This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#148043 September 29th, 2006 at 08:55 AM
jmacd Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

I would like to take down the vertical blinds but use the head rail and sliding clips to hang some lightweight curtains instead. Any thoughts on how this might work? Can I just hook curtain hooks onto the hardware somehow? Has anyone done this?
Maybe I'm the only one out here who doesn't care for the verticals. They were in the house when I bought it, and have been aching to get rid of them and put up some regular traditional curtains that will go with my "cottage" look.

Thanks, for any suggestions.

Janet

#148044 October 2nd, 2006 at 03:29 AM
Hi Janet... You could just go to family dollar or a shop like that and get regular curtain rods for about a buck a piece..

#148045 October 7th, 2006 at 09:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep I'd do what Rita said and get some rods at Dollar General, Family Dollar, or Walmart....they don't cost much. I'd take all the blind hardware down too.

When we bought our home the big front windows had a setup like you have and I took it all down and went to Walmart and bought really long rods because the windows are 5 feet wide.....pretty cheap and it turned out good. I got some decorative metal curtain tiebacks for the sides too.....

I'm a curtain person....although in quite a few of my windows I have pull blinds and curtains, so people can't see in.

Link Copied to Clipboard