This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15399 January 12th, 2004 at 04:12 PM
K
OP Offline
K
I have a huge Wandering Jew plant that I believe needs to be repotted into a larger pot. I have a few concers though.....
1) Should I wait until spring?
2) The plant is so big & there are alot of very long stems. The stems seem to be very fragile - even when watering or turning for sunlight, I always break a few. Any suggestions on how to repot without ruining or killing? Should I divide into 2 plants or will this harm the fragile plant? smile

#15400 January 12th, 2004 at 04:22 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
wavey kristiekay wavey

Hello, Glad you found us!!!
I just wanted to let you know, that someone would be through to answer your questions, we have a bunch of House plant gardeners here,
as well as Master Gardeners to new gardeners, to everything in between... Hope you'll enjoy your visit, come back again and again, we've added alot of new sections here, thumbup like recipes, crafts and hobbies, banter hall for some chatting.... flw

Hope this helps a bit!
Weezie

We have some members from Pa, Barb H., just joined, and Carol5270, and Serendipity.. couple others as well....

#15401 January 12th, 2004 at 04:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey hi kristiek wavey glad to have you with us. about your wandering jew. first of all, breakage isn't a problem, just stick the broke stems in glass of water and you will have a baby plant in to time. second, about the repoting thing, next time you water your plant, if the water runs straight through, it may be time for repotting, otherwise, just give it a "haircut" by cutting off all the stems that are so long that they have lost the leaves closest to the pot. put those in a glass of water and make yourself a new plant. or alternately, you can just cut it all back to about 2-3 inches from the top of the soil. it will grow back bushier than ever. good luck and keep us posted!

#15402 January 12th, 2004 at 05:35 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it goes! grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard