This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#150288 August 24th, 2006 at 11:52 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
This is the block I started with.
[Linked Image]

I then joined the sides together to make sleeves.
[Linked Image]

This is how it looked on Lys at that point.
[Linked Image]

Then I added a collar. That is where I an not to happy with it. The length is getting good in the back but the sides are too short and I do not want her to have a really large collar.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So I am playing with it some. Good thing I am using scrap yarn. Once I get it right, I am going to make one with a lighter weight yard that is kinda fuzzy.

I am thinking I should work a horseshoe and do the back first and then the front rather than working around the opening. Any thoughts?

#150289 August 24th, 2006 at 12:32 PM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Don't ask me, I don't know nuttin' 'bout no crochet.

#150290 August 24th, 2006 at 01:33 PM
Triss - I do think it was looking very good until the color change. Also - maybe the loose open weave of the lighter color doesn't fit with the tighter more closed weave of the darker color - make any sense?

I don't know anything about horseshoe and crocheting, but maybe if you kept it all one color?

I agree, the collar is a bit too large for such a young girl.

Sorry I'm not much help, but I'm sure whatever you work out will look great on Lys!

#150291 August 25th, 2006 at 12:46 AM
Very nice Triss...i have no complaints here, since i dont knit, to me it looks fine?

#150292 August 26th, 2006 at 05:29 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Well I have put it aside for a bit. I was getting frustrated. Going to pick up some lighter weight yarn and try again. All is good though, I like playing with new patterns. I think I know what I want to do with it, just cannot get it to look right with the heavy yarn I am using.

Oh and I totally agree Lynne, all one color!

Link Copied to Clipboard