This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#154851 October 17th, 2006 at 07:25 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to show a few photos of my dollhouse decorated for Halloween.... I have plenty more on my photo bucket page also...feel free to check it out....this decorating part is alot of fun...I can't wait for the Thanksgiving Holiday and Christmas and New Year's....and....lol

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#154852 October 17th, 2006 at 07:27 PM
That turned out sooo cute Charlotte!!
I Just love the tiny little decorations!!

#154853 October 17th, 2006 at 07:40 PM
That is adorable....what a cute house and it looks so real thumbup

#154854 October 23rd, 2006 at 07:07 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's the link to more photos of the dollhouse decorated for Halloween....Alot of the decorations are actually intended for scrap booking, but they fit perfectly in the 1" scale dollhouse.
I would like to get into scrap booking,but this idea works well too http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/Charlie7_01/Dollhouse/Halloween%20Decorations/ [Linked Image]

enjoy the many photos....

[Linked Image]

#154855 October 23rd, 2006 at 10:24 AM
HOW ADORABLE IS THAT!!! kissies

#154856 October 24th, 2006 at 03:52 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to all for checking out the dollhouse, it is a blast to decorate...

Does anyone know of good scrap booking websites I could check out for more decorations for the dollhouse...

[Linked Image]
I will be looking for Thanksgiving decorations soon...

[Linked Image] the skeleton is moveable parts just like the real sized ones...amazing

#154857 October 24th, 2006 at 03:57 AM
that's neat! so do you decorate the house for all of the seasons? My sister used to have a house like that, but when she remarried, I think she got rid of it....not really sure.

#154858 October 25th, 2006 at 05:02 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
I try to decorate the house for each season....I need plenty of things to make the house a home to all the stuffed teddies.
I have been cruising the local Jo-Anne fabrics to buy the latest scrap booking decorations as they have better stuff than Michaels. I only wish we had a local A C Moore Craft Store.
Does anyone know of a good online catalog for scrap booking decorations?

#154859 October 25th, 2006 at 05:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the house looks spooktacular, charlotte!! (sorry, just couldn't resist! laugh )

ac moore website

google results for scrapbooking

i was doing a search for canisters for my kitchen and found this and immediately thought of you!!

#154860 October 27th, 2006 at 03:45 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Joclyn,
The leads you added I did check them out....I think I'll keep my eyes openon the web and visit often...lol

#154861 October 27th, 2006 at 05:11 AM
Too bad you don't have A.C.Moore there!
I was going to suggest it - I was in there today and they had the cutest things for scrapbooking.

I'm glad joclyn gave you their link.

Have you thought about ebay maybe?

#154862 October 28th, 2006 at 10:27 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll have to check it out some more. Joclyn did give me a link to some tiny canisters on ebay, they are very cute. I'm not sure about getting involved on ebay though. I've never "shopped" them before, have you?
I have also been cutting greeting cards apart, ant using the graphics to decorate the dollhouse. There are soooo many things a mini-mind can think of to use. A mini-mind never stops...lol
This is a small quilt I made for the dollhouse

[Linked Image]

[ [Linked Image]
My photobucket address so you can check out all the photos of the dollhouse....as the miniatures are amazing
http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/Charlie7_01/Dollhouse/?sc=1&addtype=local

enjoy,
[Linked Image]

#154863 October 29th, 2006 at 01:08 AM
That's very cute and creative Charlotte. thumbup

#154864 October 29th, 2006 at 01:12 AM
That quilt is AMAZING! Great job!

My aunt had a dollhouse too - she was constantly buying things for it - Laura Ashley wallpaper, etc. My 2 cousins had such a fight over it when she died - unfortunately, she didn't specify anything in her will.

I imagine you would run out of room in there?
Do you have just this one, or are there others?

#154865 October 29th, 2006 at 05:22 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Lol, I actually have the one but I have been collecting different furniture, accessories and all as this allows me choices in decorating. And I rotate stock, otherwise I would run out of room in there...lol
The fun of the dollhouse now is to decorate it. It takes quite a while to collect things for it and just like a real house some things you like after you bring it home and some things you don't like.
I love to shop for things and come up with new ideas of my own. I like to make things myself or buy thing hand made.

To add electric and have light in all of the rooms is not a cheap undertaking even for the thrifty shopper. The electric cord plugs are all replace with much smaller than the original and each wall outlet is similar to a real one. It has a porcelin piece and a brass cover to fit over the porcelin.
[Linked Image] On some things I just had to bite the bullet on the prices. As I the spoiled brat (lol) just had to have certain things. My hubby did all of the wiring so that was a good source of labor. lol
I love going to dollhouse shoppes and picking out a few unique pices for it, I also just keep my eyes open for appropriate sized items. I bought a brass clock at a yardsale that actually works and fits perfectly in the dollhouse.
[Linked Image]
The brass clock is a perfect fit...it is actually real and it works...

[Linked Image]

#154866 October 29th, 2006 at 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would think the most fun WOULD be the decorating!!

i might just start on one myself...it's something i've always kind of had an interest in - the mother of highschool boyfriend was working on one at the time and i used to help her...

purchasing online is generally pretty okay - especially when dealing with companies you are already familiar with (like ac moore). i've purchased on ebay, as well, and only had a problem once. most people on there are pretty upfront - there are even companies that sell on there too. you just have to check out the seller - look at the feedback that's been left and how long they've been selling on ebay, etc. if anyone does have negative feedback, i take a look at the feedback of that person too...to try to determine if they are a problem buyer or if it was a one-time situation.

#154867 October 29th, 2006 at 07:55 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for thinformation Joclyn,

I'll try and surf ebay to check things out, that may be another good resource for materials.... the dollhouse is a blast to decorate...

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard