This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#150356 October 26th, 2006 at 07:59 AM
M
Marina Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi all smile

I don't know if folks still remember me. I was posting this spring and summer and starting my first veggie garden. In mid- late june a series of events:

1. Late June heavy rains in my area caused the ceiling in much of my condo to collapse forcing an emergency move of our stuff (a lot of which we lost) that remained into a storage area and us to sleep on the floor, temporary housing, etc for almost 3 months.

2. Just as that was getting better my SO suffered a major medical problem causing him to be out of work and much stress and heart ache in our lives.

3. I skipped a semester at law school to care for him and start a new (better paying job) to support us, fix our place (denied by insurance for the claim... grrrrr!!!).

4. I saddly had to let the garden completely go, overgrow and really make me depressed because I just slaved over it and worked so hard, and got so much guidance and help and friendship from so many people here. I was too embarassed to post, I didn't know what to say ;( I just let it get to be a total wreck, and I was too overwhelmed to deal with it.

But NOW.... the condo is back with all its roof and walls, our bed is our bedroom, we have couches, we have much more clothes to wear and our kitties are running happily around our place. He is back at work and 100% healthy and I am going back to school in the spring. I love my new job and am keeping it when I go back to school (I go part time at night).

And as a garden update.... even though my garden and yard look a horrible mess (I still haven't gotten the motivation and love for it again after the mess that was this summer) the spaghetti squash I planted from seed in the early summer took over and is producing to the point we it about 3 times a week. its amazing, after so long for it to come back and just produce like that!

#150357 October 26th, 2006 at 08:17 AM
I remember you, Marina!!! It's so nice to have you back. I'm sorry for all the heartache and strife you have suffered over the last few months. It's no wonder you didn't have the heart or energy for the garden.

Please, don't ever,ever,ever be embarrased to post about anything going on in your life. That is not what this forum is all about! Nobody here will critisize you or think badly if you don't have a "Martha Stewart" garden. What you would get around here is love and support. (I know there's even some members that don't even have a garden laugh laugh )

Welcome Back, Marina!!! wavey kissies

#150358 October 26th, 2006 at 08:27 AM
Oh Marina, what a terrible time you have had.

One thing about us here is we are a big ole family and when one of us is hurt, all of us are hurting so please do not feel bad about posting something sad going on in your life. Let us be here for you!

Glad to see you back!

#150359 October 26th, 2006 at 10:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
marina kissies so glad to have you back, and in school again! my daughter is contemplating law school... any words of wisdom for her?

#150360 October 26th, 2006 at 11:37 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
But NOW.... the condo is back with all its roof and walls, our bed is our bedroom, we have couches, we have much more clothes to wear and our kitties are running happily around our place. He is back at work and 100% healthy and I am going back to school in the spring.
I am so glad things are better!
...and so sorry you have gone through so much.

I love spaghetti squash! grinnnn
Brennan (grandson) grew some this summer from some of the seeds we got out of one had for supper when he was here one night. laugh

Glad you are back with us!

Cindy

#150361 October 27th, 2006 at 02:38 AM
M
Marina Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I wanted to thank you all for your kind replies, I really appreciate them and you all smile

Jiffy, the only advice I can offer an incoming law student is...reconsider smile But seriously, law school requires a level of scheduling and attention to detail not usually needed in undergrad. You'll spend your first year a slave to the books but keeping something you love in your life is essential, if not you'll just go batty!!

#150362 October 27th, 2006 at 05:00 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Marina,
Very sorry to hear all about last handfull
of months..
That is quite the "load" to carry...
*Good to hear you're still a bit up beat
about it and everything..*
That's half the battle when you keep your sense
of humor and not let all the "worries" get you down...

I was too embarassed to post, I didn't know what to say ;( I just let it get to be a total wreck, and I was too overwhelmed to deal with it.

I can relate with that TOTALLY~~~> thumbup :rolleyes:
I had one momma woodchuck have 5 babies this summer and they ate my entire garden mad frown :p eek ters I got so discussed my self..
So, I know exactly how you're feelin'..
*and I didn't even get one big tomato...
she/they ate everyone..*

But I won't let that get me down, or not plant one next year.. I'll just have to figure out a way to thwart them next year...

And don't ever too embarassed to post,
We're always glad to help and get you thru the bad times.. *and weed times* wink

#150363 November 1st, 2006 at 06:33 AM
Welcome Home, Marina!

I've been wondering about you. I'm sorry all your decorating plans for the condo we discussed earlier in the year were waylaid by the emergencies you endured.

It is GREAT that you have an intact dry home again and some real furniture!

And, not to be completely redundant (that is only to be expected on any forum where EVERYBODY likes to chat!) NEVER, EVER, AND I MEAN NEVER EVER feel embarrassed to post!

Keeping in touch is what its all about. You were missed.

It is lovely to see you again.

Merme

#150364 November 1st, 2006 at 09:30 AM
Marina, of course we remember you ! I'm sad that you've had to go through so much, but glad you're getting back to normal.
How could I forget you-you got me hooked on radish sandwiches !
Hmmm.... oh, yeah, I got red strings again... Argh ! Next time for sure ! Uh, maybe..... shocked

Link Copied to Clipboard