This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#150384 April 24th, 2006 at 04:33 AM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello everyone,
Sorry I "ran" away again. I have been very busy tryng to win my war of epic proportion against the squirrels in my new neighborhood. They wait to see where I plant my seeds then they all gather at night to dig them up.

I have been crouching night after night,in full camoflage mind you with face paint too,in the back yard trying to catch the buggers to no avail.
I had made a decision that I wasn't going to do anything in the backyard,but my urges got the best of me and I have been "playing in the dirt"
(terrible dirt) to make the backyard a little nicer than when I first moved in. As I sit here typing this I regretably have left my seeds unattended. Back into my "camo" and grabbing my gun to hopefully put an end to this war.

Don't fret,as much as I wish I had a gun,I really don't have one. I actually just run at the squirrels yelling like a maniac. The neighbors are now afraid of me laugh

I will keep the "puter" logged on and be back after I try to place something over the containers that I have planted my seeds in. Be back soon. Very tired and sick of fighting with the enemy. I may just con"seed" (ha ha) get it seed and let the enemy take what prisoners they want!!!

Wish me luck and I'll be back momentarily!!

(unless I get taken hostage sca )

#150385 April 24th, 2006 at 04:48 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
[Linked Image]

laugh laugh wavey

#150386 April 24th, 2006 at 04:53 AM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
OOOOHHH you funny lady!!!
I wish the squirrles were that neat and would replace the dirt they throw around.
I was going to sit out there far a while but there is a storm a'comin.

#150387 April 24th, 2006 at 05:11 AM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
I have one of those contraptions you plug into the wall that emits a high frequency sound that supposedly drives away mice and other rodents.

Does anyone think I could use that in my war against the squirrels???

#150388 April 24th, 2006 at 05:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could work Phoenix.....Squirrels are members of the rodent family afterall....

Sounds like you're having a pain in the butt kind of time. :p :rolleyes: :p

#150389 April 24th, 2006 at 05:30 AM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
I am Loz. How are you doing? Good I hope.
This war has REALLY gone way out of hand. Iwas outside the other night until about 3 in the morning chasing squirrels. That does not seem normal/rational to me. nutz nutz
I am slowly being driven insane by them

#150390 April 24th, 2006 at 05:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An old friend of Marks brought him down squirrel dumplings once.....I tried to act excited, but it was quite a stretch.... laugh

I'm doing good thumbup .....The birds are pulling out all of my seedlings. :p

#150391 April 24th, 2006 at 05:55 AM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
I hope you don't have the startings of a war on your hands.

#150392 April 24th, 2006 at 06:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mini war....you would've laughed at me...the other day I was watching a Starling down in one of my beds....the next thing I know it's pulling out all my tomato seedlings shk ......So I'm in my robe and slippers and go running down there like a mad woman.....I think I scare my neighbors! :rolleyes: laugh Anyway, the damage was done.....it pulled out 4 of them. :p

#150393 April 24th, 2006 at 06:16 AM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
We will have to get together after our individual wars and write a book about them.

I don't think I would be laughing at you. I'm too busy laughing at myself at 3am in camoflage with my face painted like a Marine ready to attack

#150394 April 24th, 2006 at 06:27 AM
I feel for you Phoenix and loz!!!

What the squirrels don't eat, the deer eat.
What the deer don't eat, the woodchucks eat!!!

And what they don't all eat, the GRACKLES AND STARLINGS EAT!!!

Fortunately, most of my flailing is done indoors at the sliding glass doors in the kitchen - when I see the hoards of grackles and starlings eating ALL THE SUET AND seeds I put out for the more civil birdies! mad

THEY ARE RELENTLESS!!!
I chase them away, and no sooner do I turn my back, then they are right back on the feeders!

Don yelled at me this moring for causing so much commotion -
I'm gonna start flailing at him too!!! mad mad mad

#150395 April 24th, 2006 at 06:34 AM
Hi phoenix wavey
I am no expert on squirrels. We don't see many here but there is some information that might help.
http://www.bugspray.com/article/groundsquirrel.html
It just tells you what you can use. Like Coyote Urine!! laugh

#150396 April 24th, 2006 at 06:38 AM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank You Princess,
I printed it so I can use it in the future. I think I'll try the sound emitter I have.
(since I don't have coyote urine)

#150397 April 24th, 2006 at 06:52 AM
Hi there Phoenix. Have you thought about putting out a couple of squirrel feeders and giving them stuff so they will leave your flower beds alone???

Good luck in winning the war!

#150398 April 24th, 2006 at 07:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm too busy laughing at myself at 3am in camoflage with my face painted like a Marine ready to attack

Now that I think I'd have to laugh at! laugh laugh laugh

Hope you get 'em Phoenix! muggs

#150399 April 24th, 2006 at 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
phoenix... so glad to see you for a change... but here is something that might help on the squirrel wars...

string up a couple of mobiles made out of tin pie plates (aluminum really, but granny always called them tin) or pot pie plates or anything light like that. then hang them around where you don't want the squirrels. works kind of like a squirrel scare crow. i've done it and it worked some.

anyway, best of luck to you! come back and play with us soon!

#150400 April 24th, 2006 at 05:03 PM
wavey
You guys are cracking me up! Keep it up, I love to find out who wins!!! laugh laugh laugh

#150401 April 25th, 2006 at 04:26 AM
Oh, no doubt at all Phoenix will win, it is just the getting there that we all get to enjoy and smile at laugh

#150402 May 3rd, 2006 at 07:23 AM
Hey the squirrels used to really peeve me off mad but I found that if I feed them what they really want, they leave the bird feed alone! I threw a couple pieces of scrap wood together, ran a three inch deck screw up through the bottom, and mounted them to a few trees around the yard. Screw a cob of corn on it and the squirrels just love it.

[Linked Image]

My local feed store sells this kind of corn by the gunny sack full for next to nothin. Cheaper and easier than all the cayenne pepper on the bird food and the PVC pipe around the birdfeeder pole (although it is fun to watch them try to climb that slick PVC) Heck I even climbed a tree and hung a wire down and tied the feeder on it about twelve foot away from the tree trunk 7 feet off the ground. They slid down the wire and eventually learned that from about 15 feet high in the tree they could take the flying leap and even if they couldnt hold on once they hit the feeder, it would knock enough seed out of it that they could feed comfortably on the ground. Heck, it was almost worth the cost of the seed just to watch them try to get at it! grinnnn Anyways, give it a try and good luck with the battle!

March on Squirrel Soldier!

#150403 May 3rd, 2006 at 09:51 AM
Hey Phoenix, where are you???

#150404 May 3rd, 2006 at 02:43 PM
I think Phoenix got taken hostage!

Darn it, I have a perfect picture but I don't know how to paste it here!! HELP!

#150405 May 4th, 2006 at 04:21 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Get yourself a Photobucket account..
then come back here, and go to the FULL REPLY FORM, and click on the IMAGE button..
*copy and paste the picture you want* and put it in the image box..*make sure you delete the http// thing that's in there and highlighted blue..*

Keep us posted if you need more help!!! thumbup

#150406 May 4th, 2006 at 06:19 AM
THanks, Weezie. Got the Photobucket account, now working out the details! kissies

#150407 May 4th, 2006 at 06:22 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard