This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#151662 March 9th, 2006 at 05:20 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Let's see. Today I started Hot Tepin and Prairie Fire peppers. Transplanted a few Hibiscus.

#151663 March 9th, 2006 at 06:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds good Triss!

I don't love the pellets, but yep I do have a few things started in them!
[Linked Image]

Here's most of my seeds...I have a big windowbox planter behind the front ones. Plus the seeds on top....
[Linked Image]

#151664 March 9th, 2006 at 06:24 AM
That looks great, loz. How long ago did you start those seeds?

#151665 March 9th, 2006 at 06:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of them have been started for 4 or more weeks....I got a little ahead of myself....but I'm hoping it warms up soon so I can move them out to the little plastic greenhouse.

My nasturtium! grinnnn
[Linked Image]

#151666 March 9th, 2006 at 07:00 AM
Wow Loz..Looks like you are off to a great start!

#151667 March 9th, 2006 at 11:11 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Looks so good Loz!

#151668 March 9th, 2006 at 11:20 AM
The nasturtium looks good, loz.

I'm trying the dwarf variety this year, because mine usually get too leggy and don't last all summer. Have you ever grown those?

#151669 March 9th, 2006 at 11:53 AM
Great setup Loz! I'm trying to figure out how I can get "shelves" for next year. Unfortunately, my whole area may be gone by then-we need/want to put a new back door there--our yard is really on the side of the house, so it's kinda tough with the kids going all the way around to the front or back. But anyway, I ........... mad mad mad I was just about to load my pics up to photobucket, but they're down for maintenance! Like I said-every time I try to do this, something happens!! wavey
PS: Tammy: any pics of those crocuses? I would love to see one right about now. I noticed a couple of clumps growing in my yard the other day, but it's still pretty early for them here yet.

#151670 March 9th, 2006 at 12:33 PM
OK-Let's try this again....
This is my setup: seeds/b0bf533e.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>
I have another light to go in front of the window, but I have to exchange it for one that works (thanks Lowes! mad )
Here are my peppers: seeds/a1a7b370.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/> marigolds: seeds/e767b5c2.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>
Eggplants: seeds/3c4ce30c.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/> and Brussel sprouts: seeds/2276a821.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/> (these have gotten a bit leggy)
That's everything that's fully sprouted right now.

#151671 March 9th, 2006 at 12:38 PM
Oh ya-my one pitiful (dead?) onion: seeds/4d07b395.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/> (the one still in the pellet) Duh
And here's my little pot marigold seed, sending out it's first root: seeds/potmarigolds1stroot.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>
I think that's just the coolest thing!

Well-it looks like I did it!!! Now that I've got that done with (finally), I'm going to bed to try to plan a back flower garden..........

#151672 March 9th, 2006 at 01:10 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Looks really good Rozy!

#151673 March 9th, 2006 at 09:22 PM
seeing all these pictures, i need to get a digital camera-soon.
the last pot that had my easter egg plant in it has sprouted, so thats all 6 now, so here is hoping they dont die before i get them outside.
penny

#151674 March 9th, 2006 at 10:42 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Well about the only thing I can add to my list of accomplishments regarding the seedlings is that the zinnia and the snapdragons have joined the larkspur and malva outside. All appear to be handling the hardening off process very well which is a blessing.

I can't remember if I mentioned that the peonies have sprouted but they have. I have 4 sprouts of one and 2 of another. Out of the six I started with that isn't to many but it's very much better than one.

I'll see if I can get a picture of them. So far none of my pictures of them have come out well enough to post. But I will keep trying.

#151675 March 9th, 2006 at 10:56 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I'm not very good at taking pictures. This was about as good as I can get and I can barely see the purple ones. I do have one of the spotted ones comming up. Maybe it will be up tomorrow

[Linked Image]

#151676 March 10th, 2006 at 04:07 AM
Looking good Tammy! I love seeing things sprout up. I noticed some daffs that I'd planted last year starting to come up in my back garden. My other daffs that are just kind of scattered next to the house have been up since January, so we'll see how they make out this year. Last year, they popped up early (not as early as Jan. tho!) and they just kinda fizzled. The blooms looked "mushy". I got my first tomato sprout today! And the pot marigolds are really going nuts now! I'm getting paranoid about leaving them for the weekend tho-there are post-it-notes everywhere! Well, better start to pack--happy sprouting!!

#151677 March 10th, 2006 at 04:28 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Yeah, leaving plants doesn't always work. I'll cross my fingers for you and send up a little prayer.

I have a petunia sitting at the bottom of one of my impatiens and I really need to separate the two. They've been together since birth and I'm alittle worried that I'll loose one or the other but they really need to be separated. Well wish me luck I guess.

#151678 March 10th, 2006 at 10:29 AM
Looks good rozy!

#151679 March 10th, 2006 at 09:23 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
It's a good day in the starter indoor garden today lol. I have a purple hycinthia bean vine sprout and another scallion sprout. One of the Black Oil Sunflowers has sprouted. I have plenty of morning glory sprouts for my miniature trellis. And everything that I'm hardening off is still alive and looking good. So I am one happy camper. More of the crocuses are up. I wish I were a better camera person so I could get a good picture. I may try another shot later today. I think I have to wait for the afternoon sun and then get up on the slope to take the shot. Hope that works lol.

#151680 March 11th, 2006 at 12:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is having so much fun with their seeds!!! thumbup Looks great Rozy! grinnnn

Lynne, I'm not a huge nasturtium fan...they got planted this year by accident actually....I don't even remember planting them. laugh

My crocuses are starting to bloom! grinnnn

#151681 March 11th, 2006 at 01:23 AM
I just looked in on my brussel sprouts and my onions I started on Tuesday...they're all poking out! My first babies of the season...they're so cute. smile laugh I think I'll name them. wink

#151682 March 11th, 2006 at 01:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great Christina!!! thumbup

#151683 March 11th, 2006 at 01:50 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
How easy are brussel sprouts to grow and do they like sun or shade???

#151684 March 11th, 2006 at 08:21 AM
Originally posted by ChristinaC:
I just looked in on my brussel sprouts and my onions I started on Tuesday...they're all poking out! My first babies of the season...they're so cute. smile laugh I think I'll name them. wink
You are so funny Christina!!!!
laugh laugh laugh
So what are thier names?

#151685 March 11th, 2006 at 09:58 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I have more sprouts, All of the scallions have poked up a blade. Four sunflowers have come up and two brandywine. This is so cool. Today I'm going to turn the compost bin and then take some of the finished compost for the front container. Then I can start planting in there. I'm looking forward to doing that.

Well I added the larkspur to the container so now there are petunias and larkspur in there. And while I was doing that I found a 3rd type of plant in there with the larkspur and malva. This time I have no clue what they could be. But I'll leave them in the starter pot for now and maybe plant them out later and see what blooms if anything. I must have been having a very interesting day the day I planted that flat. Well hopefully my next attempt at counselling will work better than the past attempts.

#151686 March 12th, 2006 at 12:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, you're moving on with your seeds Tammy....sounds good. I have a ton of mysetery seeds here....LOL I never label...and I know I should I just get so excited to plant that I forget.

Here are the seeds I bought last night at Walmart for 25 cents a pack.

Ageratum Blue Mink--floss flower
Balsam--Camellia Mix
Cantaloupe--Hearts of Gold
Canterbury Bells--Campanula
Coleus--Rainbow Mix Pelleted
Morning Glory--Pearly Gates
Portulaca--Moss rose Pelleted
Sunflower--Autumn Beauty
Zinnia--Candy Cane Mix
Zinnia--Thumbelina

thumbup All of those for $2.50!!! Before I found the 25 cent seeds I bought the dollar packs by burpee.... :rolleyes: Now I discovered the 25 cent seeds I'll never by the Burpee ones again.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard