This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142474 October 17th, 2006 at 02:53 AM
OP Offline
seeing ALL THREE grandchildren when I went to NC to stay Saturday night with my son and his wife! I was so excited that I finally got to have a good visit with them all at the same time. My daughter and girls stayed with us at my son's home so that we could enjoy every minute that we weren't sleeping...

Destiny is weighing in at a whopping eight pounds now! Her first surgery to sew her lip together will be on November 13. She will be going back sometime after that to have her palate repaired.

Here she is covered in love by the gift that Triss so lovingly made for her...

[Linked Image]

The adorable bear that Lynne made her will be sure to be a favorite snuggle. I am sure the bright colors of the bath mitt will help distract her when she is having her bath...

[Linked Image]

Reyla is now two years old and acting every bit of it. She is into anything and everything at once. A little handful that I am looking forward to keeping again after Destiny undergoes her surgery.

She loves the little bear that Lynne made for her!

[Linked Image]

More pictures in next post...

Dianna

#142475 October 17th, 2006 at 03:01 AM
OP Offline
Reyla, also, loved her "hand puppet"! I know how much she loves HER bath and she will enjoy having the bath mitt to clean herself.

[Linked Image]

Brendon is about forty pounds solid and heavy. He is a sweet child with a good attitude. This was the first time I have seen him since Christmas because of problems between his mother and father. I could not believe how much he had grown...

[Linked Image]

Justin wasn't supposed to have him this week-end, but he convinced the mother that I needed to see him. I was sooo happy that he was able to get him while we were there...

[Linked Image]

Dianna

#142476 October 17th, 2006 at 03:16 AM
What beautiful babies, Dianna!! You must have been on cloud nine this weekend!!! kissies You have a handsome little grandson who looks like he can be quite the little handful when he wants to be!

#142477 October 17th, 2006 at 03:30 AM
OP Offline
This is the very first time that we have had all three grands together. I, also, had both of my children together. Double treat for me.

We left SC early Saturday morning to make the trip and came back on early Sunday afternoon. My sciatica is really bothering me because of sitting for so long, but it was more than worth it!

Holding Destiny was like holding a feather. She is still very little at eight pounds, but they are optimistic that she will be ten pounds by the date of the surgery. She was so sweet and cuddly and, hopefully, will be able to enjoy the gifts we carried her when she gets a little bit bigger and has more control of her hands...

Reyla is still a "Little Miss Busy Britches"! Into everything with an impish little grin. She enjoyed the birthday presents that we carried her. She is into music and will dance at the drop of a hat. We carried her a music headset with cartridges and a microphone for her to sing into. We, also, carried her a couple of cartoon dvd's and a couple of musical learning cd's...

Brendon is a little sweetheart. He was surprised to find out that we had brought him some presents, too. He loved his remote-controlled car ("Look, Daddy, it doesn't have a cord!") and the vcd of the movie "Antz". He liked his musical learning cd's, too. He was a lot easier to understand in person, than he is on the telephone...

Our grand-puppy, Bristol, was glad to see us, too. laugh

[Linked Image]

He was excited that we brought Aunt Angel to visit so he would have someone to play with. They were all over the yard chasing each other and having fun...

We had a wonderful weed-end with the grands and my kids! I can't wait to do it again...

Dianna

#142478 October 17th, 2006 at 03:40 AM
Dianna,

I am so thrilled that you got to see all three of your Grands not to mention both the kids. What a wonderful weekend for you all!!! Love all the pics, the kids are just so sweet!!

#142479 October 17th, 2006 at 03:55 AM
OP Offline
Triss, my daughter was astounded by the love shown to her girls by someone who didn't even know them. She could not believe a total stranger (to her) would take the time to make something by hand for her children. She was thrilled with the blanket and was tickled over the bears and bath mitts that Lynne sent.

Thank you and Lynne for showing her that compassion and love can come from where it is least expected...

I, also, want to thank the whole forum for praying for and thinking of all of my family. There is no greater gift than prayer. Prayer is what made this visit possible for me and prayer will be what makes the changes for good, possible in the next coming months...

kissies

Dianna

#142480 October 17th, 2006 at 04:56 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
This is the very first time that we have had all three grands together. I, also, had both of my children together. Double treat for me.
I am so happy to read this, Dianna... kissies
Thrilled!
It actually made tears leak out of my eyes.

Thank you for the pictures!

#142481 October 17th, 2006 at 05:07 AM
Dianna - this post has made my day!!! kissies [Linked Image]
What precious babies you have there!

I'm so very glad that you were able to be with all your grandkids at once!
There was magic in that visit, wasn't there?!?
I'm very happy that all is a go-ahead for Destiny's first surgery -
I hope she gets through it with flying colors!

I'm also so thankful that Brendon was able to join you all for this most important get-together.
I'm sure it meant the world to you all! [Linked Image]

#142482 October 17th, 2006 at 05:42 AM
Dianna

Your grand babes are so sweet:-) How nice for you to have them all together thumbup That is heartwarming! Really enjoyed your photos clp

#142483 October 17th, 2006 at 06:22 AM
Dianna What a blessing to have them all there! I feel your JOY Last summer I had both daughter and all 6 grandchildren together in my house.
If only we could do that more often Huh?

I know you were overwhelmed with the joy of holding, loving, laughing, playing and talking with each of them there is nothing like it in the world,, I'm soooo Happy for you! kissies clp luv

#142484 October 17th, 2006 at 09:19 AM
OP Offline
Thank you all for your comments. I was absolutely thrilled to have every one of them there.

Brendon told Grandpa that he was ready to ride the tractor again the next time he comes down, but he wants to drive! laugh He wanted to drive our car and take me for a ride while there, but I declined. I told him that the car was a lot bigger than the tractor... wink

Reyla showed us some new dance moves she had learned. She is a "ham" all the way. She will make a good kj when she gets older... laugh

Destiny loved being cuddled. She is already spoiled rotten according to my daughter. My aunt sent her a little swing that plays classical music and has lights flashing while it is playing. I am sure my daughter will enjoy that, if Destiny likes it as well as we think she will. Might keep her from having to be held all the time while she is awake... grinnnn

The time we were there just flew by. I cannot wait to be able to go back up and be with them again. I hope we can stay longer next time...

Dianna

#142485 October 17th, 2006 at 09:41 AM
I hope you can stay longer too, Dianna.
Again, I'm soooooo thrilled that it was a good time for all!

I hope Destiny loves that swing - we borrowed one for Amy and I must say... it was a lifesaver!!! Don't know what I would have done without it!

#142486 October 17th, 2006 at 09:57 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Is there anything sweeter than a sleepin' baby
in a baby blankie... She is soooo precious Dianna... kissies thumbup
I'll bet that was an extra special day...
Thanks for sharing those pictures... and
those wee~one's are so cute.. give'em lot's of luv and hugz.. time moves toooo quickly you know!

#142487 October 17th, 2006 at 10:46 PM
[Linked Image] What a sweet, snuggly weekend you had!

Those kids are absolutely adorable, Dianna (and I'm glad you didn't leave out the Granddog!) kissies

#142488 October 18th, 2006 at 07:24 PM
OP Offline
This visit is just making me miss them all the more. I had such a good time cuddling and snuggling with each and every one of them...

Brendon talks to us on the phone quite a bit. Justin calls on the week-ends that he has him or the week-day visit and he just chatters away. It took him a few minutes to figure out that we were "that" Grandma and Grandpa... kissies

Link Copied to Clipboard