This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#148773 October 24th, 2006 at 09:09 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Have you heard the heart beat yet before?????

It's absolutely fascinating and scarey at
the same time.....when you hear it for the first time... so cool, to me it sounded like horse's hooves clomping on pavement like..

*of course for me, by the end of my pregnancy,
and I was hooked up sooooooo many times, it got to be a bit annoying..*

but keep us posted on how you and the wee~one are doing... thumbup clp

#148774 October 24th, 2006 at 11:58 PM
Let us know after your sono. Congrats! And...

Pink! flw Pink! flw Pink! flw

#148775 October 25th, 2006 at 12:32 AM
Oh how exciting! I will be thinking PINK for you though! Keep us posted!

#148776 October 25th, 2006 at 09:18 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Everything went well today. They moved my due date up a week to May 20th. Baby's heart beat was 170 and the doctor was happy with all of the measurements they took. Thank you all for your warm wishes, you have no idea what they mean to me kissies
weezie 13 I was going to add that hearing his/her heartbeat for the first time was as amzing as it was with my other two. I can't wait to meet him/her!
Gail
PS There is only one baby!

#148777 October 25th, 2006 at 10:08 AM
Gail, I was so looking forward to a message from you today and to see it and hear that all went well is the best news at the end of a long day. Congratulations again. Looking forward to more news as your pregnancy goes along.

How are you feeling?

#148778 October 25th, 2006 at 04:55 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Surprising well. The only thing is I'm straving all the time, but don't have much of an appetite! I've been munching on dry cereal and apples. I can feel my ligaments stretching and my breasts are tender, and I can't sleep mad Hoping that changes next trimester....

#148779 October 25th, 2006 at 10:30 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
When I had my first one, I had absolutely nothing wrong, *and I thought to myself, "What
are all these women complaining about?"* Duh

Well, the second kid, rewrote the entire book..
I had morning sickness, afternoon sickness, evening sickness and in the middle of the night sickness, for 4 1/2 months, and couldn't eat much of anything....
then just as that seemed to diminish, I had a MIGRAINE from the top of my eyebrows to the top of my spine for 1 and a 1/2 months...STRAIGHT, there was absolutely NO LET UP... then I supposedly developed gestational diabetes, *but it was so low I seriously disputed it...* and I had varicose veins pop out of my legs that I thought when I put my legs down they'd explode on to the walls shk ... and then ended up with a C~section...
Whew...
*if you were a new mom, I wouldn't tell all that shk frown lala wink *

And I didn't get PINK either... eek

So, keep us posted.. we love to hear all about babies.. *can never get enough of them here*

#148780 October 25th, 2006 at 11:58 PM
Weezie, that sure sounds like my pregnancy with Zack. I lived on bananas and saltines as that was all I could keep down for the first 4 months. And the headaches... ohhhhh man they were awful.

Glad you are feeling good so far Gail and I hope the sleep comes soon! Are the boys excited about a new sibling?

#148781 October 26th, 2006 at 07:52 AM
G
OP Offline
G
I was so sick when I was pg with Craig. Morning, afternoon, night, yuck! With Logan, everything had a metallic taste to it. I also had pre-term labour, which they finally discovered was the result of an UTI. Every time they treated it, I got a yeast infection. Then they treat the yeast and I'd get a UTI. Talk about breaking the circle... This time around, I have the migraines, but have been able to keep them in check this far. I'm also experiencing light headness, especially when I first get out of bed in the am, or if I get up to quickly. But all in all, things are going well.
Craig's telling everyone he has a baby in his belly. He's three so it's rather cute grinnnn Logan will be two in December, so I'm not sure how much he gets. I think they'll both be excellent big brothers. Craig was a little jealous of Logan in the beginning, but soon adjusted. I'm hoping the boys will have a smooth transition this time around. Anyone have any experiences/advice they care to share??? I love hearing about everyone else...

#148782 October 26th, 2006 at 07:57 AM
WOW, yours are as close together as mine. Logan will have the hardest time since he is the baby now and will be becoming the middle child. He is young enough that he will not be able to help as much as Craig so my advice would be to find lots of things he can do to help with the baby like making diapers and wipes easily accesible for him to bring to you.

I used to feed the new baby on the couch and let the older ones take turns sitting with me so they could touch the new addition and be a part of the feedings. I think it helps them to all be closer.

As for the migraines. Have some chocolate by your bed and take it as you are sitting there strectching before you wake up. The sugar and caffeine will help with the headaches. Orange juice will help with the light headedness first thing in the morning.

#148783 October 26th, 2006 at 08:02 AM
G
OP Offline
G
So now I have an excuse to eat chocolate dev I was just looking at your pumpkin patch pictures, and was thinking how close your boys' ages will be to mine. Craig and Logan are 20 months apart, and Logan and this baby will be 29 months apart.

#148784 October 26th, 2006 at 08:05 AM
Lys and Jon are 23 months apart, then Mikey 18 months later and Charlie 15 months after that. You will have it a lot easier since yours are a bit farther apart.

#148785 October 26th, 2006 at 08:06 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I liked finding some lunch pails/boxes...
and filled them with some "fun~stuff" for the
oldest.. when I was feeding the baby...
Sometimes there was food, sometimes toys..
a book, some McDonalds' toys' I'd saved up,
just stuff..

He liked them, but he liked his tv too,
and we loved "Little Bear" and he ended up
really into LB and I didn't even do the lunch pails much..

But he always liked snuggling at the end of the day, although he was displaced by the baby..
I'd sit him on the arm rest area on the couch..
and he'd rest his head on my shoulder...
*and between the two of them, they'd "COOK" me and I'd fall asleep..
*To this day, I still can't sit on the couch
cause I fall asleep, almost within 15 minutes..*

#148786 October 26th, 2006 at 08:24 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
My mother had 3 kids in 30 months...
Wheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!~
That's just NOT RIGHT!!

I was wayyy later...
*keepin' warm in the winter time..* wink wink wink laugh :rolleyes:

#148787 October 26th, 2006 at 08:41 AM
Hey, I had 3 in 33 months, what is wrong with that laugh laugh laugh It is hard on the body though, that is for sure!

#148788 October 27th, 2006 at 07:03 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Gardengal/Kristen is due in a couple of weeks now.....
I can't wait to hear about hers' too, it's her first!! thumbup clp

#148789 October 27th, 2006 at 07:38 AM
Oh I did not know we had another member expecting right now. Does she know if she is having a boy or girl yet?

#148790 October 27th, 2006 at 07:58 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Not that I know of, the last time I talked to her...
She said she'd stop by in the returning members
and give us a shout!!!

#148791 October 27th, 2006 at 08:09 PM
G
OP Offline
G
I don't know if I can wait 9 months (not that I have a choice!) We have to figure out where everyone will be sleeping. Hubby and I are thinking we may have to move. I don't fancy the idea of selling the house, buying another one and packing everything up, but we'll see how things go.
weezie13- isn't snuggling the best???

#148792 October 27th, 2006 at 08:18 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
We're very cramped here..
We have 2 bedrooms w/4 people...
and the one room the boys have is small,
just enough for a bunk bed for the 2 and
a computer desk and a dresser and not much more.. eek
I have all of my second one's toys and clothes
in the one end of the living room...
Makes it really cramped..
And it's not always so happy.. but it's what we have..
If you can move and spread out, I know there's
a bigggggg hassle in moving, but the end result is so much more happier for all parties' involved later...

Originally posted by gardeningmomma:
weezie13- isn't snuggling the best???
I think soooooo... I can't imagine not snugglin'..
and they grow up soooooooo fast, and they don't snuggle forever..
so grab the time you can while they're young...

#148793 October 27th, 2006 at 08:54 PM
The Dingbat's Buddy
The Dingbat's Buddy
Sorry I'm so late with this.

[Linked Image]

Pink,Pink,Pink,Pink,Pink!

#148794 October 27th, 2006 at 11:52 PM
Stuffing kids in when they are young is not too bad. We have a 3 bedroom house and 6 kids. 2 in one room with bunk beds and 4 in the other with 2 sets of bunks. Works out great and I figure we have at least a couple of years before we need to go bigger.

#148795 October 28th, 2006 at 12:01 PM
G
OP Offline
G
I don't know what we'll do yet. This always was meant to be a starter home, and now I'm not so sure I want to move. Luckily, it's not something that has to be decided today. The earliest we'd consider moving is in the Summer, after the baby is here. We bought this house when I was pregnant with Craig and it snowed the day we moved. :p Cats didn't talk to me for days!!!

#148796 October 28th, 2006 at 11:52 PM
Are you able to add on there?

#148797 October 30th, 2006 at 02:06 PM
G
OP Offline
G
I guess we could. Haven't really thought much about that...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard