This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Took the family to see Lewis and Clark State park to research it for when Patty and family come to visit. We walked a couple of the trails. It is beautiful there, a small creek to walk along for one trial, old growth forest for another, a play area including a swingset and horseshoe pit, good looking campsites.

These first three are in the Old Growth Trail

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Along the creek trail
[Linked Image]

And a couple of the campsites
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We will be taking the kids camping here for sure! It would also be a perfect place for a Forum Meeting as there are a couple of large eating areas with BBQ and firepits!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That looks really pretty Triss! And the kids probably really enjoyed themselves! thumbup

Too bad everyone lives so far apart or I'd be there for a meeting in a jiffy! With Jiffy! laugh

Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
They really did. No one wanted to come home. I even wanted to stay and walk the other trail and figure out where the fushia garden was located. Next time though. I will proabably take the kids back later this week while Dan is working since it is just 15 minutes from home and find that garden and walk the other trail.

I like the undergrowth of ferns and mosses. Any trout in that stream?

Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
The ferns and mosses were awesome. And YES we saw trout in the stream. I felt bad for them though cuz the water was so low and in the few places where it was deep enough for them, we could see them jumping all over. Unfortunately we also saw several dead fish.

Great pix, Triss. It looks so cozy there. A great place for camping! thumbup Great looking family. clp Sue

Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Sue!

Hey I've been there before.. It really is a pretty place!! lucky you Triss..

As usual beautiful family!! All so Happy!

I love seeing you all enjoying nature and looking so happy!
That looks like a wonderful place for a walk or campout! Does it get very crowded there?

Triss

Looks like a great place to be..very pretty.
I love to walk trails in those untouched areas,with all the nature and the smells.

Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
I dunno if it gets crowded, but considering it was 4th of July weekend and there were lots of empty sites, I am guessing not too bad. It is off the beaten path and pretty small as far as camping places go and there is no fishing so I am guessing people choose other places that are close to here to camp.

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
All those ferns!
Makes it look so cool..... thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard