine. Most magazines are so full of advertisements that it's hardly worth picking them up because the reading material just isn't there. But this one's a beaut. And you can also place the magazines in their own binder to keep together, they all have three ring hole punch. Also I've gone to my local library and come across a gardening book from Rob Proctor and Lauren Springer called Passionate Gardening. Quite the impressive book. Rob Proctor also is a columnist in a gardening magazine as well.

#156752 March 14th, 2007 at 02:54 PM
I havent heard of it before but i will be looking for it now....thanks thumbup flw flw

#156753 March 14th, 2007 at 03:38 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
It's a good magazine....
And they do a nice job on it..

But it's a tad too expensive for me... shk

#156754 March 14th, 2007 at 09:41 PM
ms.tmac Offline OP
OP Offline
Most gardening magazine's are in around the 8 to 12 dollar mark. It may sound expensive initally however well worth it. And if you subscribe as member you're getting six issue's for around 30$ cnd. Not bad considering no advertisments. They also have a website www.GardenGateMagazine.com
It's a very impressive website. A lot of free downloadables if you're a member. Nice garden plans too. Very, Very informative. Sounds like I'm trying to sell them or something, but I really like them that much. And to, Penny they sell the magazine at your local walmart. Trust me I thought it was expensive intially at first too, but well worth it. Just pick up one copy and you'll see what I mean. Good luck and happy hunting.

#156755 March 18th, 2007 at 05:00 PM
I get the magazine also(my grandmother gets it for me) I like all the flower tips, but I can't really use the designing ideas. It's a great magazine, but I wish I could find one that is more for vegetable gardening. I also liked the three ring hole punch.

Link Copied to Clipboard