This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#145074 January 15th, 2006 at 01:38 PM
Vanessa, I just can't tell you how totally THRILLED I am for you! That's a PALACE! You are going to have SOOO much enjoyment, fixing that place up & settling in! Sure it's gunna be a lot of work, but my oh my, the rewards! Looks like Peanut is going to love it, too! I'm SO happy! kissies

#145075 January 15th, 2006 at 01:42 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I am just SOOOO anxious!!! I wanna get started ....YESTERDAY!!! laugh

I also meant to tell you that I found a garage outlet store in Little Rock and went to check it out...OMG...I could NOT believe the quality stuff they had for almost nothing! I had priced a mirror for the bathroom (the one there is cracked bad) at Wal~mart...it was like $15.00...I found the same exact one at this outlet place for $6.00....they also have beautiful lamps, decorative items and some furniture at dirt prices...next to nothing. So now I know where to go when I get ready to do some of that stuff...
I am going to be checking the other furniture outlets next week for ....are you ready.....A MATTRESS...I'm gonna have me a BED!!!! That will be my house warming gift..... thumbup

~V~

~V~

#145076 January 15th, 2006 at 01:43 PM
YEAH!!!!!!

#145077 January 15th, 2006 at 02:03 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
I love these kinds of houses smile There's always something to do there! I'll definately be keeping up with this one!

#145078 January 15th, 2006 at 08:35 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Oh, Vanessa! I am so happy for you! thumbup

#145079 January 15th, 2006 at 09:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sooooooo EXCITED for ya'll.Nessa. That is a wonderful looking home thumbup I can't wait to see what you do with that entranceway...I can foresee some beautiful gardening there!

I'm really happy to see that you finally have a BIG kitchen again,don't know what I'd do without mine.

The chandelier in the dining room is really pretty and I love the one in your bedroom.

Why are you getting rid of the hardwood floors?...they're so Pretty !

#145080 January 15th, 2006 at 10:11 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Hardwood floors are nice & really pretty...if you don't have kids and have time & energy for the upkeep. I would have to rent a sander, restain and finish them...they are really in BAD shape after 5 years of renters. I don't know if you remember the pics of the floor I laid at the other house..it was a mock slate tile...looked exactly like stone and I really loved it. It was a very durable and long lasting flooring...and a breeze to keep up.
The light fixture were beautiful in their day. I couldn't get a close up of them because of lighting...but the one in the dining room is only half there..and the hit it with something and it is wonkerjawed over half the glass peices are missing.
Starting with a new slate...well...the dining and living room will be for sure since I sold all of the living room...down to the rug & wall hangings..the only thing I kept was my free standing clock. The same for the dining room...but I would have had to do it differently anyway since my kitchen & dining room were all one room in the other house and are seperate here...I LOVE that...now the kids willbe able to actually sit down to eat! Well...after I replace the table that is... laugh

~V~

#145081 January 15th, 2006 at 11:00 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
That looks like a geat house Vanessa that add on makes my back hurt just looking at it. Once you get it all done you will have a home to be very proud of. I am so happy for you.
Jimmy

#145082 January 15th, 2006 at 11:22 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Well, Jimmy..pray hard that the sellers except our offer of paying for half of the repairs...if they do then the CONTRACTOR will be doing all of the hard back breaking stuff. All I will have to do is paint & lay flooring....I have never ever been able to use a contractor to do the work...that is why I had to learn to do finish work! I can lay some mean trim I tell ya! laugh I really don't mind the "work" it just really bothered me here that we were doing it for nothing and finally just stopped and strted try to live around the mess!
The painting will be a breeze because I have a hard working DIL that is ALWAYS willing to help me...I would like to have the bulk of it done before spring tho, so I can devote most of my time to the yard.. grinnnn If you all could have seen how hard Peabut & goatbaby were playing in the yard yesterday ....you would realize for sure how much we NEED that yard.

~V~

#145083 January 15th, 2006 at 11:38 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
I could never do the carpenter and trim work but seemed like always had a friend or family around that was willing to do it for a beer or a meal. I wired all my houses if they needed it as well as did some plumbing as needed. Praying hard they will accept and pay half. Looks like garage needs to be gutted just leave roof and start new on the sides and shelving.
Jimmy

#145084 January 16th, 2006 at 12:41 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Looks like garage needs to be gutted just leave roof and start new on the sides and shelving.
That's the plan for the garage..it will be closed in completely.
I have to draw the line at electrical stuff...I am sure I could learn butI am kind of afraid of electricity for some reason! Dayne was my electrician...he could do anything. And..I had friends that would pitch in and do things like that at the other house...but I don't know anyone here so that will limit me to having to hire someone to do the stuff I cannot do...hub has never been much of a "handy man" although he has attempted to lear the past few years...it just goes faster & more smoothly if I just do it myself and be done with it!

~V~

#145085 January 16th, 2006 at 02:02 AM
Hi Nessa ~

Looking over these photos again this morning, I was sitting here dreaming about your front yard. How nice that is going to be!

And I had a small thought... wouldn't it be neat if eventually you could repeat the arbor around the front door itself, a smaller version to echo the visual impact of the other one?

Just a bit of whimsey for ya.

Merme

#145086 January 16th, 2006 at 02:34 AM
Vanessa, I am so excited for you. Wish I was close to give you a hand, I am the handywoman in my area here. I love carpentry.

What's the size of your house without the garage or add on, if you don't mind me asking.

#145087 January 16th, 2006 at 03:08 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I don't have a clue Tamara...I haven't seen the specs yet so I really don't know how to even gestimate it!

Merme...I was actually thinking of adding another arbor above the gate that will be in the front yard. I am afrain that putting one at the front door might be awkward because of the door actually being up a few steps and it would only be a short distance from the arbor that is already there...it will just take someplaying with...once I spend a little more time there I will have a better feel of the place. Right now my MIND IS there...and I cannot seem to get it back here...

~V~

#145088 January 16th, 2006 at 03:15 AM
I was just wondering because it looks about the size of mine, small but cozy. The smaller the house the cheaper to keep it in shape.

#145089 January 16th, 2006 at 03:17 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
Uh yep Weez, you are correct..that isn't my bedroom...I made a boo boo...I was a little shakey...I thought I had blown up the forum earlier....Bill would have just KILLED me... laugh

~V~
I thought you blew it up toooooo... wink wink laugh

I am just as excited as you are I think...
I just love that picture of your bedroom
*this time* so adorable..

I think I saw a picture of the back yard,
and that's cute too...I'll have to go back
and take another peak or I was dreaming it..

#145090 January 16th, 2006 at 04:35 AM
Oh, Vanessa - I'm so very excited for you!!! Duh

Your yards look like really decent sizes!
I can imagine how your heart swells when you see Peanut and Goatbaby playing out there! thumbup
What fun you'll have planning new gardens!

Hope the sellers work with you, and that you can get everything going quickly now.
And... congrats on finding that great garage store!

#145091 January 16th, 2006 at 05:09 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
yep, there is a pic of the backyard. I forgot to walk around and take a pic of the back of the garage area though...I am going to make a patio area out of that space!
I have a ton of plans in my head...I just don't want to have 10 projects started and going on at the same time...I like to start and get one COMPLETELY done and then move on to the next

#145092 January 16th, 2006 at 05:11 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Hope the sellers work with you, and that you can get everything going quickly now.
Okay...that's the new prayer hot off the press!

~V~

#145093 January 16th, 2006 at 07:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG, that house is so cute! We looked at many houses around here that needed work too so I can relate...but you know what, it can be done...and you'll be able to do it just the way you want it to be done! thumbup

I love being able to see the pictures of it & I'm praying for you guys! thumbup

#145094 January 17th, 2006 at 06:38 AM
vanessa,

what a superb romantic house,i can already imagine it with a lot of beautifull flowers and that arch in front is simply divine for vines.

doesn t matter if you don t do anything to the outside for this year cause with the gorgeous garden you gonna make,it s gonna look soooo romantic....

and as for the small bathroom..simply means that to save space you gonna have to be 2 in the shower,doesn it. laugh laugh kissies

#145095 January 17th, 2006 at 10:33 AM
vanessa I'm soooo happy for ya'll!!! I LOVE that house! I can't wait to see pictures when the house is fixed up!! good luck! you'll be in my prayers too smile

#145096 January 17th, 2006 at 11:59 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay...that's the new prayer hot off the press!
Well, as of yesterday they aren't real interested in helping with the repairs...of course I can understand that is the reason they have the house priced like it is....but I was sure hopeing they would help! So...I am spending the morning trying to figure out just what we will be able to do. Hub wants to go back and look at the "other" housewe looked at...because it is less ...and he is thinking that with the lower price, we might be able to aford the repairs on it easier. But...I promise I am NOT trying to be picky, I just LOVE this house so much...and the other one just didn't have that "homey" feeling for me. I know we have to do what will be more affordable to us right now...but the Ferguson house just has so much potential...and I really am comfortable in it...so..I'm not giving up..I am gonna try everything I can think of to make it work out!!!

~V~

#145097 January 18th, 2006 at 12:05 AM
Vanessa...we're all praying you get that house! And I don't pray!
If you could see where we live...well, it's much better than the add on from he!!, but it's a dump. That's okay, though, we have 20 acres. I spend more time by far planting trees and gardening than I do working on the house, but we'll get it done eventually. I know you'll have your dream home REALLY soon, it will just work out somehow. thumbup

#145098 January 18th, 2006 at 02:11 AM
Vanessa, I am still praying that you get "your" house. I know how it feels to get your hopes up to just have them dashed down to the ground...

I have always wanted a home that I could remodel. You might have your work cut out for you, but you will have so much fun getting it exactly the way that you want it...

Dianna

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard