This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#150910 October 15th, 2006 at 12:33 PM
R
roflol Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Wrennie and Stricker remind me that I had completely bypassed the formal introduction phase at Gardener's Forum and jumped right into asking questions at the other forums like I owned the place... I am forgetful...

Anyway, I am married with 4 children (19, 15, 5 [surprise!], and 2), and 3 dogs (terrier mix age 13, and two boxers age 9). Just started caring what my front yard looks like so have begun planting things there... back yard is still the dogs' domain until they pass, so only going to plant vines on the fences there for now, and clematis on deck supports.

I like xeriscaping because I forget to water plants when it gets hot. My 5-year-old likes to garden, and grew his own tomatoes and sunflowers this summer (but wouldn't eat the tomatoes, although they were delicious). I also like the ornamental grasses.

I would like very much to eliminate 60% of the turf grass in my front yard as it is pathetic and I can't keep up with the weeds, so am replacing it with alternatives little by little. This year it was the hosta garden, and some little cut-out mulch landscaping. Next year, more shortish ornamental grasses I think.

Very glad to be here. This is one of the best gardening boards I have found so far.

gab

Hello wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
[Linked Image]

Hey there roflol! wavey
I don't feel like I don't know you, because we've been rubbing elbows in some of the same threads for a couple months now. Still, it's nice finding out a little more about you, & what makes you tick! (Ummm... I have a question though... how do you pronounce your name "roflol" ...or is there an easier name that your friends here can call you?!) kissies

wavey Jumping right in is fine with us. clp

Hi there!!

Nice to meet you!~!

Hello, and welcome to the forum! wavey

Hope to see you around!

well, hello & welcome roflol wavey gab gab

R
roflol Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the welcome, everybody.

Patty S, lol on everything you said. Amen on the not learning bits, I haven't either but I keep trying... I *think* I'm doing better with the second batch, certainly not expecting them to be little adults as much.

Re the boards, I'm a social butterfly online (not in real life, I have no social life in real life at this point) and find information in different places. But I like the interface here best. I also have the attention span of a gnat sometimes so like to look around if I don't find an answer right off, lest I forget what it was I wanted to know.

angell

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I'm a social butterfly online (not in real life, I have no social life in real life at this point)
Me, too thumbup

R
roflol Offline OP
OP Offline
R
lol, Cindy.

BTW, I keep forgetting: My name is Terri.

And before I forget again:

Penny, we visited Toronto and I'd love to get back to Canada soon to see more of it (visited the priest who married us while we were at Niagara and in the neighborhood, he's up there now).

Patty S, I fell in love with Oregon, husband's uncle is in Grant's Pass and I've been trying to get husband to get a transfer to Oregon since we visited in 1990 (no luck so far).

Princessazlea, I'm a sucker for a British accent (hooked on Dangermouse, having massive withdrawal) and someday would love to visit England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, and Australia, just to name a few.

Wrennie, badplanter: I was uprooted from Somerset, NJ, when I was 6 (39 years ago). I *can* still tawk the tawk, though. ;-)

ksgardnr: Howdy, neighbor!

Bottom line: Where I am is a nice place to visit but I don't want to die here. lol.

Hey Terri, if I lived in Missouri, I'd especially want to move to Oregon!!! laugh I gave that cold weather up when we left Montana! (I'll hafta look up Lee's Summit, but I know it gets cold EVERYWHERE in MO!)
Bottom line: Where I am is a nice place to visit but I don't want to die here. lol.
That's a good reason to get outta there & move to Oregon... the long growing season here is enough to make a person WANT to live! thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard