This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#152867 September 26th, 2006 at 10:00 PM
OP Offline
I'm an avid amateur gardener, both indoor and outdoor. I'm looking forward to learning more! Hey Auntie Pat, I'm here! wavey

#152868 September 26th, 2006 at 10:02 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi, Beckie H..... wavey
Welcome to the forum!

Now I'm trying to figure out who Auntie Pat is! nutz laugh

Cindy

#152869 September 26th, 2006 at 10:05 PM
OP Offline
Patty S.

#152870 September 26th, 2006 at 10:21 PM
Hello & welcome BeckieH, hope to see you around! wavey

#152871 September 26th, 2006 at 10:38 PM
[Linked Image]
hello grinnnn

#152872 September 26th, 2006 at 11:27 PM
Hi there.

Welcome to the Forum.

Nice to meet you!

#152873 September 27th, 2006 at 12:12 AM
Hi Becky H wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
flw flw flw

#152874 September 27th, 2006 at 04:26 AM
Beckie Lynn, if you would have kept quiet, people might have assumed that you were Patti's niece, cuz you live only about 39 miles from her!(She's "Trouble Twin Two" & we share the same birthday. I'll have to tell you sometime, how we wound up with our nicknames here.)
I wouldn't have denied knowing (& loving) you, of course... it just might have been fun to make people guess who you belong to!

Now before my friends here start calling me PAT, [Linked Image] I want to explain the name thing...
When I was little & cute, everybody called me "Patty". but when I was about 9 years old, I threw a fit about being called a "baby name" & I wouldn't answer to anyone who didn't call me "Pat"! Beckie came along when I was 15, so I turned into "Aunty Pat"... (even after I threw another fit about being called a "boys name", & insisted on being called "Patty" again!) My sister's kids never got used to the change, & only call me "Patty" when they leave the "Aunty" off... which I don't mind!
I'm an avid amateur gardener, both indoor and outdoor
Avid, I have to agree with... but seeing her yard will make you wonder about the "amateur" part!

This was part of Beckies back yard, before she chased a dream this spring...
[Linked Image]

...and here it is, when she was done.
[Linked Image]

We were there last summer, & I just LOVED being in her back yard!
(She must have hundreds of flowers!)
[Linked Image]

I just couldn't help myself... sorry if I stole your thunder, Beck! kissies

**By the way, Beckie is my sister, Carol's, daughter (Murph here... member #8998). Carol was also an avid gardener, before she moved to a retirement community, & has only popped in here a few times. Maybe we'll see more of her, now that Beckie is here & will, hopefully, be posting some (more) of her pics!
...BEFORE I DO!
[Linked Image]

#152875 September 27th, 2006 at 02:44 PM
[Linked Image]

Hi Becky! wavey Welcome to the forum! It's so nice to meet you, and I hope to be seeing you around on some of the forums! wink

Becky, your yard is absolutely breathtaking! How long did it take you to create that masterpiece? Duh By the way, you're not that far from me so you can come over and work on my yard anytime! laugh

if you would have kept quiet, people might have assumed that you were Patti's niece, cuz you live only about 39 miles from her!(She's "Trouble Twin Two" & we share the same birthday. I'll have to tell you sometime, how we wound up with our nicknames here.)
Hmmm, now that's a story I would really love to hear! Duh p

#152876 September 27th, 2006 at 07:38 PM
[Linked Image]

I may have a few questions for you once I get moved into my house...LOVE your yard!!! cool

You will love it here!

#152877 September 27th, 2006 at 08:59 PM
Hello everyone!
I’m Delko!

#152878 September 27th, 2006 at 09:02 PM
Originally posted by patches1414 (AKA: Trouble Twin Two):

Becky
Hey, Cyber Sis... grinnnn Sometimes she just can't help herself!
(She does have prettier flowers than I do though... I had to let her be good at something!)

[Linked Image]

#152879 September 29th, 2006 at 12:56 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by patches1414:

Becky, your yard is absolutely breathtaking! How long did it take you to create that masterpiece?
We moved into the house in 2000, and though the yard doesn't look much like it did when we moved in, the yard is what I fell in love with! There just happened to be a house included... wink

As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll show before and afters.

#152880 September 29th, 2006 at 01:07 AM
OP Offline
Ok. I updated my profile - my web site is www.ourdeck.com. This will push me to make sure everything is updated! smile There weren't too many people looking at it before...

It will be really nice to be able to show what I've done without having people thinking I'm "showing off". I just want to share what I enjoy doing and this really seems to be the place!

#152881 September 29th, 2006 at 01:31 AM
Hi Beckie! wavey

I loved the pictures of your yard, ters Of course, my neighborhood got hit pretty hard a couple of years ago when a tornado went right through here. The neighbor directly across the street from me lost three huge 50-60' trees in their back yard and went from a totally shaded back yard to full sun! eek It was quite a change and I felt so bad for them. Of course, it also gave me more sun in my front yard and that was very much needed, wink but I hated that it was at the expense of them losing their trees.

Oh, I love your water feature. luv It always seems to add something calming and special to a yard.

I'm sorry I spelled your name wrong on my first post. :rolleyes:

#152882 September 29th, 2006 at 01:46 AM
hello, and welcome to the forum!
hope to see you around often! wavey

#152883 September 29th, 2006 at 08:03 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by patches1414:
The neighbor directly across the street from me lost three huge 50-60' trees in their back yard and went from a totally shaded back yard to full sun! eek
The Friday just before the storm we'd taken 5 trees trying to get a bit more sun (in '02 we removed 20 trees!) We went from total shade to nearly full sun and straight into the high temps. A lot of plants nearly didn't make it after that.

I'm sorry I spelled your name wrong on my first post. :rolleyes:
Not a problem... smile

#152884 September 29th, 2006 at 12:49 PM
hello miss becky and welcome to the familly,i m franny from canada(laval near monytreal qc.)

what a magnificient garden,a loooooot a work isn t it but it s sooo nice...and that tree looks right out of the wizard of oz with his face...marvelous.

hope you like it here and we ll be talking soon.

crazy franny.

#152885 September 29th, 2006 at 11:52 PM
Beckie, You can click on the 'Edit' button in your profile & put your Web site link in the signature field, if you want it to show on each of your posts. So many of the folks who've stopped in here have enjoyed seeing your pics, & I know that there are a lot more who would like to see them... (if we ever let you out of this thread long enough to get to the other forums!)

I really think that you should post some before & after pics of your yard makeover down in Landscape trials and triumphs , & tell us what you did & how you did it! (It might look pretty empty there sometimes, but that's only because our Hostesses keep tidying up after us! Click on the 'Show topics' window to see what other people have been up to.)

In the Gardener\'s Chat forum, you'll find an ongoing thread called "Blooming Fine", which is a great place to brag up some of the gorgeous things that are growing in your yard, ...or start a topic of your own, like Carly has! (You'll find out how easy it is to toot your own horn, when you see how much fun we have doing it!) Pictures are good motivation for us to keep our gardens weeded! kissies

Link Copied to Clipboard