This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#138714 January 31st, 2006 at 01:23 PM
Nako Offline OP
Greenhouse Pixie
OP Offline
Greenhouse Pixie
So Lisa and I are in my car and we're driving from Concord to Plymouth so i can get her back to college, sleep over, then come back in the morning for class. It was just a muggy muggy day, and the rain was horrible >.< Lisa and I were like "Wow, its raining... Its January damnit! It should be snowing!!"

So ya, the rain slowly started to turn to snow as we went further up north. "Yay!" Lisa and I exclaimed as the snow turned to rain. Then the snow got worse. Phoebe said to Lisa "Gee Lisa, its getting a little worse out..." to which Lisa replied, "Yeah, you should slow down."

So we're driving around 30ish and we start noticing that the road is now under an inch of slushy snow. And then just packed down snow... which is ice...

Then we started noticing people in the ditches... And then the person in front of me begane to slip off the road, and i breaked a lil. My car started to do this \\ // \\ so i let off the breaks and regained control. The car in front of me was completely sideways at this point and i was coming up on it, and i couldn't stop. So i managed to manuver around it at 30. It was at this point that i decided that 20 was a good speed...

So 20 minutes later, Lisa and I are at 20 MPH, and people behind us are getting frusterated, blowing buy us and ending up in the ditch causing me to have to manuver around them in the snow. I'm not stopping for anyone that's stupid enough to blow by me at 50 in those kinds of conditions >.< not to mention, i probably wouldn't have been able to get going again.

So someone blows past us at 50, and its completely dark out at this time. He/she blows by us at 50, and i see them off in the distance slide off the road and attempt to back out. "oh great..." i'm thinking, "someone else to avoid." Well they pulled out of that ditch as if it was the easiest thing in the world o.O As if it were pavement and they were just going up a hill like normal... And then they continued down the road at 50! What the heck!!!

Turns out some SUVs have this neat-o thing called 4 wheel drive lol.

Anyway, a 35 minute trip between concord and plymouth turned into a 2 hour trip all because the weather decided to go from rain to snow in 10 minutes. I guess that's why that saying goes on around here.

"That's the great thing about New England! If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes!"

I'm alive and well, its gonna snow here all week, annnnnnnnnnnnnnd ya ^.^ Just thought i'd tell you all about my adventure!

#138715 January 31st, 2006 at 01:40 PM
Well that CERTAINLY was an adventure. I am sure glad you made it through it safe and sound! Be careful out there!!!

#138716 January 31st, 2006 at 01:55 PM
wow that's scarey! I'm glad ya'll are ok! that was really really smart of you to go slow on the road and not be like those speeding idiots in a hurry getting nowhere. that's one thing I dread when I get my license...driving in/on ice/snow!

#138717 January 31st, 2006 at 08:58 PM
WOW Phoebe - so glad you were smart and kept your speed down - better to get to your destination safe, than sorry!!! kissies

#138718 February 1st, 2006 at 02:45 AM
Nako Offline OP
Greenhouse Pixie
OP Offline
Greenhouse Pixie
Well i kinda did something stupid today lol. My Ficus that i let Karla take care of over vacation died... Turns out she's not the best at taking care of plants and that 3 other ones she took care of for the student senate died lol.

So ya, I brought it to the dumpster, threw out the ficus, and walked back to my car with the pot so i could keep the pot in the car instead of in my dorm room. A bucket full of dirt in the room wouldn't be that attractive lol.

So ya, i then realized "Hey, i could get a better parking spot" and my windows were covered in ice. Sooooooooo i drove around campus looking for a better parking spot with my head and upper torso outside the driver window ^.^ I got a much better parking spot, and then i went into the room and realized i couldn't talk to my room mate cuz my face was frozen o.O I also couldn't pick anything up cuz my hands were frozen too lol. So he now has video of me trying to answer questions, sounding like i just came back from the dentist with my glasses all fogged up from the condensation lol.

~Phoebe

Link Copied to Clipboard