This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#154026 October 25th, 2006 at 09:24 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
If I can talk Stephen into going that far west, we will come visit.

I'm bummed out. I listed my bedroom furniture on Merchandiser's web listing and someone called yesterday about coming to see it and buy it. they never showed. I can't do anything else in that room until that furniture goes! I need to prime and paint the walls and get some drapes. And I wanna make it purdy with some decorative pillows and such. Boscov's has some packages of drapes on clearance for like $8. They aren't a good color for the walls, but I can make really great coordinating decorative pillows with just one pack. The drapes in just one pack is 104"x84" so that is plenty of material to make a couple of pillows really quickly.

I haven't gotten my porch painted yet either. There is a bee's nest where two posts join and I'm allergic to bees! I was washing everything down and got stung in the beginning of last week, so I've been waiting for it to get cooler so the bees aren't active so I can get rid of the nest. Well, it got cooler, but it is WINDY out there!! I can't be out there for hours if its cold AND windy.

soo much to do.....soo much to do

#154027 December 6th, 2006 at 12:18 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Alrighty.....update on the roadtrip....

We've decided to move after closing on the house, so that puts the beginning of the trip around January 27th or so. We close on the 26th, but I'm not sure if Stephen is going to want to visit family over that weekend or not.

Lately, we have been ironing out the path that we are going to take and it looks like this is the way we are going to go...

I-80 through PA, Ohio, Indiana. Somewhere in Illinoise, we are catching I-90 and taking it north through Wisconsin, Minesota, South Dakota (stopping to see Mt. Rushmore and Devil's Tower), Wyoming, catch Rt. 15 in Montana. At that point, we will enter Canada and go through Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon Territory, and then into Alaska.

We are thinking of going to St. Louis to pick something up, which would change our route around Illinoise, Wisconsin, and Minesota, but I'm not sure what Stephen will decide to do.

I think I am going to send a letter to Oprah and tell her what we're doing and see if she'll say anything. smile

#154028 December 7th, 2006 at 12:45 AM
Let me know if you come through Minnesota. I would definitely meet up with you along your path!!!

Jessica

#154029 December 7th, 2006 at 02:00 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok! smile

We decided that we would drive for 2 days straight and then take a break, so I don't know if we'd be coming through Minnesota during the night or not.

#154030 December 8th, 2006 at 03:24 AM
I would understand if you would be coming through at night! I am sure that both of you just want to get there!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard