This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#144045 August 23rd, 2006 at 02:21 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Well...that made me cry again..... kissies

#144046 August 23rd, 2006 at 03:47 PM
So sorry about your buddy frog Bill..
This is reflection of the parents not teaching respect and honor for all living things, I don't care if it's a blade of grass or a great white whale... Respect it, and honor it's very exsistance !!!
And worse not setting an example of concience of wrong doing when the act was discovered.. The mother should have been livid(for lack of a better word) at his behavior, so evidently this is something that has been ignored for a long time ,, or for that matter never addressed at all.
Tho all this cannot bring back Dude, by keeping Cedar Hill open will honor him by the joy it will bring to those who respect all the beauty and buddies you have been blessed with that live around you. luv

#144047 August 23rd, 2006 at 03:58 PM
B
Bill Offline OP
The Garden Helper
OP Offline
The Garden Helper
B
He was just a damn frog, but every morning he was there when I went for my garden walk. Every morning I said "Hey Dude, how ya doin today?"
He was just a friggin Frog, but he was my friend! eek

#144048 August 23rd, 2006 at 04:20 PM
He was just a friggin Frog, but he was my friend!
And that all it takes to break your heart when he's gone. Duh

The video in my head kept re-running how Shelly & BG kept going back to see Dude when we were at your place, Bill... those girls were nuts about that little guy, & I thought it was so sweet! (I'm not telling either one of them what happened. I'm hoping that by next summer, Mother Nature will help another froggy find your water features & the girls might not notice that it's not Dude.)

Maybe next time it'll be a little Dudess! smile

I hope you're OK, Bill. kissies

#144049 August 23rd, 2006 at 07:12 PM
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
My wife loved and collected frogs bet she has close to a hundred or more in her china hutch. She had some little frogs in a tank when they died she cried for a week. I have several toads around I made a little thing so they can get water and talk to them when I see them. My dogs never bother them ether I think that is pretty good especialy for old spotted dog had to hunt for his food till we brought him in he was abandoned now he has to hunt no more except the vanilla ice cream cup I give them all.

#144050 August 24th, 2006 at 04:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your frog, Bill.
Actually, I feel a lot of the fault lies with the movie, T.V., music, and video game industry which had created a generation that has little or no regard for any kind of life, human or otherwise. I do not believe parents should allow their children to partake in this kind of sick "entertainment" (not my word)!
As a kid myself, i do not play all that many video games. I'm always occupied with something else, but i can tell you, i do know quite a lot of kids that WILL try to copy or imitate something they saw on TV or a video game. And the worst part is, these childrens' parent/s could not care less about what their child is doing. These kids i know walk around all day, pretending to be someone they saw on TV for instance, wacking things around with a stick. My grandmother feeds the local stray cat( if you want to call it that). Just the other day, i saw one of the neighbor-boys actually trying to hit the poor cat with a stick!!! Of course, with me being around this kids' age, i could not do much to help. It was just TERRIBLE seeing that happen. It's just that some kids have no respect what-so-ever, not even to their parents, on some occasions.
If some children could just, well, become "nicer" overall, the world WOULD be a much better place, without any incidents such as Bill's frog.
Hopefully, in time, the people who need to notice things like this WILL notice them, and hopefully approach their kids and "knock some sense into them!"

#144051 August 24th, 2006 at 05:51 PM
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Jeffery Daumer(sp)started out killing kittens and dogs and anything helpless see how he ended up. mad

#144052 August 24th, 2006 at 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Bill:
He was just a damn frog, but every morning he was there when I went for my garden walk. Every morning I said "Hey Dude, how ya doin today?"
He was just a friggin Frog, but he was my friend! eek
Joy and happiness come is all ways!! Even a cute little frog!! I just love going to the pond and seeing my little critters.. It makes me happy!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard