This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#146076 September 30th, 2006 at 09:06 AM
OP Offline
I'm supposed to meet MR. margaret e. pell tomorrow!!! thumbup

#146077 September 30th, 2006 at 04:17 PM
Darn, Lynne!
What kind of work does Margaret do? Isn't there a way to go & meet her during her lunch break or something? That's just too bad if you get that close & then ...go home with a fish tank & never meet the member of our cyber family who gave it to you! [Linked Image]

Have a good time at the craft festival, & in your very own words... WE WANT PICS! (Even if they're pics of "MR. Margaret"!) grinnnn

#146078 September 30th, 2006 at 07:48 PM
OP Offline
Thanks, Patty!

I spoke with Ed late last night and got directions - sounds pretty easy from the fairgrounds - watch me get lost now that I said that! laugh perpl

I'll take my camera with me, but I'm not sure about asking to take pictures -
I can be pretty shy when I don't know a person.
WHAT??? CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ONE?!? yeppers... shocked shocked shocked

It says in Margaret's profile, that she's a med lab tech, so I don't imagine I could pull her out of a lab to meet up with her, ya know?

#146079 September 30th, 2006 at 08:26 PM
Are you saying that your bark is worse than your bite? (CHICKEN!) p You're so brave here! laugh

All you have to do is say to Ed, "If Margaret has told you anything about the forum, you'll understand why I'd better not show my face back there without pictures...."! grinnnn (Make up the rest... At least, come back with one of a flower from her yard!)

Now, carry on! [Linked Image]

#146080 September 30th, 2006 at 08:34 PM
OP Offline
WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP SO EARLY ON A SATURDAY MORNING, PATTY?!?
Don't you know that you should be sleeping in for me?!?

well... I guess since I'll probably never see him again, I can embarass myself by asking...

See ya later!

#146081 September 30th, 2006 at 09:43 PM
I had to get up for a pit stop & decided to peek in "for a minute" Lynne, to see if you were here! grinnnn It didn't look like you were, but I wanted to reply to your post in case you came back before you left. (Are you being invisible? If so, KNOCK IT OFF!) [Linked Image]

My "minute" has turned into more than an hour (again!) :rolleyes: so I'm going back to bed & finish sleeping! ...but I'll try to sleep in for you when I'm done! laugh

Have fun! [Linked Image]

#146082 September 30th, 2006 at 10:20 PM
Have a great time Lynne and i cant wait to hear how it went!!

#146083 October 1st, 2006 at 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Patty S:

All you have to do is say to Ed, "If Margaret has told you anything about the forum, you'll understand why I'd better not show my face back there without pictures...."! grinnnn (Make up the rest... At least, come back with one of a flower from her yard!)

Now, carry on! [Linked Image]
DITTO DITTO DITTO TO THAT PATTY!! laugh laugh

Can ya hear me Lynne???
laugh laugh

#146084 October 1st, 2006 at 12:06 PM
So how did the trip go Lynne and were you able to meet up with Margaret afterall?

#146085 October 1st, 2006 at 09:18 PM
How was the trip Lynne???

#146086 October 1st, 2006 at 10:39 PM
OP Offline
The trip was fine. We got there around 4:30, and first met Ed and their 2 pretty dogs. The Irish Setter was so friendly, she kept jumping up on Rhonda for pets - it was ok - Rhonda is a dog lover and was happy about that. The black lab wasn't too sure about us, and barked a bit til it went outside. (Sorry, I've forgotten their names) Then into their livingroom, where Soren (11 years old) was hiding under a blanket. Coaxed him out easily and he was a very sweet boy.

WOW, was there a lot of stuff in bags for me to take with the tank - all the equipment, and a book too! I haven't had time to go through it all yet, because I got a little lost coming back out from where they live, and traffic was heavy on the thruway so we got home much later than I thought - after 8p.m.!

My friend and I bagged the fish, before Ed drained the rest of the water. We were accompanied by their 2 pretty cats. Several trips out to the car, and we were good to go. Unfortunately, we were not able to meet Margaret - such a shame.

Oh, and before we took off... after sweating a bit while getting things ready...
getting more wet doing it... and in the rain...
(can you say I was a bit wet??? laugh Duh )

[Linked Image]

#146087 October 1st, 2006 at 10:44 PM
I cant wait to see some pictures Lynne!!!

#146088 October 1st, 2006 at 10:47 PM
OP Offline
Penny - see above your post?
It was the only one we took - we were standing in the drizzle.
Soren was a bit camera-shy and ran into the house - that's ok -
I winced and she clicked the shutter too! shocked laugh Duh

#146089 October 2nd, 2006 at 01:05 AM
WElll Nice to see you Lynne!!!! Duh wink Too bad you didn't get to met Margaret but there'll be another time right??
I really miss my aquarium,, they can be soooo relaxing to watch , Looks like you have work & fun to do I loved picking out the fish and nameing them lala laugh are you going to post a pic when you get it all set up?

Hope you got some good rest last night!!

#146090 October 2nd, 2006 at 06:36 AM
OP Offline
Hi Diane - I had posted a picture when I visited Wrennie at her store during the summer - you even commented on it - that's ok - I can't remember 2 minutes ago! Duh

Here's a link to that photo:

Wrennie and Lynne

I spent most of the afternoon washing some things out and setting up the tank. It is temporarily on the counter down in our finished basement, until we get the new carpet in there, and find a suitable table to put it on. Or it might come up here to be with me in the computer room - but more people will see it downstairs. Only problem is, we can't figure out how to completely assemble the filter. Don has most of it together, and has emailed the company to see if they have a manual online.

Otherwise, I'll be PMing Margaret to see if she can help - I'll take pictures of the pieces that we're not quite sure about.

It's such a nice sized tank - can't wait to get it settled into the right spot! thumbup

#146091 October 2nd, 2006 at 08:10 AM
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
Hi Diane - I had posted a picture when I visited Wrennie at her store during the summer - you even commented on it - that's ok - I can't remember 2 minutes ago!

Here's a link to that photo:

Wrennie and Lynne
Ohhhh Yeah!! Sorry I've sleep since then and the older I get the more memory cells I lose in my sleep Duh lala laugh

#146092 October 2nd, 2006 at 09:09 AM
OP Offline
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by angelblossom:
<strong>I couldn't have an aquarium in my computer room. I'd catch myself staring at it *mesmerized* losing even more memory cells and forget what I was even doing on the computer Duh thumbup

#146093 October 2nd, 2006 at 08:00 PM
I cant wait to see some pictures Lynne...where ever you decide to put it!!

#146094 October 4th, 2006 at 09:54 AM
OP Offline
Put a couple of pictures in my thread in Critters. thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard