This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15559 December 21st, 2004 at 09:03 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I think what I have on six houseplants are whiteflies but I'm not certain. They seem to have black bodies and white wings.

I've searched this site for some advice but I've been trying the Safer brand insecticide without much luck. They just keep coming back and have spread to now six houseplants.

Some of the leaves have damage and I just don't know what else to do. Should I transplant them or use a better spray?

Thanks in advance

#15560 December 31st, 2004 at 06:40 AM
J
J
I had some thing like that on several plants a few years back and thought them to be white flies. I treated with Rotenone (?) to no effect, and then found a bottle of Orthene, which claimed white fly, aphids, mealy bugs, etc as victims and that worked well. Just mix it up in a little hand spray bottle and shot the plants every couple days for a week and they were gone. Stinky stuff.

Correct me if I am wrong, everybody, but I think white flies are all white and kinda pop off the plant when disturbed. They seem to love my hostas in mid summer.

I have solved most of my in house winter beastie problems by spraying the soil with rotenone before bringing my plants in for the winter. I let them sit for a few days and drag in all 40 of them.

Hope this helps.

JoLee

Link Copied to Clipboard