This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#148969 December 21st, 2006 at 09:58 PM
BroDoug Offline OP
OP Offline
Just checking back in. Been gone most of the year. I hope everyone has a nice gardening experience this coming year. I had a banana tree that had banana's on it this year. They did not fully develope but was very nice to have comments from people around here. My first comment came from my postman. He said he was wondering what I was planting out the past 3 years. Sometime later I may post a few pic's I took of it. I have saved 1 pup from it and gave away 4 others. I have it in my basement and probably will be about 2 more years before it produces like it parent.

Well everyone have a Merry Christmas and I may see about trading a few seeds again this year

Bro. Doug

#148970 December 24th, 2006 at 11:29 PM
Good morning B.D. glad to hear that your banana not only produced, but also pupped! If you take the "hand" of bananas and hang them upside down in a fairly protected place (like a warm garage) they will ripen. Left on the tree it takes 180 days- which is too long for any real warmth outside where you are.
Congrats tho- banana trees that produce in Illinois means you are doing the green thumb jig!
rock on!
L

#148971 December 28th, 2006 at 09:35 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
How long have you been growing banana's???

And how do you keep them growing zone 5 or so?
What kind of lighting and heat do you have for them..

Would love to see some pictures if you have them...

Link Copied to Clipboard