This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Merme, so sorry I went to bed early last night and wasn't able to get you up and running!

To fix the bobbin case:

This is what you've got:
[Linked Image]

Notice how the crescent is down and to the left, you need to turn your hand wheel, (the big wheel on the right hand side of the entire machine) until the crescent is straight up and down on the left side of the bobbin case, like this:
[Linked Image]

Now, pick up the half moon shaped piece and install it on the right hand side of the bobbin case so it fits like this:
[Linked Image]
with the knob facing out and centered.

melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Next, you need the circular piece, it's got a tiny knob extension like this, I hope you can see
[Linked Image] and this is upside down, that knobby thing fits in a tiny slot at the very bottom of the bobbin case and the indents face outward toward you.

melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
When you've got that in it looks like this:
[Linked Image]

You still with me?????

Okay, we're almost done now. The two "wings" on either side need to hold the whole thing in place, just pop them over onto the indents, like so :

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now, you just have to load the bobbin into the bobbin holder , while holding out the litttle tab, and you probably are familiar with this step, insert the bobbin holder into the bobbin case:

[Linked Image]

The finished assembly should look like this:

[Linked Image]

Sorry about all the pics , but 'twas neccesary! grinnnn

clp clp clp
Mel, I thought about doing a pictorial like that last night. But I cannot remember the names of all of the pieces. It would have been the dohickey and thingamabob.
Good job with your description.

THANKS, Melcon!!!

Hey, could you also copy & paste this down in Hobbies and Crafts so that others might find it more easily? What a great thread this is.

I think maybe I should be able to do this. If not, I'll be calling ya, bawling again.

Merme

melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
I couldn't for the life of me think where to put this where you'd see it this morning! Duh, why didn't I think of the Hobbies section! *slapping me upside the head*

Maybe instead of me copying and pasting, one of the handy dandy hostesses could pick the whole thing up with their super powers and move it all down there! Thanks , lovies!!! kissies

As long as nobody moves it while I am waiting for someone to move my machine right next to the computer so I can compare your pictures with the items in front of me.

I get lost enough as it is... sometimes...

Merme

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can move it now if you want...I was just going to post that it would be great having it down there instead of here! thumbup

I'm glad I have a laptop! I type right next to my machine!
>^.^<

Link Copied to Clipboard