This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi everyone out there! this is my first time in a forum so I'm hoping things go right!
I have just moved here to New Orleans, (Metairie)after living the last 7 years in Oman in the Middle East. Before that I lived 4 years in Gabon, West Africa and 4 years in Brunei. Previous to all this globetrotting I lived in the UK where I was born.
I've always tried to keep my inherited gardens going and to improve and add to them if possible. However I don't really know what I'm doing. At the moment I'm trying to identify all my plants and sort out a ragged looking lawn. I'll be searching the forum for all sorts of advice over the coming weeks and months and probably asking some very basic questions along the way.
Looking forward to chatting to people who can help or just like to muck about in the garden as I do.
Expat Gardener in New Orleans wavey

wavey

Hi there, and welcome to the Forum!

wavey And WElcome!!! [Linked Image]

What an adventure your life has been to travel and live in soo many places and the experiences!!~~~ WOW !!

Ahhh Psstttt,, Did ya bring seeds of flowers or plants to the US from your travels?? That would be pretty awesome!!

Feel free to ask any questions???? and post any gardening pictures ( Photobucket is Free and easy!! to use here) ! Glad you found us and we're glad to have you!! thumbup

Hi there . I am new to this site too , but not to forums . I am sure you will get lots of help just by searching the forums posting and asking questions . I am one who loves to putter and poke about in the yard and gardens all the time . I am so glad the weather is finally starting to get better . I am NOT a winter person at all . I hope we both can learn new stuff here . I have been gardening all my life whether it be in containers or in the ground , but I learn something new everyday . Just have fun and post all your questions and ideas and everything you learn so others can learn too .

S
S
wavey hello
welcome to the fourm!

[Linked Image]

Welcome to the forum! smile We're so glad to have you aboard and you're going to love it here. luv There's lots of information here and plenty of people to help you. wink

Hello wavey
Where in the UK are you from???
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
[Linked Image]

Hi there,

Welcome to the Forum!!

Welcome. I'm new to the forum too and am really into exotics. If you are from the UK you will know just how difficult that is here - LOL. Lots of help from these folks though so if you have a prob. - just post it.

OP Offline
Thanks for all those welcoming messages.
Princessazlea, I'm from up near you, the Wirral, near Liverpool.
I've never really done any gardening in UK. Here in Louisiana is the nearest I've come to a real Winter!!
As you said, Datazmom, I'm real happy it's starting to warm up!
Now I feel like getting out in the garden everyday.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by Expat Gardener:
At the moment I'm trying to identify all my plants and sort out a ragged looking lawn. I'll be searching the forum for all sorts of advice over the coming weeks and months and probably asking some very basic questions along the way.
Also, if you have any Mystery plants you don't know and haven't been able to identify..
We have a Mystery Section here you can post your pictures in.. we love a good mystery here.. grinnnn

And ask away.. don't be shy about asking or even re~asking.. we'd rather you get it and not be worried about re~asking.. always glad to help you and your plants out!!!!! flw flw

M
MLN Offline
M
wavey Hi Expat and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you. I'm sure you will find LOTS of help with any questions/problems you might have. I'm originally from Bossier City, LA, but after moving all over the U.S., I've been over here in MS for the last 33 years. Love the climate--I've already got my veggie garden started and been doing lots of work in my flowerbeds. Hope you enjoy it here in the forum.

Hello Expat Gardener wavey
Welcome to the forum!

Link Copied to Clipboard