This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#15097 June 7th, 2004 at 04:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Miki, Been real busy, weather is good and must deal with Everything!! What are you using the H2O2 on, Is it working? Duh I can tell you more if You'll let me know what you are using it for. Like Weezie said, Ask away! My father said always ask questions...and that came back to bite him in the Butt!! laugh

#15098 June 7th, 2004 at 04:56 PM
M
M
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikizinaniisii

This should allow you to visit my plant album where I have one posted. My Butterfly Bush, who keeps looking sadder every day. It stopped growing, after the first week of rain. We have just had our first three days of sun, but it is not perking up. Any suggestions? My pumpkins are water logged still, but hopeful. You can see in the picture the bottom part of the plant is dying off.

Feel free to look around at my parrots, birds and wild life pictures too frown .
Miki

#15099 June 8th, 2004 at 06:47 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Miki,
Have you given your Butterfly Bush and "JUICE"?
Like a 10~60~10 (*or something like that)
The middle number is good for flowers and rooting.
Weezie

#15100 June 8th, 2004 at 11:17 AM
M
M
10-40-10 I think is what I used.

Miki

#15101 June 8th, 2004 at 02:20 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Yep, that sound good!! Duh

Weezie

#15102 June 9th, 2004 at 01:11 PM
M
M
The plant itself is not deep at all. The soil goes about 1/2 inches up the stem, which is how it was in the pot it came in. I am still thinking to much rain, but even though we have now had 4 or 5 rain free days, it keeps dying. I don't know if I should buy another plant at $10 a pop or just wait more. I purchased this one at a greenhouse, 3 colors to one pot. Two of the colors died off, one is left. Won't know which color until it flowers. At the rate it is dying off at, it won't flower.

Miki

#15103 June 10th, 2004 at 04:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best growth occurs in well-drained, fertile soils in full sun, although they also grow in the worst soil.They will even tolerate light shade..But..Miki, the first thing that struck me when your pic came up was that Butterfly bushes are very Drought tolerant, You are having a "moisture" problem...and You have the plant..Mulched. I would pull back the mulch around this plant ant let it dry out, use the peroxide about once a week and Wait! Hope this helps wavey

#15104 June 10th, 2004 at 05:23 PM
M
M
I knew I should have pulled back the mulch around it. Something kept telling me "Are you nuts?".

Thanks
Miki

#15105 June 11th, 2004 at 09:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I Nuts.... nutz without a doubt!! laugh
Naw, j/k Ya Miki, You are just like everyone else, anyone can look at something...4-ever, and then some one will walk up and Whammo...see something you been staring at for days!! laugh

#15106 June 12th, 2004 at 02:36 AM
M
M
The butterfly bush, (which I should be posting about in the flower section) is doing or seems to be doing better today. It has not gown in size, but it has not died any more. It has started to show signs of floral growth. This is good Yes?

Pumpkins still very yellowish, and water logged, though they were drying out nice until it rained today. One plant out of the six we put out, is dying, but not yet a lost cause. We just need to dry out. Question son wanted me to ask. The roots are exposed a tad on that pumpkin that is dying, should he dig some dirt and put it on top to cover the root? The rain is washing the top layers of the earth away. Suggestions for the pumpkin?

Miki and Son

Miki

#15107 June 23rd, 2004 at 12:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Miki and Son!, been in and out of here,sorry I missed this till now, yes, he may put dirt on the exposed roots, I had the same thing going on here. I seen a pic on the site I gave you of a pumpkin...UNDER WATER, all but the top of the leaves, tuff guys those pumpkins!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard