This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143578 October 14th, 2006 at 07:04 AM
OP Offline
Here is the story I've been talking about the last few days.. I thought it was cool to start posting it on Friday the 13th... so... here we go!
(I'm still in the process of writing...)

Chapter 1; Part 1

Starring...
Me as me...
Danny-the little brother
Tom- my (ex)friend from the music store
Rob- Danny's friend

Oct 2006

I once heard of a story of an evil black cat. The Media claimed that it was "Possessed." Others say that it was the pet of the devil, but no one knows for sure. What we do know is that the cat lives to scare unsuspecting victims once a year, on Halloween night. Last year, I had a horrible experience with the cat. I didn't think I was going to live past that night. This is my encounter with the notorious creature.
It was late on Halloween night during the year 2005. I was out trick-or-treating with my Rob. We were having a great time. Going from house to house without delay, we had covered over 4 blocks, including ours. At this location, we were a reasonable distance from our homes.
We were going onto our 5th block when Danny said "Hey, you guys better speed up your trick-or-treating, because I have WAY more candy then the 3 of you combined!!!"
"No you don't!" yelled Rob in a jealous tone.
"YES I DO!"
"NO YOU DON'T!"
"Guys, guys, stop the fighting, because everybody here knows that I have the most candy!" said tom with an obnoxious smirk across his face. The fight was interrupted by a pair of beady, red eyes looming over us, almost like it was watching us, in an oak tree a few feet form us.
"W-w-what's that in the tree?" cried Rob, nervously.
"I don't know, but we have to get going. We still have over 3 blocks to cover and we all have to be in soon." I said very impatiently. So we continued on our way. Little did we know that those beady little red eyes in the oak tree were the evil eyes of the possessed black cat.
Our next encounter with the cat was about half an hour later. We were on Urlucksgone Way, about a 20-minute walk from my house. We had covered about half of the block when we came across an eerie, dilapidated house. It looked like a house from a scary movie, so we thought there would be good candy there. When I saw the address, I stared in shock. I changed my mind about the good candy. It read 666. I warned them not to knock on the door, but they didn't listen. If they only hadn't knocked on that door, we would have been okay. But they didn't heed my warning. They knocked. Bad move on their part! I started running as fast as I could, because I didn't know what was going to happen. It was too late. The door swung open, all by itself, and what we saw inside, I will never forget. It was the black cat!
We ran and we ran. We didn't stop for anything. The cat was out to get us, and there was no where to run, and no where to hide. The first thing we decided to do was to split up. We went into 4 totally directions. I climbed into a tree, Tom hid in a bush, Rob slid under a car, and Danny hid in an abandoned house. After a few minutes, we decided that Danny's hiding spot was the best of all. We were going to make a run for the house, but the cat was on high alert to where we were. We had to play 'James Bond' to sneak around the cat. It was daring, but we took the risk. It was probably a stupid move, but did it anyway. I took a rock that was lying on the street and threw away from us to attract the cats attention. Luckily, it worked. We ran for the house as fast as we could. All though we really couldn't stay there that long, it would give is a few minutes of thinking time.
We met up with Danny in the old houses' kitchen. The whole place was falling apart, and very weak. Tom decided to take a quick look around while me, Danny, and Rob decided what to do.
"I think we should try to sneak around it, then make a run for Rob's house. It is closest, and his mom always gives out free sodas for Halloween." Said Danny, not really aware of how bad our situation really was, and how much time we could stay in this house before the cat found us.
" That's on okay idea," I said, " but I think we should really just run, whether it sees us or not."
"I think we should." His sentence was cut short by a loud, crashing sound, coming from a bedroom. We all ran over. It was Tom! Apparently, he fell through some loose floorboards into the basement. We called for him, but he didn't answer.
" Oh, goodie," I said, " now we get to go into the basement, find Tom, and get out of this damn house before the cat finds us." I took a piece of wood (for defense), and went down the old stone steps down to the basement. Of course, Rob and Danny were too scared to go down, so I had to go find Tom, in complete Darkness, all alone.
It took me a little while to find him, but eventually I found him. Or at least I thought I did. I saw a shadow of something moving, so, of course, I ran over to it. Unfortunately, it wasn't Tom. It was the cat. It scared the hell out of me! I didn"t know what to do, so I yelled for everybody to run out of the house as fast as they could. I tripped over Tom on my frantic way out. He was shaken, but he could run. We ran up the old stone steps with such great speed that as we went up, they collapsed behind us. We weren't going back down there! We all assembled in the front yard. " Run!" I yelled. "What about the plan?" said Rob. "Forget about the plan! Just run! The cat was in the house and will be out any second!" I screamed. We just started running. As I looked back, I saw that the cat was gaining on us, and fast! I was in front, Tom was behind me, Danny was third, and Rob was in back. What I saw next was horrible. Rob tripped! I was going to run back and help, but Tom stopped me. We watched as Rob tumbled to the ground, Tootsie rolls and Lollipops flying in all directions. It was too late for him. He stopped and tried to save a little of his candy, but we all screamed not to. He caught the cat's eye, tried to edge away, but was grabbed and swallowed whole. We had to keep running! We were on Elms Street now, only 15 minutes from my house. If we ran, we could be there in 10.
The 3 of us still had our candy, to scared to drop it. The cat was gaining again, and there was nothing to do. Tom started throwing candy at it, but that made the cat very mad. Next to go was Danny. He was right in that argument before, he did have the most candy. The three bags he had were slowing him down. "Danny, drop the candy!" I yelled, but he refused. The next thing we knew, the cat swarmed over him. That was the last we saw of him. As we ran away, we heard his shrill scream in the night:
"NNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

End of Chapter 1, part 1
(will post Chapter 1; part 2 soon!)

#143579 October 14th, 2006 at 06:22 PM
Very Good Mark!! thumbup Can't wait till Part 2 is ready!!

#143580 October 15th, 2006 at 02:04 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Rita!
I'll post PT 2 sometime tonight..it's ready... but I want to leave it at a cliffhanger for now...
(and because Chapter 2, Part 1 isn't ready yet! laugh laugh )

#143581 October 15th, 2006 at 09:52 AM
thumbup Enjoyed this mark:-)

#143582 October 15th, 2006 at 10:16 AM
OP Offline
here is Chapter 1, Part 2:
New characters:
Chris-Tom's dad, owner of Victory music
(Victory music-my music store, owned by Chris)
Lea-Tom's step-mother
Notes:
Most store names are in fact real. Street names, on the other hand, are not.
This story takes place in a world where stores never close, if you haven't noticed... laugh

It was just me and Tom now, the fastest runners of the 4 of us. We were on north Deadbeat road, only 5 minutes from my house! We were in the clear! We could make it. Suddenly, the cat came out in front of us! We didn't think we were going to make it, but we could take a shortcut through the Ingram Woods. That would take 2 minutes out of our run, but it was in complete and utter darkness, which was an advantage to the cat. It was our decision. We took the risk, but halfway through, I tripped over a rock! I sprained my ankle and lost the majority of my candy (which, suprisingly, I still had), but I dealt with the pain and continued running without hesitation. It was 11:52pm, and if we couldn't make it home, we would have to run for 7 minutes until Halloween was over. At 12:00 the cat would be forced to stop and be sent back to the underworld it came from.
"Come on, Tom, we can make it!" I yelled as we ran past Joe & Pat's pizzeria, and the Island Coffee Shop. The cat was gaining, and fast. " We're not gonna make it! We gotta move faster!" at this point, I was unsure if I was going to live past the night. We didn't know what to do, but Tom thought of something. " We can go to victory Music! It's right down this corner! My dad owns the place and we can hide somewhere in there!"
" Good idea!" I said, almost out of breath, as I went up the stairs quickly, but quietly, and went into the store.
The cat was looking for us, because it didn?t see us go up. It was right in front of the Mobile Gas Station, across the street from Victory music. Lea, Tom's Dad's co-worker(Tom's step-mom), was working the register when we entered.
" Hi, guys," she said. "What's up? You guys look tired! Are you two all right? Oh, Tom, your dad went to Duane Reade down the block and he told me to tell you..."
" Lea! Listen! We need a place to hide," I said. " You probably won't believe us, but an evil possessed black cat is about to eat us! It already got my little brother and his friend Jesse, the kid who comes here for Violin lessons!"
" Oh man, that stinks." Said Lea. "Hmmm... you can hide...."
" Quick! It could find us any second!!!"
" Okay, okay! You two can hide in Chris's room!"
" Thanks so much" Tom and me both said together.
It was 11:56pm. All we had to do was wait another 4 minutes for Halloween to end! It was the longest 4 minutes of our lives.
At about 11:58pm, we heard a noise at the door. Slowly, the door opened and a figure slowly came in. We thought it was the cat, but when the lights flickered on, we saw that it was just Chris. " What are you two doing in here," said Chris in a surprised tone. " Keep your voice down!" Tom said, " We are hiding from this evil cat that's trying to attack us or something! It already got Rob and Mark's brother!"
"Are you lying to me? Is this come type of cruel, heartless joke, that you two decided to pull on me for a minute of fun and enjoyment?"
" No, I swear! Why else would we be so frantic about the situation!"
" Well, in that case..." His sentence was interrupted by a sharp scream, followed by loud, scratching, tearing apart sounds. I checked the time-It was 11:59! Only 1 minute to go! The scraping sound grew louder. Suddenly the door became shaking violently! The cat was right outside the door! How did the cat find us! That, I will never know.
At that precise moment, the clock in Chris's room struck 12, the cat broke in and ran at us. Right before it came into contact with us, it disappeared into thin air. We then realized that it was all over. The three of us reassured ourselves that it was okay to come out. When we were sure, we came out.
What we saw, unfortunately, was horrible. Everything in sight was destroyed. There were huge scratch marks on everything and fairly large pieces of doors, flooring, and wall were taken out and scattered across the ruined building.
" My studio," said Chris, in a devastated, shocked tone.
"It's okay. We'll find a way to fix everything." Tom tried to stay this in a comforting tone, but did a poor job of it. Out of absolutely no where, Chris screamed " LEA!!!" At that moment we all realized that Lea was still in the store. It was almost impossible for the cat to not destroy the store, if it ruined everything else in its path. We ran to her as fast as we could. When tom tried to open the door, he found that it was jammed shut. Lea was in the store, possibly hurt, and there was no way in. At that moment, the electricity went out.
" Lucky us, this has been a monumental night," I said in a sarcastic voice.
" This isn't really the time to be joking around," Tom said, a little irritated at me, and aggravated at the fact that the lights just went out. It was the middle of the night, which didn't really help the lighting situation. We could hear a rustling noise coming from inside the store, so we new she was all right. The only problem was that we couldn't see where we were going. It was darker here than in the abandoned house! I stumbled across a loose piece of floorboard and ripped it out. I charged at the door and broke the glass off with one swift ram. When it was open we all ran in to look for her. Her hand was sticking out from under a group of fallen guitars and dry wall. We barely noticed it. We could have easily passed it up. It took a bit of time to get all the stuff away from her so we could pull her out. When we got her out, we could sense that our horrible night was all over.
Lea had a few cuts and bruises, but she wasn't badly hurt. I had a sprained ankle and tom hurt his arm from the fall in the house, but that was about all the injuries for the night.
In the morning we went to collect all the candy we had lost or dropped over the night. We also started an extensive search to find Danny, whom we had forgot about over the night.
Danny was found the next day, completely covered in candy so we couldn't see him. Rob, on the other hand, was not found. It was said that Rob traveled to the underworld with the cat, being in its stomach, after all. Now, every Halloween, the fat black cat (because it ate Rob whole), comes to haunt more unsuspecting victims like Tom, Rob, Danny, and me. The three of us received prizes for bravery. The one for Rob was used as a memorial for him
Chris and Lea were completely devastated at the state of their studio. They decided that it was time for a change in their lives. They salvaged whatever they could from their destroyed studio, and took out a bank loan for $20,000,000. They used this money to build the worlds largest mini mall/pastry shop. So, in the end, we all lived happily ever after (all though missing Rob) swimming in over 20 pounds of candy.

The End....?

End of Chapter 1, Part 2
Coming soon..... Chapter2, Part 1

#143583 October 15th, 2006 at 10:22 AM
OP Offline
I'm also open to any ideas/ suggestions to/for this Chapter or Chapter two!

Enjoy! thumbup

#143584 October 15th, 2006 at 07:05 PM
Lots of fun to read Mark!! thumbup

#143585 October 24th, 2006 at 07:00 AM
Keep on writing,Mark thumbup

#143586 October 28th, 2006 at 10:26 PM
Great story!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard