This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#144020 August 22nd, 2006 at 02:00 PM
B
Bill Offline OP
The Garden Helper
OP Offline
The Garden Helper
B
A couple came to visit yesterday (and enjoy my gardens?).
They brought their POS kid with them.
He caught my pet frog in the bird bath, and squeezed him til he popped! eek
What is wrong in this world when people raise kids who would do that? When I catch the dad I will pop him!

That is so, so, so wrong! ters

#144021 August 22nd, 2006 at 02:40 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Bill...I hate that. ters

What is wrong in this world when people raise kids who would do that?
Awhile back Brennan had a pool party...and he found a frog in the skimmer. As he was taking it to the edge of the woods to turn it loose, a boy that was there grabbed it and said, "Let's run over it with the bike!"

Brennan started screaming...then Rachel got the frog away from the boy and turned it loose, and gave him a pretty stern talking to right in front of his parents who were sitting there. His parents didn't say anything at all to him, that it was wrong to run over that frog with the bicycle. ters

#144022 August 22nd, 2006 at 02:46 PM
Oh Bill, that is just horrible!!!! ters I cannot believe a parent would sit and let their child do that or that a parent upon hearing something like that would not give the child a good talking to!!!!

Sometimes people just SUCK!

#144023 August 22nd, 2006 at 02:58 PM
oh, Bill! kissies

I'm so sorry that little boy is not being raised to respect creatures of all sizes and types. What a disservice those parents are doing to him and the world.

So sorry...

#144024 August 22nd, 2006 at 03:12 PM
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
That is just the reason I wont let people bring kids to see my animals tried it made a granddaughter mad when I told her son not to poke his finger at my birds or hit my dogs. I don't need company that bad. My animals will not be abused by anyone child or adult. I don't abuse animals and nobody will around me. frown mad mad

#144025 August 22nd, 2006 at 03:22 PM
Jimmy, I am with you there. We may not have pets right now, but my kids sure as h*** know better than to torture or mistreat ANY animal!

#144026 August 22nd, 2006 at 04:34 PM
Bill, I'm so sorry to hear about your pet frog! Duh Give me a break!!! nutz

#144027 August 22nd, 2006 at 04:39 PM
There has GOT to be something extremely aberrant in a child who would purposefully harm a living creature. That is NOT normal childhood behavior!

Think of it: we start them out with "See the nice doggy? See the pretty kitty? The duck says quack quack!"

And kids LOVE that stuff ... from soft caterpillers to butterflies sweeping past. Little ones are naturally tenderhearted unless something has gone badly wrong... either in the way they were parented or inside their minds.

THAT really scares me for what is being unleased on the world coming from a kid like that? Today a frog... tomorrow, what?

Very spooky and very sad.

Bill, I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Merme

#144028 August 22nd, 2006 at 05:33 PM
I am so sorry, Bill. That is an awful thing to have happen.

#144029 August 22nd, 2006 at 06:16 PM
my pet frog
OMG, Bill! ters
I assume you're talking about Dude?

(What a horrible thing to happen to ANY creature, & what a sad loss for you, Cedar Hill... and US.)

When hearts are heavy, words are few. I'm just so sorry ters

#144030 August 22nd, 2006 at 11:09 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Sorrrry, to hear about your frog..

I think a bunch of those people's relatives' live on my street... a couple of houses' down on either side of me.....

They're always wanting to squish my spiders, or shovel a worm in half, or poke sticks' at moths' or chase down grasshoppers' and they think it's funny..
I am always out with the kids' and the neighborhood boys when they are here, and they look at me like I have 3 heads cause I yell at them for hurting "animals" in my yard...
I tell them I have a sign all around my property that says, Animal sanctuary..welcome.
***D@mn woodchucks' can read those signs too frown ***
but I finally have my oldest one saving the worms in his dirt pile *he yells over and says, Mommmmmmmm, got another worm for you* and they are actually picking them up now...*before they were a bit squiggley for them, but they are finally workin' into it...being brave infront of the other boys who want to hurt them*

But alot I think has to do with what their parents likes' *or dislikes'* and they learn from that...
The one lady down the street, can not stand spiders, at all, she goes into the hee~bee~gee~bees' when she sees' one.. and the little boy has the same trait.... if he sees' one on a toy, he won't even touch that toy..
( grinnnn I should be one on the door knob, see if that would stop him from knockin' on it dev )

#144031 August 22nd, 2006 at 11:26 PM
The Dingbat's Buddy
The Dingbat's Buddy
I am so sorry to hear about your frog,Bill ters

Kids like that tick me off beyond belief mad Unfortunately we are seeing that kind of behaviour more and more often.

I hope you gave him and his parents a "talking to".

#144032 August 22nd, 2006 at 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your frog Bill.. I Love frogs and used to have some as pets..

I sure wished parents would take more time to teach their children about nature and living things..
I have Children that would never do that! I do take the time to talk with them and let them know even that little ant has feelings...

Sorry Bill..

#144033 August 23rd, 2006 at 12:00 AM
Thats terrible to hear that Bill mad .
We used to have pet frogs when the kids were small and this really disturbes me to hear this!!!
I see that you put Cedar Hill is closed...for the sake of all others Bill...please reconsider for the ones who do obey and enjoy creatures, big or small. Duh
I am sure you have lots of visitors who love coming to your place thumbup

#144034 August 23rd, 2006 at 12:07 AM
Most kids dont seem to be taught respect for anything much less life. Its a very sad world.
I can still hear " How would you like it if someone did that to you?" from my childhood. I havent heard a parent say that in forever.
I'm sorry for your loss Bill. ters

#144035 August 23rd, 2006 at 12:24 AM
Bill, I am SOOO sorry about your frog! kissies ters

#144036 August 23rd, 2006 at 12:42 AM
It is so sad that kids aren't learning proper behavior from their parents. No wonder the world is in the shape it is.

I found a grasshopper in my kitchen window this morning. I had Jim take it outside and release it. I can't understand hurting any living thing just for cruelty's sake.

The parents will end up regretting how they raised the little boy when he grows up and "graduates" to hurting people and they get hit in their pocketbooks...

I am so sorry for your loss, Bill! ters

Dianna

#144037 August 23rd, 2006 at 12:47 AM
B
Bill Offline OP
The Garden Helper
OP Offline
The Garden Helper
B
Please do reconsider closing Cedar Hill, but maybe post signs saying any harm to your creatures will be prosecuted as animal cruelty/abuse...
I removed the "closed sign" because its not fair to punish the majority for the bad actions of one brat.

Yes Patty.... it was Dude. ters

#144038 August 23rd, 2006 at 12:52 AM
Good choice Bill...its hard I'm sure but just think of the delight you will see in others faces!
Well put...one brat!! mad mad mad

#144039 August 23rd, 2006 at 01:16 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Yes Patty.... it was Dude
ters

I like to never went to sleep last night, thinking about this.
I was so mad mad and so sad. ters

#144040 August 23rd, 2006 at 02:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know I'd go off on someone if they hurt my froggy!!!! I'm really, terribly sorry Bill.... ters I get attached to all of my fish and my frog now too....

#144041 August 23rd, 2006 at 02:44 AM
The Dingbat's Buddy
The Dingbat's Buddy
I know of a child that liked to hurt animals when he was young. His parents never did anything and now the boy is in reform school. The parents just don't "understand" it :rolleyes:

They say that Serial Killers start early in childhood by hurting and killing animals...........

#144042 August 23rd, 2006 at 05:14 AM
I am happy you have reopened Cedar Hill Bill. Mikey asked me almost daily if he can come and see you. Every time we get into the car he askes if we are going to see Bill. kissies

#144043 August 23rd, 2006 at 09:50 AM
Sorry to hear about this bill, What is wrong with the parents of that child!! It is a scary world!
When people hurt animals and humans,there is no respect for life.

#144044 August 23rd, 2006 at 02:10 PM
I'm relieved to know that the insensitive & horrific treatment which was imposed on a Cedar Hill resident by such an irresponsible person, won't prevent people like my Granddaughter from returning to Cedar Hill. Thank you, Bill.

BG fell in love with Dude the instant she saw him.
[Linked Image]7/16/2006

[Linked Image] May he rest in peace [Linked Image]

#144045 August 23rd, 2006 at 02:21 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Well...that made me cry again..... kissies

#144046 August 23rd, 2006 at 03:47 PM
So sorry about your buddy frog Bill..
This is reflection of the parents not teaching respect and honor for all living things, I don't care if it's a blade of grass or a great white whale... Respect it, and honor it's very exsistance !!!
And worse not setting an example of concience of wrong doing when the act was discovered.. The mother should have been livid(for lack of a better word) at his behavior, so evidently this is something that has been ignored for a long time ,, or for that matter never addressed at all.
Tho all this cannot bring back Dude, by keeping Cedar Hill open will honor him by the joy it will bring to those who respect all the beauty and buddies you have been blessed with that live around you. luv

#144047 August 23rd, 2006 at 03:58 PM
B
Bill Offline OP
The Garden Helper
OP Offline
The Garden Helper
B
He was just a damn frog, but every morning he was there when I went for my garden walk. Every morning I said "Hey Dude, how ya doin today?"
He was just a friggin Frog, but he was my friend! eek

#144048 August 23rd, 2006 at 04:20 PM
He was just a friggin Frog, but he was my friend!
And that all it takes to break your heart when he's gone. Duh

The video in my head kept re-running how Shelly & BG kept going back to see Dude when we were at your place, Bill... those girls were nuts about that little guy, & I thought it was so sweet! (I'm not telling either one of them what happened. I'm hoping that by next summer, Mother Nature will help another froggy find your water features & the girls might not notice that it's not Dude.)

Maybe next time it'll be a little Dudess! smile

I hope you're OK, Bill. kissies

#144049 August 23rd, 2006 at 07:12 PM
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
My wife loved and collected frogs bet she has close to a hundred or more in her china hutch. She had some little frogs in a tank when they died she cried for a week. I have several toads around I made a little thing so they can get water and talk to them when I see them. My dogs never bother them ether I think that is pretty good especialy for old spotted dog had to hunt for his food till we brought him in he was abandoned now he has to hunt no more except the vanilla ice cream cup I give them all.

#144050 August 24th, 2006 at 04:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your frog, Bill.
Actually, I feel a lot of the fault lies with the movie, T.V., music, and video game industry which had created a generation that has little or no regard for any kind of life, human or otherwise. I do not believe parents should allow their children to partake in this kind of sick "entertainment" (not my word)!
As a kid myself, i do not play all that many video games. I'm always occupied with something else, but i can tell you, i do know quite a lot of kids that WILL try to copy or imitate something they saw on TV or a video game. And the worst part is, these childrens' parent/s could not care less about what their child is doing. These kids i know walk around all day, pretending to be someone they saw on TV for instance, wacking things around with a stick. My grandmother feeds the local stray cat( if you want to call it that). Just the other day, i saw one of the neighbor-boys actually trying to hit the poor cat with a stick!!! Of course, with me being around this kids' age, i could not do much to help. It was just TERRIBLE seeing that happen. It's just that some kids have no respect what-so-ever, not even to their parents, on some occasions.
If some children could just, well, become "nicer" overall, the world WOULD be a much better place, without any incidents such as Bill's frog.
Hopefully, in time, the people who need to notice things like this WILL notice them, and hopefully approach their kids and "knock some sense into them!"

#144051 August 24th, 2006 at 05:51 PM
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Jeffery Daumer(sp)started out killing kittens and dogs and anything helpless see how he ended up. mad

#144052 August 24th, 2006 at 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Bill:
He was just a damn frog, but every morning he was there when I went for my garden walk. Every morning I said "Hey Dude, how ya doin today?"
He was just a friggin Frog, but he was my friend! eek
Joy and happiness come is all ways!! Even a cute little frog!! I just love going to the pond and seeing my little critters.. It makes me happy!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard