This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13886 June 22nd, 2004 at 12:04 AM
OP Offline
Okay, I know it is a bit warm and all, but I don't understand why my grass is turning yellow. I have a nice lawn that is farely new. I water it for a few hours every couple of days. We don't cut it too short, but of course it isn't kept too long. I do fertilize every so often too. Is there some sort of fungus I should look for or am I watering at the wrong times? What about pests, could a pest do this? What should I do? I want a beautiful green lawn. ters

#13887 June 23rd, 2004 at 01:10 AM
P
P
Oahugirl,

Welcome to The Gardener's Forum, A Cybercommunity of Gardeners from around the world.

Questions:

What type of grass is in the lawn?
Manienie or Mahiki, some type of Zosiagrass like templegrass or Koreangrass, St. Augustine?

Is the lawn in shaded area?

Is there a sprinkler system and how long do you do the watering? Is the soil damp or wet most of the time?

Was the soil amended with organic matter, such as manure, leaves, grasss clippings, compost, bagasse, peat moss, or hapuu before putting the grass down?

What is fairly new? Six months? One year?

Yellowing may indicate Nitrogen or iron deficiency, or improper pH level, but there may be other factors such as virus (St. Augustine grass,etc.).

Papito

Link Copied to Clipboard