This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#138064 June 6th, 2006 at 10:23 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Oh Cindy, I think next time you should just toss the vacuum in the closet. Will be easier to retrieve next time you need to use it.
I know..... :rolleyes:
Try telling me that when I'm mad at the vacuum cleaner, though! laugh

I feel really sorry for the vacuum cleaner.
It's only doing what it's supposed to do...very well, too. I just get upset when it sucks up a Kleenex that is 10 inches away from the hose. It's like I won't be anywhere NEAR the Kleenex...in what I would call safe territory...and all of a sudden "whooosh!" it sucks the Kleenex across the desk and it's gone, deep into the dark recesses of the vacuum cleaner. I have to take half the vacuum cleaner apart to get it out.

Today Brennan asked me what the vacuum cleaner did that made me mad, and I told him. Then he said, "Well, it wasn't the vacuum cleaner's fault!"
shocked

Hey, did he like the fuzzy posters? Maxi always enjoyed those.
Yeah, man! thumbup laugh
We BOTH did! grinnnn

#138065 June 6th, 2006 at 11:57 AM
Next time take it out on the Kleenex laugh

#138066 June 6th, 2006 at 02:29 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Triss...you are wise well beyond your years! thumbup

#138067 June 6th, 2006 at 02:45 PM
Naw, it is just easier to clean up the Kleenex and you can chuck it across the yard a whole lot further than you can a vacuum. laugh

#138068 June 6th, 2006 at 02:56 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
The "Butt Rocks"

4 years ago...when Brennan was just 2 years old...I made us a little secret place to sit in the middle garden...to eat Hershey Bars. We each picked out a rock to sit on. We tested several rocks each, making sure our butts fit on them good, with no big humps sticking up. They had to be comfortable. (Well, as comfortable as a rock can be.) We each found our rocks and I took them into the middle garden. Brennan called them our "Butt Rocks". laugh

I always keep a stash of candy, and Brennan's favorite is Hershey Bars. So, when we'd sit on our rocks I'd get a Hershey Bar for him. It was a big treat...and ever since that first time we ate a candy bar there he has called Hershey Bars "Butt Rock Candy".

I have moved several times since Brennan was 2...
...and I have taken my rocks with me, and moved them back...and every time I've moved I have always kept the "Butt Rocks" separate from the rest of the rocks...they are special.

The last time I moved back here I made a beautiful little place for our Butt Rocks.
[Linked Image]
Today on the Butt Rocks.

Between mine and Brennan's Butt Rocks we have a rock for a table, that we sit our drink (and the phones) on.

#138069 June 6th, 2006 at 03:20 PM
I know you must be enjoying yourself, Cindy! I miss Reyla, even though she kept me hopping while she was here.

"Butt Rock", huh? Gotta see what I can find for our little special place. Not too many rocks that I can find around here...

The pictures you have posted are precious. I think I would find a table for the phone that Freckles can't reach, though! laugh Unless you WANT it buried...

Dianna

#138070 June 6th, 2006 at 03:55 PM
Oh I just love that Cindy! What a special thing for the two of you!

#138071 June 7th, 2006 at 03:31 AM
Butt Rocks!!! How cool is that! so cute and funny.
That is really neat.

Angie

#138072 June 7th, 2006 at 03:41 AM
That is so special, the butt rocks, and that you take them each time you move, thats so sweet for you both thumbup thumbup

#138073 June 7th, 2006 at 03:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's so cute Cindy, I need some butt rocks here I think! laugh thumbup

#138074 June 7th, 2006 at 04:01 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
It was so funny...the day we were picking out our butt rocks.
We were going from one rock to the other, sitting on them...and Rachel pulled in and said. "What are you all doing now?"
Brennan told her we were testing the rocks to find ones that fit our butts! laugh shocked

She just walked on into the house...shaking her head. nutz

#138075 June 7th, 2006 at 04:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean Rachel doesn't have her very own butt rock???? shk laugh

#138076 June 7th, 2006 at 04:17 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Nope!
She's not in our club! laugh

#138077 June 7th, 2006 at 04:23 AM
laugh laugh Brennan has the funnest Grandma in the whole world! kissies

(My Grand kids must think I'm boring!) [Linked Image]

#138078 June 7th, 2006 at 04:31 AM
I wish I had you for a Grandma Cindy!

#138079 June 7th, 2006 at 06:38 AM
I, too, wish I had you for a grandma - what fun you are!!! kissies

#138080 June 7th, 2006 at 06:42 AM
I agree with Lynne,

CINDY GRANNY!!YOU ROCK!!!!!

I was never close to either grandmother growing up and the one i spent loads of time with was my great granny and she was in her 70's at that time, to have the memories that Brennan will have is priceless. You may fall asleep at night exhausted from playing, but you have given this little boy the most important memories a kid could ask for.
Can we all come play at your house Cindy Granny!!!

#138081 June 7th, 2006 at 07:40 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Gee...now you guys have me thinking about MY granny memories!
"Grandma" (my mom's mom) never made me feel too much at home at her house. She had about 30 grandkids, and I was the "problem child". (I Double Dog Dared my younger cousins to rub poison ivy all over them, etc.) shocked frown

But, "Granny" (my dad's mom) was so much fun. She didn't do the things that I do with Brennan, like climb trees, and roll down the hill in a box, but she always had something fun for me to do when I visited. She would spray paint uncooked macaroni for us to make necklaces with, and always had beans and rice and beads and glitter for us to glue to paper plates.

Well...Brennan is gone now. Rachel just picked him up.
And, even with a sinus headache I managed to enjoy my day.
I posted everything here this morning while sitting up in his fort on the swingset! (And, no, I didn't slide down the slide to get down this time...I went down the ladder!) laugh

#138082 June 7th, 2006 at 08:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry about your headache Cindy.

I'll take a CindyGranny anyday! thumbup

I never knew my dads mother. She passed away when I was 3. ters But dad says I'm a lot like her.

My moms mom--my nana---lives in England. We moved over here when I was 7, and I've only got to see her a handful of times since then. She's too old to travel much now, but she was always the best nana. She had a baby pool for me in the yard, and a sign that said lauras garden-where she let me dig, she'd let me arrange flowers in vases, and I'd bake with her.

She'd take me shopping, and give me money for the ice cream man. She has flaming red hair, and was so beautiful when she was young. And so nice and sweet, she'd give you the shirt off her back if you needed it.

When we moved over here she cried so bad. ters

It was hard growing up without a nana around. All the other kids had theirs and I didn't.

#138083 June 7th, 2006 at 08:38 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
When we moved over here she cried so bad. ters
That made tears leak out. ters
I can't even begin to imagine how she felt.
I would just die if Brennan moved...especially that far away.

Awhile back Rachel was talking about moving to Washington, and it was freaking me out...I couldn't stand them being so far away, and even though Rachel wanted me to move there, too, it just wouldn't have seemed right...following her and Jeremy there.

Not to mention the fact that Bill wouldn't have been safe! lala

#138084 June 7th, 2006 at 08:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bill would've been very unsafe if you went out there! laugh

My family in England is really big and we had a huge going away party before we left....There's a picture of Nana crying so hard--it was hard for me leaving too.

I remember a week before we moved out we had no furniture, it was all sold and we were sitting on garden chairs inside.....I sat next to my Nana and said--I'm not budging. laugh

#138085 June 8th, 2006 at 05:23 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Brennan has given me a break for a few minutes, so I thought I'd check in. He is in a working mood today, and has run me ragged!
We have pulled weeds, he has washed all the lawn furniture (again...he did that yesterday, too)...we have emptied all the gravel out of the back of my truck into the wheelbarrow, washed it real good to use around the pond, and then took the truck down to the gravel pile and loaded more.

He has kept me at that big gravel pile half the day. There's something about a gravel pile that little boys love. He has climbed it like a mountain, shoveled in it, thrown half of it across the driveway, and dug a huge crater in the top of it like a volcano. A gravel pile is a good toy for a 6 year old! thumbup

#138086 June 8th, 2006 at 05:30 AM
Boys and their toys!! laugh thumbup

#138087 June 8th, 2006 at 05:46 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Oooooohh bring him here....I have pot holes in a quarter mile long driveway I need to fill!!!

#138088 June 8th, 2006 at 06:17 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
When I came in here awhile ago to check out the forum,
Brennan was in Lola's room doing this...
[Linked Image]

After 20 minutes I noticed he was being awfully quiet... grinnnn

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard